Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Most Prestigious College Football Head Coaching position
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bkobow05

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:
1.) Alabama
2.) Notre Dame
3.) Texas
4.) Michigan
5.) Ohio State
6.) Southern California

These are the top 6 HC jobs, order can vary/be debated, but those are the top 6.
No doubt. Can't tell you how many times I deleted a team out of a spot, put another team there and then put yet another team in that spot. All six spots can be flipped pretty much whenever.

*Props to PB87 on the RAD sig!*
#JDI
#EmbraceTheH8
BBando

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any list without Florida is a fail.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.) Alabama
2.) Michigan
3.) Notre Dame
4.) Ohio State
5.) USC
6.) Oklahoma
7.) Texas
8.) Florida
9.) LSU
10.) Florida State
11.) Georgia

I feel pretty good about 1-4. After that it's all about preference imo.

Bruins // Patriots // Red Sox // Chelsea
#JDI
cp0k2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSURacerDT55 wrote:
Texasmade wrote:
- Equal education (#54 vs. #56)
- More money (UF - #7 on Forbes list; OSU - #20)
- Equal if not better facilities (never seen OSUs, but Florida's are insane)
- Much better, not to mention deeper, pool of in state talent in which to choose from
- Better conference to sell to kids

So in summary, yes, yes they do.
lol@ your facts, not accurate at all... Laughing

It is widely known that tOSU has the largest recruiting bidget in NCAA

Ohio has some of the most players in the NFL and the HOF one the highest number of players on D1, Plus tOSU recruits nationally so it is not limited to Ohio

They do not have better facilities, UF is not even tops in the SEC they are 6th... Laughing

They do have a better conference... Crying or Very sad but we are a better school... Cool

Which facts are inaccurate?

NFL and HoF players don't factor into this discussion.

How is OSU a better school? Academically they are ranked neck and neck.

All of that aside, I would say head coach at Ohio State is a more prestigious job than the same title at Florida.
BBando

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas, Florida and USC at the top. Don't care where you put them at. No states produce talent like them. They get first pickings most the the time.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBando wrote:
Texas, Florida and USC at the top. Don't care where you put them at. No states produce talent like them. They get first pickings most the the time.

The title of this thread isn't "States that produce the most talent." Confused
playmaker8267

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cp0k2 wrote:
BBando wrote:

The title of this thread isn't "States that produce the most talent." Confused
Talent rich states are associated with the attractiveness of CFB head coaching jobs, so I understand where BBando is coming from. I don't think it's particularly relevant to the prestigiousness of a particular CFB HC job though.

Bruins // Patriots // Red Sox // Chelsea
#JDI
NateDawg

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any list that has Florida in the top 5 shows a very small-minded perspective on history of CFB and prestige. If we're talking last 20 years, they should be on it. There's no way to justify putting them top 5 in terms of college football prestige though. Not over some of these other teams.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSURacerDT55 wrote:

lol@ Florida over OSU... not even close. No disrespect to Florida but dont even come close to the resources OSU has

umm, when your schools best coach ever leaves for "health" reasons and talks about not coaching for awhile but than after a year off and the OSU job opens up and he takes it with out thinking shows that tOSU is a lot more prestigious coaching job than Florida

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The question was most prestigious, not BEST. Those are two different things.

If you are ranking best jobs then a school like Florida should be up there. Because of the ease of recruiting, great competition in SEC and talent pool. But asking for the most prestigious job? That's entirely different.

Most prestigious job is ND. It is the job with the most "name recognition" the job, that holds the most standing. It is a national brand, known throughout and has pull everywhere.

If I had to rank my top five prestigious jobs I would go with
1 - ND
2 - Alabama
3 - Ohio State/Michigan (hand in hand if you ask me)
5 - Texas/Oklahoma (again hand in hand)
7 - USC

No question USC is prestigious but because of the culture at SC and the way football is in those states, it's less of a fanatical following. All seven are elite and near the top though.

And no question those rankings would look different if you asked me what is the BEST job.
justo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tier 1:
1) Texas
2) Ohio State
3) Alabama
4) Notre Dame
5) Michigan
6) USC
7) Penn State

Drop off after that IMO. Not sure if Penn State changes because of the scandal.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say Notre Dame is still number 1 for prestige. The national exposure and recognition is higher there than anywhere else. Even when the team is awful.

Props to Eggy
LionsFan01

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
1King wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:
1.) Alabama
2.) Notre Dame
3.) Texas
4.) Michigan
5.) Ohio State
6.) Southern California

These are the top 6 HC jobs, order can vary/be debated, but those are the top 6.
No doubt. Can't tell you how many times I deleted a team out of a spot, put another team there and then put yet another team in that spot. All six spots can be flipped pretty much whenever.

The order doesn't really matter. Those 6 are in a tier above everyone else. This topic goes pretty much hand-in-hand with the "most prestigious program" topic that pops up here from time to time. The order at the top is debatable and there's not really one right answer, but the top tier of programs remains the same.

Props to NCPackers_08 on the sig!
buno67

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texasmade wrote:

- More money (UF - #7 on Forbes list; OSU - #20).

when you are talking about money b/w the schools...are you talking about money as an entire school or as an athletic department?? just curios. I know tOSU endowment is around $2.12billion dollars, when UofF is $1.29billion. Also that shows just for season. How much higher would of tOSU been in the Forbes list if they were able to play in a conference title game and a BCS bowl or maybe the title game. OSU lost a lot of money with the BS bowl band.

Texasmade wrote:

- Equal if not better facilities (never seen OSUs, but Florida's are insane).

I want to say OSU football facility is pretty damn nice. I know a couple years ago that had a $21.5million expansion to it. its around 78,000 square feet. I know UoF just built their new football facility in 2008, It was hard to fine how big it is but I think I read the total size of the building is 90,000 square feet. Ive never seen both so I might give UoF the slight advantage because its bigger and newer but I dont know if I will say its better. OSU football runs OSU and if OSU football wants something it gets something, specially with Meyer as a coach. If he sees it not be a positive for recruiting than its a negative.

Texasmade wrote:

- Much better, not to mention deeper, pool of in state talent in which to choose from.

I wouldnt say much better but I will say better. With the amount of players each state has they both have good ratios of DI signess to football players in their state. For ranking by ratio UofF is #1 but tOSU is #10. (list was made in 2011 so it can be a good measuring tool)

I was really surprised by the number of players the state of Ohio really has. Ohio has a total of 55,000 football players. the only state with more is California (104K) and Texas (161K). Florida only has 38K players in their state. When it comes to DI football players. #1 Texas @ 345 #2 Florida @344 #3 Georgia @170 #4 Ohio State @ 144 and every other state is under 100. Florida does have the talent but Florida also has a lot more competition to recruiting those Florida kids. Ohio State pretty much only has one true competitor to recruit in their state or hell the entire Mid West and thats Michigan. With Florida and the south, Florida has to compete with Miami, and FSU

Texasmade wrote:

- Better conference to sell to kids.

no debate in that. Urban Meyer is the one who started their title streak and hopefully he is the one who breaks it. Since 2000, only 3 teams have appeared in the title game three or more times: (3)Ohio State, (4)Oklahoma, and (3)Alabama
----------------------

Other selling points is history
Ohio State has a better career winning %
Ohio State has about twice as many All-Americans
Ohio State has twice as many Heisman winners

I say Ohio State and Florida are pretty close but that Ohio State edges them out. IMO what wins OSU over is they are pretty damn close as current teams but Florida can not hold OSUs football history. Also Ohio State produces more NFL talent. UofF has 31 current NFL player where tOSU has 39. Hell there are 4 ohio state players on San Fran Roster, Zero on the Ravens. Where There is 1 Florida player on Ravens Roster and their is 1 Florida player on the San Fran roster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^

Not to be a huge Richard

But, biggest selling point against anything you said. Ohio Stat isn't in the SEC.

#JDI
At the front of the Jeff Matthew and Brett Smith bandwagon.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 2 of 14

Jump to: