Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Why wouldn't you want to see this?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
duanegarrison09


Joined: 11 Nov 2010
Posts: 651
Location: Macomb County, Michigan
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be interesting losing every game 44 - 50..... Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
duanegarrison09


Joined: 11 Nov 2010
Posts: 651
Location: Macomb County, Michigan
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lions in 2012 rankings were;

Offense was 17th at 23.2 points per game. Baltimore is ranked number ten at 24.9 points per game. San Francisco is ranked 11 at 24.8 points per game. In order for the Lions to match the offensive numbers of the Superbowl teams would require an addition two points.

Defense was 27th at 27.3 points per game. Baltimore is ranked 12 at 21.5 points per game. San Francisco is ranked number two at 17.1 points per game. In order for the Lions to match the defensive numbers of the Superbowl teams would require an additional touchdown to a touchdown and a half.

If these idiots draft mostly offense Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Question Embarassed Mad Shocked Confused Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
duanegarrison09


Joined: 11 Nov 2010
Posts: 651
Location: Macomb County, Michigan
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draft suggestion;

1. DE - Bjoern/Moore or trade down for Ansah.

2. CB or FS - CB - Desmond Trufont or FS - Vaccaro/Phillip Thomas.

3. RG - Larry Warford or RT - Dallas Thomas or CB/KR - Robert Alford

4. Comp - WLB - Zaviar Gooden/Sio Moore or WR - Chris Harper.

5. RB - Jonathan Franklin or Kenjon Barner or CB - Dwayne Gratz.

6. Punter

7. Who cares..........
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sllim Pickens


Moderator
Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Posts: 19052
Location: Middle of the Mitten
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

duanegarrison09 wrote:
Lions in 2012 rankings were;

Offense was 17th at 23.2 points per game. Baltimore is ranked number ten at 24.9 points per game. San Francisco is ranked 11 at 24.8 points per game. In order for the Lions to match the offensive numbers of the Superbowl teams would require an addition two points.

Defense was 27th at 27.3 points per game. Baltimore is ranked 12 at 21.5 points per game. San Francisco is ranked number two at 17.1 points per game. In order for the Lions to match the defensive numbers of the Superbowl teams would require an additional touchdown to a touchdown and a half.

If these idiots draft mostly offense Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Question Embarassed Mad Shocked Confused Sad


Well neither of the Super Bowl teams are built on offense, but others have. Also, both have great offensive lines and can run the ball, which eats up clock, which gets first downs and keeps the defense off the field. We have a lot invested into our offense and we could more easily move that offense ranking into the top 5. The defense will improve as well if they don't have to be on the field as much. We lost three or four games on final drives because we couldn't run for a first down and the other team scored a TD. That wouldn't happen with a better interior line.
_________________


Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Whiffleballtony


Joined: 18 Oct 2008
Posts: 994
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be more ideal if we could upgrade from Cherilus into Andre Smith.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sllim Pickens


Moderator
Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Posts: 19052
Location: Middle of the Mitten
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whiffleballtony wrote:
I think it would be more ideal if we could upgrade from Cherilus into Andre Smith.


I don't think that's much of an upgrade. Maybe in the run game but is a downgrade in pass protection.
_________________


Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
duanegarrison09


Joined: 11 Nov 2010
Posts: 651
Location: Macomb County, Michigan
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
duanegarrison09 wrote:
Lions in 2012 rankings were;

Offense was 17th at 23.2 points per game. Baltimore is ranked number ten at 24.9 points per game. San Francisco is ranked 11 at 24.8 points per game. In order for the Lions to match the offensive numbers of the Superbowl teams would require an addition two points.

Defense was 27th at 27.3 points per game. Baltimore is ranked 12 at 21.5 points per game. San Francisco is ranked number two at 17.1 points per game. In order for the Lions to match the defensive numbers of the Superbowl teams would require an additional touchdown to a touchdown and a half.

If these idiots draft mostly offense Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Question Embarassed Mad Shocked Confused Sad


Well neither of the Super Bowl teams are built on offense, but others have. Also, both have great offensive lines and can run the ball, which eats up clock, which gets first downs and keeps the defense off the field. We have a lot invested into our offense and we could more easily move that offense ranking into the top 5. The defense will improve as well if they don't have to be on the field as much. We lost three or four games on final drives because we couldn't run for a first down and the other team scored a TD. That wouldn't happen with a better interior line.


Slim, I guarantee that if we draft Warmack and Jones in the first two rounds, our defensive will fall further down.

Would you trade San Francisco's entire team for ours?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sllim Pickens


Moderator
Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Posts: 19052
Location: Middle of the Mitten
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duanegarrison09 wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
duanegarrison09 wrote:
Lions in 2012 rankings were;

Offense was 17th at 23.2 points per game. Baltimore is ranked number ten at 24.9 points per game. San Francisco is ranked 11 at 24.8 points per game. In order for the Lions to match the offensive numbers of the Superbowl teams would require an addition two points.

Defense was 27th at 27.3 points per game. Baltimore is ranked 12 at 21.5 points per game. San Francisco is ranked number two at 17.1 points per game. In order for the Lions to match the defensive numbers of the Superbowl teams would require an additional touchdown to a touchdown and a half.

If these idiots draft mostly offense Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Question Embarassed Mad Shocked Confused Sad


Well neither of the Super Bowl teams are built on offense, but others have. Also, both have great offensive lines and can run the ball, which eats up clock, which gets first downs and keeps the defense off the field. We have a lot invested into our offense and we could more easily move that offense ranking into the top 5. The defense will improve as well if they don't have to be on the field as much. We lost three or four games on final drives because we couldn't run for a first down and the other team scored a TD. That wouldn't happen with a better interior line.


Slim, I guarantee that if we draft Warmack and Jones in the first two rounds, our defensive will fall further down.

Would you trade San Francisco's entire team for ours?


Yeah, but we can't do that. I would also trade for New England or Atlanta who were offensive centered teams. If we improve our run game and ability to control the clock, have less three and outs, improve the field position..... Our defensive statistics would improve as would our record.
_________________


Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
TL-TwoWinsAway


Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Posts: 25771
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahoda wrote:
Anyone think they could let Gosder leave via FA and resign Fox to play RT and keep the draft the same?

... when has Fox shown, at any point, that he could be anything close to what Gosder is right now?
_________________


Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nnivolcm


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 7840
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
ahoda wrote:
Anyone think they could let Gosder leave via FA and resign Fox to play RT and keep the draft the same?

... when has Fox shown, at any point, that he could be anything close to what Gosder is right now?


When has he had the opportunity to show that? However backups become starters all the time in the NFL with limited exposure.
_________________
George Carlin wrote:
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.


Team Stylish

Thanks to IDOG for the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LionsFan630


Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 11255
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or possibly Goz leaves and Rieff takes over RT with the Lions drafting Joeckel or Fisher to man LT?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
YlionsY


Joined: 28 Apr 2008
Posts: 14656
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahoda wrote:
Anyone think they could let Gosder leave via FA and resign Fox to play RT and keep the draft the same?


I wouldn't be opposed to this...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
YlionsY


Joined: 28 Apr 2008
Posts: 14656
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFan630 wrote:
Or possibly Goz leaves and Rieff takes over RT with the Lions drafting Joeckel or Fisher to man LT?


I'd rather stick with Reiff at LT and work on getting a quality G and C
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TL-TwoWinsAway


Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Posts: 25771
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
ahoda wrote:
Anyone think they could let Gosder leave via FA and resign Fox to play RT and keep the draft the same?

... when has Fox shown, at any point, that he could be anything close to what Gosder is right now?


When has he had the opportunity to show that? However backups become starters all the time in the NFL with limited exposure.

When has he had the opportunity? Well, he was drafted in 2010. He couldn't stay healthy, and wasn't a threat to take snaps during the rare stretches that he was healthy.

Gosder, on the other hand, has emerged as a pretty good player at the position.

I have no idea why many think that Fox can step in and be a pretty good player... it's just not that easy, nor is it likely. Doing this would be a significant mistake.
_________________


Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sllim Pickens


Moderator
Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Posts: 19052
Location: Middle of the Mitten
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
ahoda wrote:
Anyone think they could let Gosder leave via FA and resign Fox to play RT and keep the draft the same?

... when has Fox shown, at any point, that he could be anything close to what Gosder is right now?


When has he had the opportunity to show that? However backups become starters all the time in the NFL with limited exposure.

When has he had the opportunity? Well, he was drafted in 2010. He couldn't stay healthy, and wasn't a threat to take snaps during the rare stretches that he was healthy.

Gosder, on the other hand, has emerged as a pretty good player at the position.

I have no idea why many think that Fox can step in and be a pretty good player... it's just not that easy, nor is it likely. Doing this would be a significant mistake.


I agree. Fox may well have that ability and I would love to know, but if he was better than or even close to as good as Goz, I am assuming he would have gotten some snaps. I liked the draft pick, and would be ok with giving him a shot to win the RT spot, but I would not be comfortable planning on him being our RT.
_________________


Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group