Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Why wouldn't you want to see this?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
ahoda wrote:
Anyone think they could let Gosder leave via FA and resign Fox to play RT and keep the draft the same?

... when has Fox shown, at any point, that he could be anything close to what Gosder is right now?

When has he had the opportunity to show that? However backups become starters all the time in the NFL with limited exposure.

When has he had the opportunity? Well, he was drafted in 2010. He couldn't stay healthy, and wasn't a threat to take snaps during the rare stretches that he was healthy.

Gosder, on the other hand, has emerged as a pretty good player at the position.

I have no idea why many think that Fox can step in and be a pretty good player... it's just not that easy, nor is it likely. Doing this would be a significant mistake.

I agree. Fox may well have that ability and I would love to know, but if he was better than or even close to as good as Goz, I am assuming he would have gotten some snaps. I liked the draft pick, and would be ok with giving him a shot to win the RT spot, but I would not be comfortable planning on him being our RT.

I would absolutely love to bring Fox back, let him compete at a T spot and emerge as a legitimate player. That would be great for this organization.

Team Stylish
ahoda

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
ahoda wrote:
Anyone think they could let Gosder leave via FA and resign Fox to play RT and keep the draft the same?

... when has Fox shown, at any point, that he could be anything close to what Gosder is right now?

It was just an ideal to help save money so we can allocate it somewhere else. I have no idea what Fox can do since I'm not at the practices.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: