You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Revis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Nodisrespect


Joined: 28 Nov 2009
Posts: 5939
Location: in the present
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Professor Oak wrote:
IncarceratedBob is the source, so take it with a grain of salt.


Ok, it never happened then.
Plenty of other people are reporting it besides him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Moderator
Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 41597
Location: Los Angeles, CA
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd give up a first easily for him if he wasn't coming off an ACL. He's costly, but he's a top 5 defender in the NFL when healthy. Especially snce we're so thin at CB. If we could work out the cap situation with him, I'd be totally down for bringing Revis in.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raidin


Joined: 05 Mar 2007
Posts: 5711
Location: Dublin
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's on twitter then it's definitely true.
_________________
raidr4life wrote:
Imagine if EricAllen21 posted better. Just imagine.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 15392
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
I'd give up a first easily for him if he wasn't coming off an ACL. He's costly, but he's a top 5 defender in the NFL when healthy. Especially snce we're so thin at CB. If we could work out the cap situation with him, I'd be totally down for bringing Revis in.


If he's a top 5 defender, why did the defense improve after he got hurt playing against better competition??

I know why Smile
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bitty


Joined: 19 Jan 2005
Posts: 4407
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
No, no, no, no, no way. Dude is so overrated it's not even funny. The Jets passing defense improved after he went down. CBs are not huge factors in the success a team has. He will be in no way, shape, or form worth what it will take to get him and what his contract will be.


It's just to easy to avoid a CB add that with being one of the top paid players in the NFL. It's a recipe for disaster.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dreadymatt


Joined: 05 Feb 2010
Posts: 1039
Location: Saturn
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we couldn't jutify such expense
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Moderator
Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 41597
Location: Los Angeles, CA
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
I'd give up a first easily for him if he wasn't coming off an ACL. He's costly, but he's a top 5 defender in the NFL when healthy. Especially snce we're so thin at CB. If we could work out the cap situation with him, I'd be totally down for bringing Revis in.


If he's a top 5 defender, why did the defense improve after he got hurt playing against better competition??

I know why Smile


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BigD1123


Joined: 14 Dec 2012
Posts: 758
Location: South carolina
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just talking about it on the Dan Patrick show. Revis is in last yr of his deal with a NO FRANCHISE clause. They wont get more than a third or fourth. They also eat 9 mill of the contract. No team is going to pay 7 mil for a player fresh off an acl with only one yr left and no leverage to keep him longer and give up a high pick.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NickButera


Moderator
Joined: 14 Sep 2009
Posts: 7308
Location: Nevada
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's plant some facts in here. NFL Network reported his salary is only 6 million for next year. Spotrac says his base is 3 million with a 6 million bonus. I tend to side toward the experts as they may know something about his contract that the generic numbers don't reveal. Anywho, if it is 6 million, we could easily find a way to make it work.

Secondly, 2013 is the last year of his contract. Meaning it would be a 1 year rental for any team and his trade value plummets because of that. 3rd rounder, 4th rounder, player for player trades etc is what they would reasonably hope to get. No one in their right mind is going to give a high round pick for a player with no guarantee he'll be there past this season. So if the Jets are seriously entertaining trade talks, they know this and wouldn't be asking the farm for him.

If we look at him, Reggie will be looking to get him on the cheap. Personally I'm not worried one ounce that we'll give up too much. Which is a tad strange. I'm not used to feeling this secure in our teams ability to be rational. Laughing

Edit: Dang it BigD! You beat me to it. Well played.
_________________
Bah-Weep-Granah-Weep-Nini-Bong

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BigD1123


Joined: 14 Dec 2012
Posts: 758
Location: South carolina
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very very sneaky!!
Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 17060
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
Let's plant some facts in here. NFL Network reported his salary is only 6 million for next year. Spotrac says his base is 3 million with a 6 million bonus. I tend to side toward the experts as they may know something about his contract that the generic numbers don't reveal. Anywho, if it is 6 million, we could easily find a way to make it work.


Spotrac actually agrees with the 6M if you look at the details. 3M is his base salary. He's also due a 1M reporting bonus, 1M roster bonus and 1M workout bonus. That's a total of 6M for the team trading for Revis. The other 3M are part of the 2011 18M option bonus which would stay on the Jets books.
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 15392
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
I'd give up a first easily for him if he wasn't coming off an ACL. He's costly, but he's a top 5 defender in the NFL when healthy. Especially snce we're so thin at CB. If we could work out the cap situation with him, I'd be totally down for bringing Revis in.


If he's a top 5 defender, why did the defense improve after he got hurt playing against better competition??

I know why Smile




That was for your "sitting in a tree comment" LOL
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Moderator
Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 41597
Location: Los Angeles, CA
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
I'd give up a first easily for him if he wasn't coming off an ACL. He's costly, but he's a top 5 defender in the NFL when healthy. Especially snce we're so thin at CB. If we could work out the cap situation with him, I'd be totally down for bringing Revis in.


If he's a top 5 defender, why did the defense improve after he got hurt playing against better competition??

I know why Smile




That was for your "sitting in a tree comment" LOL


Word. Anyone else find it ironic that The Rock is now bald, with a goatee? Like his old arch nemesis, Stone Cold Steve Austin used have. Funny to me.

Does anyone else wonder what Revis could do in a Charles Woodson kind of role? Prevents opponents from just avoiding him. The Woodson move could be an influence on Reggie too
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dmac505


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 1064
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would people do dmc and our 3rd for revis?


I think it is plausible, if the jets think they have no chance at resigning him long term, then why not get something out of him

IIRC they wanted to draft DMC that year, and they have a poor Run game.


Both are coming off injuries, with 1 year left on their deals.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 15392
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmac505 wrote:
would people do dmc and our 3rd for revis?


I think it is plausible, if the jets think they have no chance at resigning him long term, then why not get something out of him

IIRC they wanted to draft DMC that year, and they have a poor Run game.


Both are coming off injuries, with 1 year left on their deals.


McFadden would help our team's outcome significantly more than Revis and he'd cost less. Keep Revis away.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group