Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets could part ways with CB Darrelle Revis
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrettFavre4

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Jets could part ways with CB Darrelle Revis Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000130412/article/report-jets-could-part-ways-with-darrelle-revis

Quote:
The New York Jets will owe Darrelle Revis $6 million in 2013 and he could be an unrestricted free agent after the season. The organization is considering life without the All-Pro cornerback, according to CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora.

Quote:
Owner Woody Johnson is concerned the Jets won't be able to re-sign Revis due to cap issues and the current rebuilding process that included the hiring of new general manager John Idzik. Revis is considered the top cornerback in the league and one of the best defensive player regardless of position. He held out in 2010 and signed his current deal with player options for 2014, 2015 and 2016. Revis will turn 28 in July and should want to cash in on a major payday.

The Jets hold very few valuable trading pieces and Revis happens to be one of them. Sources told La Canfora the Jets plan to use the 2013 season to get their salary cap in order and other "budgetary housecleaning."
green24

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate Woody Johnson. Jerry Jones is a better owner than Woody Johnson.

Assuming we make obvious cuts, we're also projected to be more than $50M under the cap for 2014. If we let Revis go, it's not because of a lack of cap room.

#TeamManfred
Ketchup

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trading your best player while he's coming off a major injury is just bad business.

Kempes on the custom sig!
green24

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
Trading your best player while he's coming off a major injury is just bad business.

Agreed. If you really want to trade away a cornerstone player, Antonio Cromartie would make more sense. He is coming off the best season of his career and his value will probably never be higher.

#TeamManfred
CJ4life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send him to the Falcons. Very Happy

Only way this really makes any sense at all is if the Jets know something we don't. Unless the injury isn't healing the way its supposed to, this is a pretty bone-headed decision.

driftwood wrote:
haggis wrote:
i bet if you had sould after he jumped a little cough here and there usually follow

lol, wait what?
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really, Jets?

Laughing

TheKillerNacho wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Aah, at least I can count on the Jets to be the perfect division rival.

Nacho Simulation Football League
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the feeling people are taking this a step further than the truth.

It could be my Jets bias, but "exploring trade options" is not the same as "trying to trade". Not saying this would happen, but if the Colts said they'd trade Luck and 3 first round picks for Revis (completely ridiculous), that'd be a move they should explore.

I don't think they'd actually take a move that was anything less than a kings ransom.
lionslicer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
I hate Woody Johnson. Jerry Jones is a better owner than Woody Johnson.

Assuming we make obvious cuts, we're also projected to be more than $50M under the cap for 2014. If we let Revis go, it's not because of a lack of cap room.

Al Davis is a better owner than Woody Johnson... and he's dead.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:

Seems like a move of desperation!

Who is going to give up a kings ransom for a player coming off of a major injury that will also command around $15 million per?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CJ4life wrote:
Send him to the Falcons. Very Happy

Only way this really makes any sense at all is if the Jets know something we don't. Unless the injury isn't healing the way its supposed to, this is a pretty bone-headed decision.

He probably walks after next year. IIRC they can't franchise him after next year and they probably can't/won't pay him the money he'll want. Better see if they can get anything for him.
D.Revis24

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@AlbertBreer
As CBS reported, Jets owner Woody Johnson has expressed concern over Revis's future, and has told people "we have to make a decision" on 24.

This isn't that they are trading him, its they either decide to pay him or trade him. Can't let him go into the season on a 1 year deal, can't franchise tag him and then potentially lose him and get nothing.

I think they should pay him, trade Cromartie instead. Hes coming off of a great season, but he isn't Revis. We have overpaid so many average players, I rather pay an elite player.

Props to El Ramster on the sig
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's just dumb.

Seriously, just absolutely dumb.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
JMG

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
That's just dumb.

Just how I feel.

As I Jet fan, I'm sick to my stomach. Trading Revis would be the worst decision ever by the Jets. They'd lose a lot of fan base.

Just pay the man. If you have to, trade Cromartie if you're that cheap.

[]_[] Family
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JMG wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
That's just dumb.

Just how I feel.

As I Jet fan, I'm sick to my stomach. Trading Revis would be the worst decision ever by the Jets. They'd lose a lot of fan base.

Just pay the man. If you have to, trade Cromartie if you're that cheap.

Seriously. You don't just let a top-3 CB walk because he's coming off an ACL injury. Lardarius Webb, just for comparison purposes, came back from an ACL injury and was better than ever after a year, and Revis is VERY young still, so what's Woody thinking?!

I just don't get it. Personally, I wish the Ravens would pick him up and dump all of our other CB's besides maybe Chykie Brown and Jimmy Smith. That would be scary. But oh well, if they indeed release him, it will be the nail in the coffin for the Jets.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
D.Revis24

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Seriously. You don't just let a top-3 CB walk because he's coming off an ACL injury. Lardarius Webb, just for comparison purposes, came back from an ACL injury and was better than ever after a year, and Revis is VERY young still, so what's Woody thinking?!

I just don't get it. Personally, I wish the Ravens would pick him up and dump all of our other CB's besides maybe Chykie Brown and Jimmy Smith. That would be scary. But oh well, if they indeed release him, it will be the nail in the coffin for the Jets.

They aren't looking to release him, but to trade him.

Props to El Ramster on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: