Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Projected Compensatory Picks
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Conquest8089


Joined: 15 Jul 2008
Posts: 2680
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Projected Compensatory Picks Reply with quote

3. Kansas City (CB Brandon Carr)
3. Tennessee (CB Cortland Finnegan)
3. Houston (DE Mario Williams)

4. New Orleans (OG Carl Nicks)
4. Indianapolis (WR Pierre Garcon)
4. Atlanta (LB Curtis Lofton)
4. Baltimore (OG Ben Grubbs)

5. Oakland (RB Michael Bush)
5. Detroit (CB Eric Wright)
5. Seattle (LB David Hawthorne)

6. Oakland (C Samson Satele)
6. Cleveland (RB Peyton Hillis)
6. Tennessee (WR Donnie Avery)
6. New York Giants (CB Aaron Ross)
6. Cincinnati (DE Frostee Rucker)
6. Cincinnati (OG Nate Livings)
6. Green Bay (C Scott Wells)
6. Green Bay (QB Matt Flynn)
6. San Francisco (OG Adam Snyder)

7. Kansas City (FB Le'Ron McClain)
7. Oakland (QB Jason Campbell)
7. Detroit (QB Dan Orlovsky)
7. Carolina (LB Dan Connor)
7. Miami (QB Chad Henne)
7. New York Giants (WR Mario Manningham)
7. Indianapolis (TE Jacob Tamme)
7. Indianapolis (C Jeff Saturday)
7. New England (RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis)
7. Atlanta (WR Eric Weems)
7. San Francisco: (WR Josh Morgan)

31. Kansas City (2-14)
32. Jacksonville (2-14)
_________________
I'm The guy who got shunned on FFs for arguing J.J. Watt should be selected 1st Overall in the 2011 Draft. I also thought Gabe Carimi would be a Perennial Pro Bowler. Live & Learn
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
oakdb36


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 14111
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Orleans has signed more qualifying FAs than they've lost, they're getting nothing.
The Raiders aren't getting 3 comp picks. 2 max.

I don't know about the others.
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Louis Friend


Joined: 07 Apr 2010
Posts: 8045
Location: Detroit, MI
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Detroit gets a 7th for Dan Orlovsky? Laughing Is that supposed to be Drew Stanton?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
alfalcone


Joined: 25 Apr 2009
Posts: 1337
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.detroitlionsdraft.com/2013/01/predicting-the-compensatory-pick/

Also you do realize a free agent signing cancels out a free agent lose, New Orleans signed Grubbs to replace Nicks for example.


Last edited by alfalcone on Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
EliteTexan80


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 38123
Location: Three time Mr. fanTASTic!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texans should be getting 6th round picks for Jason Allen, Mike Breisel and Joel Dreessen.
_________________

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Rosstafarian


Joined: 04 Aug 2011
Posts: 662
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
Texans should be getting 6th round picks for Jason Allen, Mike Breisel and Joel Dreessen.


Are comp picks determined by playing time and amount of snaps played on the new team or how much success the new team had and how much they started? Brisiel was a starter for Oakland and I think Dreesen was TE1 for Denver (Could be mistaken on both).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justo


Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 12946
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green Bay is getting a 4th for Matt Flynn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
RyanFuller003


Moderator
Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 20120
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would imagine Detroit will get a comp pick for Eric Wright considering he signed a pretty large contract with Tampa.
_________________

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for three years running!)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Louis Friend


Joined: 07 Apr 2010
Posts: 8045
Location: Detroit, MI
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rosstafarian wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
Texans should be getting 6th round picks for Jason Allen, Mike Breisel and Joel Dreessen.


Are comp picks determined by playing time and amount of snaps played on the new team or how much success the new team had and how much they started? Brisiel was a starter for Oakland and I think Dreesen was TE1 for Denver (Could be mistaken on both).


It's determined by size of contract, and how much they played.

What's going to hurt Green Bay is that Flynn was beaten out in camp by Wilson and didn't play. Even though he got a huge contract, they might not get a higher pick.

Even though Eric Wright sucks and had legal issues, he got signed to a big contract and started throughout the season. So Detroit should actually get a higher pick for him.

I'm not sure how the Stanton situation will play out. He got signed somewhere else, but never played. Detroit might get a 7th, if anything at all for him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EliteTexan80


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 38123
Location: Three time Mr. fanTASTic!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
Rosstafarian wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
Texans should be getting 6th round picks for Jason Allen, Mike Breisel and Joel Dreessen.


Are comp picks determined by playing time and amount of snaps played on the new team or how much success the new team had and how much they started? Brisiel was a starter for Oakland and I think Dreesen was TE1 for Denver (Could be mistaken on both).


It's determined by size of contract, and how much they played.


Heck, Breisel might snag us a 4th; He signed a large contract, played every snap for the Raiders.
_________________

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
stallyns


Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 02 Dec 2004
Posts: 23576
Location: 414
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
Detroit gets a 7th for Dan Orlovsky? Laughing Is that supposed to be Drew Stanton?
I laughed at that. Laughing I think that it should be Stanton.


I don't think the Colts will get two Sevenths. I think some of our signings cancel out most of our loses but I do think we'll still get one of the two Sevenths. None of our signings cancel out the loss of Garcon so I think that one will stand.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sp6488


Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 8455
Location: MD
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alfalcone wrote:
http://www.detroitlionsdraft.com/2013/01/predicting-the-compensatory-pick/

Also you do realize a free agent signing cancels out a free agent lose, New Orleans signed Grubbs to replace Nicks for example.


I like this links projections, mainly because it's got the Ravens getting 4 picks Cool

In all seriousness, though, his explanations are pretty good.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
stallyns


Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 02 Dec 2004
Posts: 23576
Location: 414
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: Projected Compensatory Picks Reply with quote

Conquest8089 wrote:
31. Kansas City (2-14)
32. Jacksonville (2-14)


Just wanted to clarify something here, when two or more teams have the same record they cycle picks depending on the round. In the 2012 draft the Colts and Rams had the same record. Colts had the first pick in odd rounds and the Rams had the first pick in even rounds and the comp picks at the end of the draft. By that same token, the Jaguars would have the earlier pick then the Chiefs in this scenario.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 14111
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
Rosstafarian wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
Texans should be getting 6th round picks for Jason Allen, Mike Breisel and Joel Dreessen.


Are comp picks determined by playing time and amount of snaps played on the new team or how much success the new team had and how much they started? Brisiel was a starter for Oakland and I think Dreesen was TE1 for Denver (Could be mistaken on both).


It's determined by size of contract, and how much they played.


Heck, Breisel might snag us a 4th; He signed a large contract, played every snap for the Raiders.


Imo, Briesel is a 6th. And i think playing time is just a small factor in the formula.
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stallyns


Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 02 Dec 2004
Posts: 23576
Location: 414
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
Rosstafarian wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
Texans should be getting 6th round picks for Jason Allen, Mike Breisel and Joel Dreessen.


Are comp picks determined by playing time and amount of snaps played on the new team or how much success the new team had and how much they started? Brisiel was a starter for Oakland and I think Dreesen was TE1 for Denver (Could be mistaken on both).


It's determined by size of contract, and how much they played.


Heck, Breisel might snag us a 4th; He signed a large contract, played every snap for the Raiders.


Imo, Briesel is a 6th. And i think playing time is just a small factor in the formula.
between contract size, playing time and post season awards no one but the NFL really knows what the formula is and what weight each has but it is fun to speculate
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group