Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Revis
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Nodisrespect


Joined: 28 Nov 2009
Posts: 3915
Location: in the present
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Revis Reply with quote

I hear we are looking at him, would you trade for him? If so what?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 14292
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: Revis Reply with quote

Where did you hear that?
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OakRaiders3828


Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 10096
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? I really hope we don't give up our first again if that's true
_________________
O A K L A N D R A I D E R S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nodisrespect


Joined: 28 Nov 2009
Posts: 3915
Location: in the present
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: Revis Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Where did you hear that?
Twitter, Says it's the Broncos/Raiders and Redskins called the Jets about him in the last 24 hours.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 12148
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, no, no, no, no way. Dude is so overrated it's not even funny. The Jets passing defense improved after he went down. CBs are not huge factors in the success a team has. He will be in no way, shape, or form worth what it will take to get him and what his contract will be.
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 14292
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Revis Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Where did you hear that?
Twitter, Says it's the Broncos/Raiders and Redskins called the Jets about him in the last 24 hours.


I wonder what they're aking for. I know they're basically in the same situation we were last year cap wise so they might not be in position to ask for too much. I'm not sure we can afford his contract though.
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pHaT_dEsI


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 782
Location: Yoc-Town
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Highly doubt its anything more than just us dipping our toes in the water. Reggie has been quotes saying how much he loves his draft picks, so he will not part with a 1st for a player recovering from an ACL. Secondly our cap space will not be able to carry Revis' contract.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ZoomWaffle


Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Posts: 5365
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reports are saying they want at least a 1st for him. No way, no how. Not only is he coming off a torn ACL, but we simply cant afford him. Also, I'm sick of trading away 1st round picks. By the time next season starts, he will be 28, which is not old at all, but I want young players who we can have for 10+ years.
_________________


Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nodisrespect


Joined: 28 Nov 2009
Posts: 3915
Location: in the present
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Revis Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Where did you hear that?
Twitter, Says it's the Broncos/Raiders and Redskins called the Jets about him in the last 24 hours.


I wonder what they're aking for. I know they're basically in the same situation we were last year cap wise so they might not be in position to ask for too much. I'm not sure we can afford his contract though.
Can we swap his contract say for example with Carson Palmer? Do you know how that effects the salary cap for both teams? Question
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 14292
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They wouldn't get the 3rd overall straight up for a 28 years old CB, no matter how good he is.
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 14292
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Revis Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Where did you hear that?
Twitter, Says it's the Broncos/Raiders and Redskins called the Jets about him in the last 24 hours.


I wonder what they're aking for. I know they're basically in the same situation we were last year cap wise so they might not be in position to ask for too much. I'm not sure we can afford his contract though.
Can we swap his contract say for example with Carson Palmer? Do you know how that effects the salary cap for both teams? Question


For 2013, we'd gain a bit of cap space but the Jets can't afford Palmer's contract. Their salary cap situation is the main reason they're shopping Revis.
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nodisrespect


Joined: 28 Nov 2009
Posts: 3915
Location: in the present
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
They wouldn't get the 3rd overall straight up for a 28 years old CB, no matter how good he is.
What about swapping picks, giving up a 3rd and Carson Palmer?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Professor Oak


Joined: 12 Apr 2011
Posts: 3842
Location: Pallet Town
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IncarceratedBob is the source, so take it with a grain of salt.

Would I be surprised if we inquired about him? No. Would I be surprised if we actually went after him? Yes.

We can't afford adding his salary to our current cap situation. I can't check his contract at the moment, but I think he's on the last year of his deal. Regardless, he's coming off a torn ACL & we can't afford to lose more picks (assuming that is what NYJ wants).
_________________
(o◕ ‿‿◕o)//
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nodisrespect


Joined: 28 Nov 2009
Posts: 3915
Location: in the present
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Revis Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Where did you hear that?
Twitter, Says it's the Broncos/Raiders and Redskins called the Jets about him in the last 24 hours.


I wonder what they're aking for. I know they're basically in the same situation we were last year cap wise so they might not be in position to ask for too much. I'm not sure we can afford his contract though.
Can we swap his contract say for example with Carson Palmer? Do you know how that effects the salary cap for both teams? Question


For 2013, we'd gain a bit of cap space but the Jets can't afford Palmer's contract. Their salary cap situation is the main reason they're shopping Revis.
Ok gotcha. So it would 'nt work unless they got rid of Sanchez too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 14292
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Oak wrote:
IncarceratedBob is the source, so take it with a grain of salt.


Ok, it never happened then.
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group