Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cowboys hire Rich Bisaccia as ST Coach

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
MaddHatter


Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 45427
Location: ROH Class of 14
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Cowboys hire Rich Bisaccia as ST Coach Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/8881406/rich-bisaccia-coach-dallas-cowboys-special-teams-report-says

Quote:
After just 22 days on the job, Rich Bisaccia has left Auburn to reportedly take a job as special-teams coach for the Dallas Cowboys.


Bisaccia, who spent the last two seasons as the Chargers special teams coach, left San Diego for Auburn after he was hired to become a running backs coach/special-teams coordinator on Jan. 3. AL.com reported that Bisaccia will accept the Cowboys job later Friday.

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boltstrikes


Moderator
Joined: 15 Feb 2006
Posts: 6326
Location: LA MIRADA, CA
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite an interesting twist. He did wonders for our ST unit while he was here. It's a shame he didn't want to be here with our new front office and coaching staff.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 27884
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:
Quite an interesting twist. He did wonders for our ST unit while he was here. It's a shame he didn't want to be here with our new front office and coaching staff.


Well, anyone could have done wonders after Steve Crosby.
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boltstrikes


Moderator
Joined: 15 Feb 2006
Posts: 6326
Location: LA MIRADA, CA
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We went from an embarrassment to blocking punts, returning kicks for TDs. It was night and day. The guy has to be a decent ST coach with the turnaround we experienced.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 27884
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:
We went from an embarrassment to blocking punts, returning kicks for TDs. It was night and day. The guy has to be a decent ST coach with the turnaround we experienced.


Blocking punts? Don't remember much of that. We also got blocked a few times this year.
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boltstrikes


Moderator
Joined: 15 Feb 2006
Posts: 6326
Location: LA MIRADA, CA
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Week 1. It's made especially epic in my memories because it was against Oakland.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 27884
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:
Week 1. It's made especially epic in my memories because it was against Oakland.


Ok, but that doesn't count since the LS was out and that ST was a joke Laughing
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
YoungBucs15


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 3844
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Dallas trying to hire all the old Tampa staff? Wish he would've never left but surprised he hasn't gotten a promotion at some point.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
sayheykid


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 3344
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:
The guy has to be a decent ST coach with the turnaround we experienced.


He is better than decent. He's a great ST coach. I keep expecting him to get more looks for a HC opportunity.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mfw096


Joined: 11 Feb 2007
Posts: 2926
Location: UNLV
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pickup!
_________________
Adopt a Buc:
2012 - Doug Martin
2013 - Darrelle Revis
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kramxel


Joined: 14 Nov 2007
Posts: 4146
Location: Portugal
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad he set sail....

Don't think it's the best of moves considering his goal is to get an HC job....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Strawman Theory


Joined: 06 Jun 2012
Posts: 636
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kramxel wrote:
Too bad he set sail....

Don't think it's the best of moves considering his goal is to get an HC job....
Who is the last ST guy to get a HC gig Bill Cowher?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 29214
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strawman Theory wrote:
kramxel wrote:
Too bad he set sail....

Don't think it's the best of moves considering his goal is to get an HC job....
Who is the last ST guy to get a HC gig Bill Cowher?


John Harbaugh...


I'm looking forward to seeing what Bisaccia can do with our STs. Dwayne Harris showed promise as a returner late in the year, so hopefully he can continue his progress under him.
_________________

^^^Deadpulse
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Boltstrikes


Moderator
Joined: 15 Feb 2006
Posts: 6326
Location: LA MIRADA, CA
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sayheykid wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:
The guy has to be a decent ST coach with the turnaround we experienced.


He is better than decent. He's a great ST coach. I keep expecting him to get more looks for a HC opportunity.


Just to clarify, I agree.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lionslicer


Joined: 06 Nov 2010
Posts: 1813
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strawman Theory wrote:
kramxel wrote:
Too bad he set sail....

Don't think it's the best of moves considering his goal is to get an HC job....
Who is the last ST guy to get a HC gig Bill Cowher?


Cowher was a special teams coach for 2 years before coaching defense for 5 years before becoming a head coach.
_________________
Kickers are people too
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group