Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets could part ways with CB Darrelle Revis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aceinthehouse wrote:
And 1 more thing...

remember when the Redskins had Champ Bailey?
He was arguably a top 3 CB at that time. (He's on his way to the HOF) right?

Not only did the Redskins NOT get a 1st rd pick for Champ, they had to trade AWAY a 2nd rd pick just to get a player like RB Clinton Portis.

Now don't get me wrong. Portis is a great player.

Now Revis may or may not have better value than Champ did at that time.
But I would think coming off of an ACL surgery, has to temper a teams expectations...a little. Right?

Again...I think the best value the jets can get here, is a player(s) for (players) trade.
Maybe they get a mid rounder thrown in there.

With what Revis wants in Money, no way in hell is a team throwing a 1st rounder in the Jets direction.
Ain't happening, friends.

Yeah, buddy...the Broncos fleeced the Skins in that trade because Vinny Cerrato had no clue what he was doing in Washington. Bailey was obviously more valuable then Portis.

Using a trade from almost a decade ago to back-up your ludicrous idea is pretty lame. The market is much different.
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadaluvsdalla wrote:
Yeah let's put Kenny Britt in the NYC spotlight. Perfect combination... Rolling Eyes

See I knew someone would understand Laughing

But seriously, this is the same team that traded for both Santonio Holmes and Braylon Edwards. Both those guys had their off the field problems like Britt. Maybe not as many instances but still.

Zach Brown-Injured (Out for Year)
Taylor Thompson-2 rec, 24 yards, 0 TDs

Joined Deshaun Watson bandwagon-9/27/14
justo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
A) They outlawed tag and trades
No they didn't. There's no way to enforce intent with the NFL. No rule says you can't tag and trade him, just that you can't tag him with the intent to trade him. Tag, offer something too low, say you thought he would sign for that, trade, profit. We will see a tag and trade this year.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:

Jennings makes no sense either. A) They outlawed tag and trades and B) why would the Jets want a guy on a one year contract who has been injured for the past couple of years anyways?

A) no they didn't
B) obviously a contract extension (for both sides) would be part of the deal in addition to draft pick(s)
Spiel612

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:
canadaluvsdalla wrote:
Yeah let's put Kenny Britt in the NYC spotlight. Perfect combination... Rolling Eyes

But seriously, this is the same team that traded for both Santonio Holmes and Braylon Edwards. Both those guys had their off the field problems like Britt. Maybe not as many instances but still.

Well he is from the area. Bayonne is just a few exits away from the border. It's a shame he's a head case.
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiel612 wrote:
TitanSlim wrote:
canadaluvsdalla wrote:

Well he is from the area. Bayonne is just a few exits away from the border. It's a shame he's a head case.

Yeah, maybe Britt's one of these guys who needs to play close to home to avoid his off the field problems. The problem is that most of off the field problems have come when he returned to the NY/NJ area so..... I doubt we'll even consider trading for Revis but it's fun talk.

I was wondering if there was any chance the Jets would trade him within the division. Like if the Patriots or Bills were to offer some monsterous offer like two 1st rounders, a 3rd rounder, and a quality player, would the Jets take the offer.

Zach Brown-Injured (Out for Year)
Taylor Thompson-2 rec, 24 yards, 0 TDs

Joined Deshaun Watson bandwagon-9/27/14
Spiel612

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:
Spiel612 wrote:
TitanSlim wrote:
canadaluvsdalla wrote:

Yeah, maybe Britt's one of these guys who needs to play close to home to avoid his off the field problems. The problem is that most of off the field problems have come when he returned to the NY/NJ area so..... I doubt we'll even consider trading for Revis but it's fun talk.

I was wondering if there was any chance the Jets would trade him within the division. Like if the Patriots or Bills were to offer some monsterous offer like two 1st rounders, a 3rd rounder, and a quality player, would the Jets take the offer.

The offer would have to truly blow them away. I can't imagine Buffalo or New England is willing to offer the type of package that a division rival would have to offer.
D.Revis24

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm telling you, no team is going to part ways with a 1st rd pick with Revis coming off of ACL surgery. Not gonna happen.

The best value the Jets will get will be a player(s) for player(s) and maybe a mid rd pick added.

Players return to full strength from ACL tears all of the time now and the Jets aren't going to trade Revis away unless they get good value, this team is getting killed right now and if they trade away the best player the Jets have ever had for a player and mid round pick, there will be huge backlash. PR nightmare.

And you are underestimating the market.

Quote:
One NFL general manager said the interest in Darrelle Revis is "one of the biggest potential trade markets for a player ever." "There's a Revis gold rush forming," the GM said.

Props to El Ramster on the sig
justo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jets have no leverage though. If they expect too much for him then he just leaves and they get nothing in return.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4155/darrelle-revis

Quote:
According to ESPN New York, Darrelle Revis is "believed" to be seeking $16 million annually and $60 million guaranteed on his next contract.

$60,000,000 guaranteed!

Michael Johnson 11 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
Sacks98

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadaluvsdalla wrote:
Guess what NFL. The seattle seahawks are highly interested in this trade.

Sick. We need a new nick name. Legion of Boom ain't enough

http://www.fieldgulls.com/latest-news/2013/1/25/3915550/darrelle-revis-trade-rumors-seahawks-reportedly-highly-interested

That would be pretty sick but we don't need him we need to upgrade our pass rush.
justo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:

Quote:
According to ESPN New York, Darrelle Revis is "believed" to be seeking $16 million annually and $60 million guaranteed on his next contract.

$60,000,000 guaranteed!

Shocked Well then. I hope San Fran gets him Cool
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope he goes to the NFC if he goes anywhere.
The Jets sending him to a contending team in the AFC would be the biggest F.U. to the Patriots ever.

I adopted some kid named Malcolm Butler
If anyone sees him, let me know.
ninerfanwheelz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:

Quote:

$60,000,000 guaranteed!

I'm not sure if I could get on board with that Shocked

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
I hear within 5 years the fans at Jags games will be able to vote via Twitter on the in-game playcalls.
Brown_Mamba

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This wouldn't be as bad of a move as you guys might think.

Cromartie has come on as of late, and who knows how Revis will be coming back from that ACL injury. Trading him wouldn't be that bad of an idea because they could get a lot of draft picks out of him, and lord knows they could use some talent on that team.

Dirk No-Miss-zki fan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 8 of 13

Jump to: