You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who has the best secondary?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who has the best secondary in the NFL?
Seahawks
65%
 65%  [ 60 ]
Jets
7%
 7%  [ 7 ]
Ravens
6%
 6%  [ 6 ]
Cardinals
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Texans
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Chiefs
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Falcons
5%
 5%  [ 5 ]
Packers
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Browns
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Bears
4%
 4%  [ 4 ]
Cowboys
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
49ers
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 92

FalconFan13

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would go seahawks #1 right now probably.

With that said Falcons Secondary is no joke.

As of last year when everyone was doing their top 10 to 15 CB's Pretty much everyone had Grimes and Assante on the lists. Then you add in Robinson who is actually a pretty good CB himself and McClain the young CB who really showed out this year for us.

You won't find much better depth and talent at CB when all healthy than

Grimes, Assante, Robinson, McClain, Owens

Then you have 2 Safety's in Decoud and William Moore that alot of people are starting to list as top 5 to 10 safety's as well this year on the lists that were done lately. Chris Hope has also been a nice surprise as depth for us this year.

We might not beat the seahawks but we can't be far behind them in sure talent and overall depth at each position when healthy.
tom cody

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Seahawks.

Courtesy of an online joke search.
Brown_Mamba

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
Tillman>>>Sherman
T Jennings>>>Browner

Did you watch peanut play even a game this season? There wasn't a single corner that outplayed him. Put keep on with the gifs tough guy.

Except the guy everyone loves to hate, Sherman. Tillman can pop the ball out better than anyone in the league, but if I had to put one shutdown corner on Calvin Johnson or Fitz, I'd go with Sherman and it's not even close.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown_Mamba wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
Tillman>>>Sherman
T Jennings>>>Browner

Did you watch peanut play even a game this season? There wasn't a single corner that outplayed him. Put keep on with the gifs tough guy.

Except the guy everyone loves to hate, Sherman. Tillman can pop the ball out better than anyone in the league, but if I had to put one shutdown corner on Calvin Johnson or Fitz, I'd go with Sherman and it's not even close.

Just because I want to be a -, didn't Sherman shy away from Calvin all game and get burned twice for two deep TDs by Titus Young of all people?

Quote:
I like PFF.

Go straight to hell.
TheROARisBACK

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaqOptic wrote:
Brown_Mamba wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
Tillman>>>Sherman
T Jennings>>>Browner

Just because I want to be a -, didn't Sherman shy away from Calvin all game and get burned twice for two deep TDs by Titus Young of all people?

I wouldn't say shy away, but he definitely wasn't the only one covering him and when he did, he had help. Calvin got behind him and dropped an easy TD in the final seconds... As far as Titus, he burned him for a 50 yard TD. He made great catches all game long but many were on Browner IIRC.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown_Mamba wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
Tillman>>>Sherman
T Jennings>>>Browner

You know who was the only CB who shut down Calvin Johnson this year don't ya? And not just once, but twice. As a matter of fact you might want to look up the history of what CJ has done against the real "Optimus Prime" (Lance Briggs gave that nickname away long before anybody else thought of it). This isn't knew. So if you want a guy who's going to shut down Megatron, I suggest you call on Peanut.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Jonezy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chicago or Seattle. Have no fear though folks, once we get our Safety situation fixed we got this.

On a serious note (I was being serious also), Bears corners shut the Rams down pretty good this season I thought when we played. Seattle did alright against us, but seemed to play everyone else really strong

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
TheROARisBACK

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Brown_Mamba wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
Tillman>>>Sherman
T Jennings>>>Browner

You know who was the only CB who shut down Calvin Johnson this year don't ya? And not just once, but twice. As a matter of fact you might want to look up the history of what CJ has done against the real "Optimus Prime" (Lance Briggs gave that nickname away long before anybody else thought of it). This isn't knew. So if you want a guy who's going to shut down Megatron, I suggest you call on Peanut.

.. There is no "history" , just that one game and in the second match up CJ definitely caught some big passes on Tillman.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheROARisBACK wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Brown_Mamba wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
Tillman>>>Sherman
T Jennings>>>Browner

.. There is no "history" , just that one game and in the second match up CJ definitely caught some big passes on Tillman.
Ok you might want to go back and look at history then, b/c since CJ torched Zack Bowman for over 100 yards in the first half of the game in Chicago in 2009(He had 14 yards in the 2nd half w/ Peanut locking him down), Peanut has shut down CJ. CJ has had some good games, but the plays he has made has been on defenders not named Charles Tillman. But please try and dispute me, just make sure you actually look it up first, b/c I already have.

Brown_Mamba

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
TheROARisBACK wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Brown_Mamba wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
Tillman>>>Sherman
T Jennings>>>Browner

Ok you might want to go back and look at history then, b/c since CJ torched Zack Bowman for over 100 yards in the first half of the game in Chicago in 2009(He had 14 yards in the 2nd half w/ Peanut locking him down), Peanut has shut down CJ. CJ has had some good games, but the plays he has made has been on defenders not named Charles Tillman. But please try and dispute me, just make sure you actually look it up first, b/c I already have.

He had 3 catches for 46 yards against Sherman. This convo is going no where. Seahawks fan in favor of Sherm vs. Bears fan in favor of Tillman is a brick wall.

We need an outside opinion. Sherman or Tillman?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude just made the thread because he knows Seattle has the best secondary. All he's done since he joined is make threads boosting Hawks players Laughing

FF Big Brother III Winner Cool
[sig by El ramster]
blueswedeshoes wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
I don't hunt
So I gathered.
MARIO MANGELINI

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
Dude just made the thread because he knows Seattle has the best secondary. All he's done since he joined is make threads boosting Hawks players Laughing

Thanks.....

My plan was actually to make threads saying "who has the best D-line" and then "who has the best secondary" and lastly I was gonna post "who has the best LB core". This one just got moved to the NFL comparisons forum while "who has the best d-line" stayed in the General forum.
TheROARisBACK

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
TheROARisBACK wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Brown_Mamba wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
Tillman>>>Sherman
T Jennings>>>Browner

You just went back all the way to a match-up in 2009...And just this past match-up...Go look. All of CJ's big catches (and mostly all of his catches) were with Tillman in coverage. I'll save you some time and tell you don't dispute it, because I've already seen everything. Wink
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheROARisBACK wrote:

You just went back all the way to a match-up in 2009...And just this past match-up...Go look. All of CJ's big catches (and mostly all of his catches) were with Tillman in coverage. I'll save you some time and tell you don't dispute it, because I've already seen everything. Wink
Let's start here, CJ avg 122.8 ypg, needed 108 to get 2000, he was held to 72. CJ was targeted 13 times, caught 5 balls. Against Charles Tillman he caught 3 passes for 43 yards.

Nice try tho. Please by all means, choose another game.

Jonezy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Detroit is well

^Delphi83^ (Sig)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: