Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Expected / Potential Cuts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
green24

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiel612 wrote:
green24 wrote:
Jason Smith
Calvin Pace
Bart Scott
Tim Tebow
Eric Smith
Sione Pouha
Santonio Holmes

First four are definite. Smith and Pouha are very likely as well.

I agree with all of those, but I don't think they'll cut Holmes. Certainly would make my day.

There's also a really good chance the Jets don't re-sign any of their "key" free agents.

Dustin Keller
Shonn Greene
Mike DeVito
LaRon Landry
Matt Slauson
Brandon Moore

I don't think a single one of them is going to return.

I think we might franchise or re-sign Keller. I agree with you on the rest.

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
Zithers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Gamble and DeAngelo Williams would be the big ones

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
Charles Woodson and Jeff Saturday are almost locks to be cut.
Has Woodson played poorly or is it because his play isn't worth his pay?

Was always my favorite corner.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tacos wrote:
Ketchup wrote:

$$ and had a down year this year. I'd like to keep him around though. Hopefully he takes a pay cut.

3-Peat Footballs Future Elite Baseball League Champion
Ronnie's Pinky

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex Smith and David Akers won't be missed. Brandon Jacobs is already done. Hard to think of anyone else who is clearly on the way out, though a couple of depth players will probably get the axe when the rookies come in. The 49ers have 12 picks in the 2013 draft (assuming they get a comp), so it could be a bloodbath for the bottom of the roster guys, although I have a hunch Baalke will trade up in the 1st round for a defensive lineman and the team won't end up having all that many rookies on the opening day roster.

Actually, now that I think of it, A.J. Jenkins (last year's #1) could be in jeopardy of getting cut or more likely dealt at a discount, given the strong depth of receivers in the 2nd/3rd round of this year's draft. Most likely, he'll keep his roster spot, though, as another spot for a receiver should open up with Randy most likely not coming back. Actually, all of the receivers not named Crabtree should be feeling the heat.
Ketchup

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tacos wrote:
Ketchup wrote:

He was by no means terrible but his play no longer warrants his massive contract. He's a great locker room leader so brining him back on a much lesser contract is definitely a possibility.

Kempes on the custom sig!
DrawABlank

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Turner is 99% certain to go

Dunta Robinson is a possibility (but more likely to re-structure)

Peria Jerry being released would please the fans

Matt Bryant could go if we are deliberately getting cheaper on ST, although it would be unpopular

Obviously we have FAs and retirees on top of that, but those are the guys under contract who could be gone.

Foster-A-Falcon: Matt Bryant
2013 Stats: 24/27 FG (88.9%), 39/39 XP (100%)
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Colts have a lot of free agents hitting the market and a lot of cap room so I don't think anyone is a risk to get cut for cap reasons but there are a few players who might be cut due to low performance output.

Samson Satele
Jerry Hughes
Donald Brown
Tom Zbikowski
texans_uk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Spiel612 wrote:
green24 wrote:
Jason Smith
Calvin Pace
Bart Scott
Tim Tebow
Eric Smith
Sione Pouha
Santonio Holmes

First four are definite. Smith and Pouha are very likely as well.

I agree with all of those, but I don't think they'll cut Holmes. Certainly would make my day.

There's also a really good chance the Jets don't re-sign any of their "key" free agents.

Dustin Keller
Shonn Greene
Mike DeVito
LaRon Landry
Matt Slauson
Brandon Moore

I don't think a single one of them is going to return.

I think we might franchise or re-sign Keller. I agree with you on the rest.

Forgive me for my lack of knowledge of the jets, but t those lists make it appear like a mass exodus?

nicfre2011

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhackyPlague wrote:
Only including starters.

Almost Certain (extremely overpaid):
Demetress Bell
Nnamdi Asomugha
Michael Vick

Likely:
King Dunlap
Kurt Coleman

I think Dunlap is a free agent.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
C$!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The steelers:
Willie Colon
Brett Keisel
James Harrison (Although I think a restructure with pay cut is how they go)
Troy Polamalu (doubtful at best but he has has issues with staying healthy)

Other than that, I think the rest of the potential cut are already ufa.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A.J. Hawk Fan wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Kevin Williams is due $7M and if he doesnt take a pay cut, i cant see the Vikings keeping him around.

Michael Jenkins is also due a bonus in March and he will probably be released.
do you think Kevin would fit in well with the pack?

Kevin has always been resistant to the idea of a 3-4 defense and wasn't a fan of it back in the day when the Vikings ran some 3-4, so I would guess he'd look for a 4-3 team that is playoff bound next year over a 3-4 team.

Forge

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronnie's Pinky wrote:
Alex Smith and David Akers won't be missed. Brandon Jacobs is already done. Hard to think of anyone else who is clearly on the way out, though a couple of depth players will probably get the axe when the rookies come in. The 49ers have 12 picks in the 2013 draft (assuming they get a comp), so it could be a bloodbath for the bottom of the roster guys, although I have a hunch Baalke will trade up in the 1st round for a defensive lineman and the team won't end up having all that many rookies on the opening day roster.

Actually, now that I think of it, A.J. Jenkins (last year's #1) could be in jeopardy of getting cut or more likely dealt at a discount, given the strong depth of receivers in the 2nd/3rd round of this year's draft. Most likely, he'll keep his roster spot, though, as another spot for a receiver should open up with Randy most likely not coming back. Actually, all of the receivers not named Crabtree should be feeling the heat.

I actually had that same thought about Jenkins. They won't cut him after one year, I'm sure, but if he can't crack the lineup and contribute next year, I don't think he will see year 3. Manningham is a viable cut candidate now, though I'm not sure what the rules are pertaining to cutting the injured.

Akers is definitely gone (I believe the niners will draft a kicker in red 6-7), though may be brought in to compete against a youngster. Alex, though they could technically keep him, is 99% out the door. My surprise cut would be whitner, though I don't think his cap hit is unfriendly and its the last year of his deal so we will probably ride it out.

I don't see us trading up in the first though. We don't have the ammo for it honestly, unless we are talking 2-3 spots. All of our extra picks come in the later rounds (4 7ths I believe we have, for example) so I would expect more shuffling in the middle rounds

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
Ronnie's Pinky wrote:

I actually had that same thought about Jenkins. They won't cut him after one year, I'm sure, but if he can't crack the lineup and contribute next year, I don't think he will see year 3. Manningham is a viable cut candidate now, though I'm not sure what the rules are pertaining to cutting the injured.

Akers is definitely gone (I believe the niners will draft a kicker in red 6-7), though may be brought in to compete against a youngster. Alex, though they could technically keep him, is 99% out the door. My surprise cut would be whitner, though I don't think his cap hit is unfriendly and its the last year of his deal so we will probably ride it out.

I don't see us trading up in the first though. We don't have the ammo for it honestly, unless we are talking 2-3 spots. All of our extra picks come in the later rounds (4 7ths I believe we have, for example) so I would expect more shuffling in the middle rounds
To add to this, I could see Delainie Walker getting cut if he doesn't do well in the big game.

Thanks to Peppers90 on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
Richard Seymour and Tommy Kelly are the big ones for Oakland.

For the billionth time, Seymour is a FA. He can't be cut. He's a FA.

McClain - certain
DHB - most likely given salary

Two in a long list of wasted 1st round picks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: