Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Revis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because Nnamdi in his prime got us those elusive W! lol

If Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, Im uncoachable, Im unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even an inquiry would be disappointing. . . . .

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
holyghost wrote:
Is this really a Woodson situation?
I see Revis as a guy who benefits greatly from NOT playing in Oakland. Always have. Meaning, this dude is ultra physical with WRs. There's no way he wouldn't lead the league in flags playing for the Raiders.

Plus the idea of giving up draft picks makes me ill. We are just getting ready to have our first full draft in years, not even this year but next year. I'd hate to get back on that cycle of pain. Sorry, but no to Revis. He's definitely a guy the old regime would have went for. It's been like what, 4 or 5 years running where we burned picks on high priced vets? Have we gotten even one iota better doing it?

I'm just saying he could pay a lot of dividends for us. I do think that if we got him, it would be in a rational way as NickB alluded to

He could, in theory.
And a rational trade for him is fine.

But... I just... I just think it's a really important thing to have a full draft for once. Or even one of those drafts where we have 10 or 13 picks. We just never seem to be in that position.
Revis might be the one guy who it's worth doing this for, as opposed to Seymour, Palmer, Wimbley, Curry, etc. None of whom are game changers one bit.

But I am just of the opinion that at this point, I really hope McKenzie doesn't trade any picks for any vets. In any circumstance. I think it's important to get off the addictive cycle of mortgaging the drafting of new, young, and cheap personnel. My thinking is that it is basically a debt position to be in, rather than a capital position. To put it in financial terms if that makes any sense. Noone in debt is in better shape than someone with liquid assets, and even though that's a money metaphor, I think it holds true with football in this case..
If anything I think we should be adding picks anywhere and everywhere we can. Not giving more away.

This is smart, rational thinking. Even if he would only cost a 4th he is a crazy expensive player and is a band aid, similar to Seymour. We aren't in a position for band aid veterans with bloated salaries.

I'm only on board for a trade for Revis if it is a cap friendly player trade, no draft picks conceded. And even then I wouldnt want to trade Palmer or DMC for him. Give em Tommy Kelly and DHB, that'll work just fine for me.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:

It never hurts to see what options are available via trade or free agency. I doubt we'll be real players in the Revis trade sweepstakes but it's nice to know Reggie is willing to explore his options.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

It never hurts to see what options are available via trade or free agency. I doubt we'll be real players in the Revis trade sweepstakes but it's nice to know Reggie is willing to explore his options.

I'm not into window shopping. The mere thought that the Raiders might be open to moving a draft pick 1 - 3 + significant portion of salary cap for a player with a blown acl is a red flag. no doubt.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:

Why is due diligence a bad thing?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

I'm not into window shopping. The mere thought that the Raiders might be open to moving a draft pick 1 - 3 + significant portion of salary cap for a player with a blown acl is a red flag. no doubt.

Not to mention a position that isn't even a factor 1/3 of the time during the time on the field. Makes it even worse.

PM sig requests.
BigD1123

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just my opinion vut i think with Revis the Raiders improve a game or two. I really dont care if we get him or not tbh. But it kinda ticked me off when we needed corner help badly and passed on Talib for what a fourth or fifth? I know that if he came its prolly a one year stint. But if you get him for a four or five then odds are he is going to be much better than whoever you would have drafted. Not to mention if he does leave for a big contract wouldnt we recieve a comp pick? If that the case you give up a 4 or 5 get a shutdown cb for a yr then more than likely get a 3 as comp when he signs elsewear.
nbaker1933

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not pretend to know why the inquired about him, maybe they feel as if they can pick him up for a low pick he would be worth it, maybe its to raise his value that other teams may have to pay, maybe its to put out the notion that CB is a bigger need for us than it actually is.
cdUbs14

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would rather beef up our D-line first, no point to having a stud corner if you cant rush the passer. I would be ok with this for maybe next year's first or 2nd. Would prefer getting Nnamdi back before Revis.

Sig by me PM for one
oakdb36

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/The-Revis-roller-coaster-continues.html

Quote:
DeAngelo Hall was acquired by the Oakland Raiders from the Atlanta Falcons in 2008 for a 2008 second-round pick and a 2009 fifth-round pick. This trade could be an indication of the type of compensation the Jets will get for an injured Revis, except there could be conditions to increase the trade compensation depending on how much or how well he plays next season.

The article explains the situation really well. Sure, the Jets would like to get a 1st but teams know their cap situation is terrible and Revis is also coming back from injury. They have no leverage.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/The-Revis-roller-coaster-continues.html

Quote:
DeAngelo Hall was acquired by the Oakland Raiders from the Atlanta Falcons in 2008 for a 2008 second-round pick and a 2009 fifth-round pick. This trade could be an indication of the type of compensation the Jets will get for an injured Revis, except there could be conditions to increase the trade compensation depending on how much or how well he plays next season.

The article explains the situation really well. Sure, the Jets would like to get a 1st but teams know their cap situation is terrible and Revis is also coming back from injury. They have no leverage.

Thanks for reminding me we had that guy who was junk before we signed him and we gave up that much for him Smile haha

EDIT: I know that wasn't the point of your post but I still felt like making the comment. He bothered me a lot.

PM sig requests.

Last edited by JTagg7754 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
bitty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me put this to rest right here right now. Revis is not and never will be as go as Woodson. Woodson was the total package at CB. He was a shutdown corner, ball hawk, great at blitzing and in run support.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
Let me put this to rest right here right now. Revis is not and never will be as go as Woodson. Woodson was the total package at CB. He was a shutdown corner, ball hawk, great at blitzing and in run support.

Even if he was the Raiders would have to totally reverse their course to absorb not only his current contract but Revis' future compensation. It would be stupid to even call.

"Yeah, Hussien Imports? I'm still broke but I wanted to know if that Maserati was still insanely expensive? . . It is? OK, I'm just doing my due diligence because I totaled my Kia and left it on the freeway."

Bonez wrote:
oakdb36

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
bitty wrote:

Even if he was the Raiders would have to totally reverse their course to absorb not only his current contract but Revis' future compensation. It would be stupid to even call.

"Yeah, Hussien Imports? I'm still broke but I wanted to know if that Maserati was still insanely expensive? . . It is? OK, I'm just doing my due diligence because I totaled my Kia and left it on the freeway."

6M is just a bit more than what Brisiel is scheduled to make next year. After 2013, the Raiders salary cap situation is getting much more manageable. From that perspective, it's something the Raiders could do. And keep in mind the Packers spent a lot on their CBs. Charles Woodson and Tramon Williams have the 2 most expensive contracts after Rodgers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: