Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brady fined 10k for slide vs. Ravens
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sp6488

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:
So $10k for the slide and Gore gets $10,500 for wearing his socks too low.

This league is such a joke. Laughing

$10k for a 1st time offense for a potentially dangerous slide.

$10.5k for a 2nd violation of dress code.

Seems about right to me.

Yep.

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
To the guys who responded to my post:

That's exactly my point - Brady was held to the same standards as other people. I'm saying that to the people who think it wasn't malicious - that's not the point. The point is that it was dangerous, so he should be held to the same standards that other people are, and he was.

I guess I just kind of worded it in a confusing way, sowwy Cool

No problem. Very Happy

I guess my point is directed towards the handful of folks who are stating that this was some very dangerous situation for Ed Reed; Yeah, I mean...I guess it is, but trying to paint some picture of it being some career ending injury, something that would affect his quality of life (I understand that he's got neck issues, but still).

Many of those people lamenting the situation that Reed was put into by the slide were the same people who completely went off the reservation when Reed was psuedo-suspended earlier this season for excessive H2H contact. You can't have it both ways, calling one a dangerous situation that could have dire results for Reed, but chastise the league for doing too much in the earlier suspension. Either BOTH can have dire effects, or BOTH were overly excessive conclusions.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
sp6488

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

That's exactly my point - Brady was held to the same standards as other people. I'm saying that to the people who think it wasn't malicious - that's not the point. The point is that it was dangerous, so he should be held to the same standards that other people are, and he was.

No problem. Very Happy

I guess my point is directed towards the handful of folks who are stating that this was some very dangerous situation for Ed Reed; Yeah, I mean...I guess it is, but trying to paint some picture of it being some career ending injury, something that would affect his quality of life (I understand that he's got neck issues, but still).

Many of those people lamenting the situation that Reed was put into by the slide were the same people who completely went off the reservation when Reed was psuedo-suspended earlier this season for excessive H2H contact. You can't have it both ways, calling one a dangerous situation that could have dire results for Reed, but chastise the league for doing too much in the earlier suspension. Either BOTH can have dire effects, or BOTH were overly excessive conclusions.

Are you trying to say Ravens fans without generalizing fans... (don't want to be un-modly)? I'm on to your tricks. Wink

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

No problem. Very Happy

Are you trying to say Ravens fans without generalizing fans... (don't want to be un-modly)? I'm on to your tricks. Wink

Caught. Hand in the cookie jar. You got me. Now, be quiet and enjoy your Super Bowl. Crying or Very sad

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no point in fining him for this, it wont prevent him from doing it again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: