Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Similar from last time, few major changes to GSing's Mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StRiTcH09

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Similar from last time, few major changes to GSing's Mock Reply with quote

1. Kansas City Chiefs select Geno Smith QB, West Virginia
I've said it 3 months ago, still sticking to my guns. They need a QB. They have a bunch of talent but need a play making QB and I believe Geno will test through the roofs at the combine.

2. Jacksonville Jaguars select Damontre Moore DE, Texas A&M
Jacksonville has had so many failures at DE it is ridiculous. Branch looked solid in some ways last year, but they need that versatile guy. Moore gives them just that as he is Von Miller 2.0.

3. Oakland Raiders select Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
I have never seen a soft front 7 as bad as Oaklands. Star comes in an immediately solves their problems.

4. Philadelphia Eagles select Luke Joeckel OT, Texas A&M
Eagles need to start rebuilding their injury prone O-Line. Joeckel has the chance to be the first pick, so he is a steal here at 4 for them. Best LT IMO since Joe Thomas to come out.

5. Detroit Lions select Dee Milliner CB, Alabama
Detroit's secondary was absolutely terrible last year. I don't care what anyone says, their corners where beat on several plays and their safeties couldn't stay healthy. Milliner will come in right away and solve all their problems

6. Cleveland Browns select Jarvis Jones LB, Georgia
Wow talk about another steal for Cleveland. Especially with them switching back to a 3-4 (it's like musical defenses every two years lol) Jones fits the bill even better in their scheme. He does need to put on some weight though in order to play a 3-4 OLB, but once he is medically cleared I believe he can do so.

7. Arizona Cardinals select Eric Fisher OT, Central Michigan
SURPRISE! Cardinals need an OT, Fisher is the next best available. The Joe Staley comparisons could help him rise up the draft boards.

8. Buffalo Bills select Ryan Nassib QB, Syracuse
Think Ryan Tannehill last year, same pick similar situation. Need a QB but this time, the head coach literally gets his own guy. Don't scream at me now, cuz their is 3 months til draft day. Lots can change, but this is my major bold prediction for the draft.

9. New York Jets select Dion Jordan DE/OLB, Oregon
I have never seen a team like the Jets continue to ignore offensive weapons for their QB's... With that being said, I also never seen a team that can't get after the passer. Jordan is a freakish athlete like JPP. With the Giants already having their freakish athlete, Jets may wanna do the same thing right here. Especially with no skilled positions to take at this spot.

10. Tennessee Titans select Jonathan Hankins DT, Ohio State
As a Buckeye fan, I have had the pleasure of watching this beast for the last 3 years. He is a great motor, tackler, and very durable for his size. This year he proved the durability part when he was knocked down and looked like a nasty injury, he was back in the game. Heís got the size of an NFL NT, but also the size of Albert Haynesworth. The Titans have not had that impact at DT since he left and itís time they draft someone to fill that void.

11. San Diego Chargers select Manti Te'o LB, Notre Dame
Forget the hoax issues. Forget that he had ONE bad game against Alabama where the whole team was out of sync. Te'o has leadership ability on the field and also is a tremendous playmaker. The Chargers don't have very many of those on defense and with no OT's available for them, they go next need.

12. Miami Dolphins select Cordarrelle Patterson WR, Tennessee
Miami needs a weapon for Ryan Tannehill and Patterson has the skills to have his draft stock rise this high. The first playmaker off the board in this very weak draft.

13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Jonathan Banks CB, Mississippi State
One of my favorite prospects this year, Jonathan Banks has a great story and is a great CB. Heís an interceptions machine and can play in any scheme. He fits Tampaís defense perfectly because their CBís are extremely bad.

14. Carolina Panthers select Sheldon Richardson DT, Missouri
Once upon a time the Panthers had a great defensive line. That is no longer the case especially at the DT position. Iím not a 100% sold on Richardson just yet, but with the season Missouri had last year, it is very hard to evaluate him. Once the combine comes, then I will or wonít be sold on him a 100%. Regardless, it fills a need for the Panthers.

15. New Orleans Saints select Bjoern Werner DE, Florida State
Not impressed at all with Werner and I think he's the most over-rated player in this draft. His sacks last year came against Savana State, Wake Forest, Duke, Maryland, and others. Only the 3 sack game against Florida was semi impressive. That's because their o-line got torched by Louisville. Werner is a steal here though draft value wise.

16. St. Louis Rams select Chance Warmack G, Alabama
With the Rams having a lot of needs along the offensive line, how does one of the best guard prospects to come out in a long time sound? Warmack seems to fit the bill and would help them start to re-tool their offensive line and protect the run game.

17. Pittsburgh Steelers select Barkevious Mingo DE/OLB, LSU
Mingoís stock has fallen quite a bit since the beginning of the year. But what better team to go to that would utilize his talents then the Steelers. They always end up drafting great college players or guys with a lot of upside and turning them into studs. Mingo seems to fit the bill.

18. Dallas Cowboys select Ezekiel Ansah DE, BYU
The Cowboys could go in a number of different directions come draft day. Itís not secret Jerry Jones loves his Arkansas boys, so he could take the Tyler Wilson chance if he decides Romo isnít his QB. But for now, a need on defense could be filled right here. Ansah has great pass rush ability and would look good opposite Ware.

19. New York Giants select Alec Oggletree LB, Georgia
Giants need help at LB. Oggletree is a steal right here and could go higher come draft day with a great workout. He can be plugged in the middle from day one for NY.

20. Chicago Bears select Barrett Jones OL, Alabama
The most versatile offensive lineman I have watched in quite some time. Barrett Jones can pretty much play all 5 offensive line positions making him attractive to a team like Chicago who needs help everywhere on the line.

21. Cincinnati Bengals select Kenny Vaccaro S, Texas
Bengals need a safety pretty bad. Their secondary could be what potentially holds them down in the post season and it could be from the safety position especially. Vaccaro looks like Earl Thomas in some forms. He will definitely help them out though at 21.

22. St. Louis Rams select Lance Johnson OT, Oklahoma
I'm not trying by any means to push a guy up this high. Again, a lot can change between now and draft day. But with Lewan and Matthews going back to school, I believe Lance Johnson is the guy that can soar up into the later first round. 22 wouldn't be a bad spot for him especially being coached by Jeff Fisher. Is it a reach right now? Yes, but this helps the Rams line out TREMENDOUSLY! Remember when the 49ers took Davis and Iupati in the first round of the 2010 draft? I say that turned out pretty well (other then Davis being a bit inconsistant). Rams could do something similiar.

23. Minnesota Vikings select Justin Hunter WR, Tennessee
If the Vikings want Christian Ponder to be a better QB, they need to get him some weapons other than his TE. Justin Hunter would help out in the pass game especially if he improves his drops.

24. Indianapolis Colts select Sylvester Williams DT, North Carolina
The Colts DTís for years have been mediocre. Sylvester Williams can come in and bring some presence to the DL in the Colts 3-4 scheme. Heís an upgrade over what they have their now as well.

25. Seattle Seahawks select Keenan Allen WR, California
Seattle could use some help at WR. Allen gives them good size and hands. His speed maybe a question now, but look out at the combine.

26. Green Bay Packers select Matt Elam S, Florida
Charles Woodson isnít going to linger around forever. Matt Elam is the best safety prospect on the board and could be an eventual replacement for them.

27. Houston Texans select Terrance Williams WR, Baylor
For years and years we have needed a true number 2 WR. This year Terrance Williams makes a lot of sense for us because heís from Baylor and also provides that vertical threat. He could very well soar up the board though as the best WR in this class. So right here is a steal for us.

28. Denver Broncos select Eric Reid S, LSU
Denver's secondary was tourched in the playoffs. Their safeties have looked like they have never played a game in their life. Reid comes in and fills that hole in the secondary.

29. New England Patriots select Xavier Rhodes CB, Florida State
It always seems the Pats are in need of a CB. How about another talent in Xavier Rhodes who has actually have had great impact on a Florida State defense.

30. Atlanta Falcons select Sam Montgomery DE, LSU
If Montgomery falls this far, Atlanta takes him in a heartbeat. With the release of Ray Edwards last year and John Abraham getting old, DE is a clear cut need for the Falcons. Montgomery was once listed as a top 5 pick earlier in the year, but now has fallen off. He is a steal at this point.

31. San Francisco 49ers select John Jenkins DT, Georgia
This right here is a steal for the 49ers. Jenkins has the talent but his off the field issues caused him to slip a bit. The 49ers one weakness imo is NT. Jenkins comes in and provides that big body talent at 360 pounds.

32. Baltimore Ravens select Kevin Minter LB, LSU
Ray Lewis retires and goes out with a Super Bowl ring. How about a replacement for him and a tackles machine? Minter brings that for the Ravens.

Last edited by StRiTcH09 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nobody

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm completely fine with that pick.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Bengals pick

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats Good, I would prefer Warmack over Fisher

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
31. Atlanta Falcons select Sam Montgomery DE, LSU
If Montgomery falls this far, Atlanta takes him in a heartbeat. With the release of Ray Edwards last year and John Abraham getting old, DE is a clear cut need for the Falcons. Montgomery was once listed as a top 5 pick earlier in the year, but now has fallen off. He is a steal at this point.

no. they don't. Montgomery isn't a hard worker and he's likely off the Falcons board because of his attitude being similar to Ray Edwards. Alex Okafor makes much more sense for the Falcons

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
StRiTcH09

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:

I just don't see a guard being picked in the top 12. DeCastro was similar last year and went 24. Fisher has a lot of potential though.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Milliner won't solve all of our problems. Our safeties were responsible for all of the big plays that we gave up. Houston is a very good corner and is an alright #1. Our #2, Dwight Bentley, got injured and we were forced to start our 6th round pick. We are fine at corner if we get competent safeties. Milliner is not some ultimate solution. A pass rusher, Ezekiel Ansah is my preference, would help more than a guy who'd likely start the year as our #3 corner.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StRiTcH09 wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:

I just don't see a guard being picked in the top 12. DeCastro was similar last year and went 24. Fisher has a lot of potential though.

I see where your coming from and I like the Fisher pick too its just, I like Warmack better because as of right now guard is a bigger hole than Tackle for the Cardinals

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take Sam Montgomery at DE for the Falcons i like him as a player.
theindianstud12

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big fan of Jones. Good pick.
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xavier Rhodes is a legit CB and would be huge in that secondary whether Talib returns or not..

Sig by Smack
AAP Chandler Jones
2.5 Sax, 17 tackles, 1 TD
StRiTcH09

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Milliner won't solve all of our problems. Our safeties were responsible for all of the big plays that we gave up. Houston is a very good corner and is an alright #1. Our #2, Dwight Bentley, got injured and we were forced to start our 6th round pick. We are fine at corner if we get competent safeties. Milliner is not some ultimate solution. A pass rusher, Ezekiel Ansah is my preference, would help more than a guy who'd likely start the year as our #3 corner.

Milliner is a game changer on defense though. No safeties are rated this high either. As for your corners, Houston is alright. Bentley I think is more of a #3. Delmas was hurt a lot last year as well. If he can return to form, then all you really need is a corner and a safety. But Ansah?? Not that high. Maybe in a move down but if you move down that far, may as well pick up Vaccaro.
StRiTcH09

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:
I'll take Sam Montgomery at DE for the Falcons i like him as a player.

I agree. The talent is too far in front of Alex Okafor's. Besides, good coaching may take his attitude issues away.
StRiTcH09

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
StRiTcH09 wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:

I see where your coming from and I like the Fisher pick too its just, I like Warmack better because as of right now guard is a bigger hole than Tackle for the Cardinals

I can see why. Virtually though, have to admit your whole o line is a mess lol. didn't Massie get torched a lot too?
StRiTcH09

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody wrote:
I'm completely fine with that pick.

Thank you! I don't know how many years I have been screaming for the Colts to get a DT in the first... I think since at least 07.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: