Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who has the best secondary?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who has the best secondary in the NFL?
Seahawks
65%
 65%  [ 60 ]
Jets
7%
 7%  [ 7 ]
Ravens
6%
 6%  [ 6 ]
Cardinals
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Texans
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Chiefs
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Falcons
5%
 5%  [ 5 ]
Packers
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Browns
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Bears
4%
 4%  [ 4 ]
Cowboys
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
49ers
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 92

MARIO MANGELINI

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Who has the best secondary? Reply with quote

Question is pretty straightforward.

You should know who I'm taking unless you haven't read any of my posts. In case anyone fits that criteria, Hawks.

What about you guys?

BTW I found this thread.... Hindsight is 20/20 huh?

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=487427&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

reckless123 wrote:
Possibly

The eagles safeties are terrible but they have good corners. There are few good secondary

Jets - Revis, Kyle Wilson, Cromartie, Jim Leonhard and Laron Landry/Eric Smith - good group

Giants - Corey Webster, Prince, Terrell Thomas, Kenny Phillips. All of them at least pro bowl caliber players. But they do benefit from that front 4. Plus our DC has made them look average or worse at times.

Packers - CWood, Tramon Williams, Nick Collins, Morgan Burnett, Sam Shields.

49ers - Carlos Rogers, Donte Whitner, Dashon Goldson, Terrel Brown - i dunno if theyre good or just are a product of their front 7, but nevertheless theyre still good.

Seattle has a pretty good core, their corners arent really bad.

Sorry to put you on the spot Reckless, you just had a really good post covering all the teams Wink

And I don't think I missed any teams this time, so flame away! Smile
BlaqOptic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont understand how the Steelers aren't an option but the Browns and Cowboys are?
MARIO MANGELINI

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont understand how the Steelers aren't an option but the Browns and Cowboys are?

Steeler fan?

Polamalu's aging and probably about done, Ike Taylor's 32 years old, I don't even know the name of their other CB, and the SS Ryan Clark is 33. Waaaaaay too old.

The Browns and Cowboys in comparison have some young talent. The Browns have a young TJ Ward and Joe Haden, who are great players. The Cowboys have two great young CB's in Morris Claiborne and Brandon Carr, with some OK safeties.

Youth trumps here.

Last edited by MARIO MANGELINI on Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:

Steeler fan?

Polamalu's aging and probably about done, Ike Taylor's 32 years old, I don't even know the name of their other CB, and the SS Ryan Clark is 33. Waaaaaay too old.
what does age have to do w/ anything. I don't care if a player is 50, if he's the best, he's the best. It doesn't matter.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
MARIO MANGELINI

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:

Steeler fan?

what does age have to do w/ anything. I don't care if a player is 50, if he's the best, he's the best. It doesn't matter.

This poll is not for the best secondary in 2012, but the best secondary in football. The Steelers first of all would never win, and they are very old. I don't like that, and they were close when it came to talent. I let youth trump out.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In terms of pure talent, nobody beats out what the Seahawks have in their secondary.

In terms of 2012 performances no team allowed a better QBR Against than the Cardinals at 71.2. This was closely followed by the Bears and the Seahawks both sub 72.

Those three were the three clear standout pass defense units in the NFL in 2012, with the talent Seattle has on their roster there is nobody else that can legitimately claim the title of best NFL secondary.

BTW - The Steelers are a top 5-8 pass defense in the league and he a damn good secondary, you don't lead the league in defensive YPP if you are not.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
ctp2124

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:

Steeler fan?

This poll is not for the best secondary in 2012, but the best secondary in football. The Steelers first of all would never win, and they are very old. I don't like that, and they were close when it came to talent. I let youth trump out.

The post was for the best secondary in football. Naturally everyone interprets this as who is the best as of right now. Thus age has nothing to do with this.

Props to mike23md

Supporter of Mohammed Sanu and Lavonte David to the Rams
MARIO MANGELINI

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctp2124 wrote:
MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:

Steeler fan?

The post was for the best secondary in football. Naturally everyone interprets this as who is the best as of right now. Thus age has nothing to do with this.

Well anyways, I still don't like the Steelers secondary that much Confused

I guess now I'd add them if I could, I have been convinced. Still not sure why you can't edit polls on FF.
green24

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seahawks.
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty obvious the point of this thread by a Seahawk fan but yes it is the Seahawks.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
broncospride95

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure why the Browns, Cowboys, or Chiefs are in discussion for the best secondary in the NFL Confused

The Browns have a good player in Haden and a solid S in TJ Ward, but no one else noteworthy.

The Cowboys have a solid number 2 corner in Carr. Claiborne has potential, but isn't there yet. Safety's nothing special.

The Chiefs have a very good corner in Flowers and an ok number 2 in Arenas. Berry had a good rookie year, but was hindered this year. Lewis regressed and was injury prone.

Seattle is number 1 imo.

A top corner in Sherman. A good compliment number 2 in Browner. Then add in the fact you have two stud safety's in Chancellor and Thomas and it's clearly the Seahawks imo.

Props to Joe_is_the_best on the sig

Blackhawks-Broncos-Bulls-CU-Cubs
CornOnDaCobb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seahawks pretty easily IMO. Love everyone of their starters, Sherman and Thomas were the best at their position this year IMO. As a Packer fan we probably have the deepest corner play in the league but our safeties are a big concern.
CP3MVP

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol at the eagles having good corners

.......Which is all the time when you're the Raiders.
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seahawks.

Top 3 corner, top 3 safety, a #2 who is top 20ish at worst, a solid SS. Yeah, you won't find better.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
ctp2124

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:

Steeler fan?

Well anyways, I still don't like the Steelers secondary that much Confused

I guess now I'd add them if I could, I have been convinced. Still not sure why you can't edit polls on FF.

I agree that they shouldn't be considered for the best, but they should be in the poll based on the other teams.

Props to mike23md

Supporter of Mohammed Sanu and Lavonte David to the Rams

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: