Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Most Prestigious College Football Head Coaching position
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ICE13 wrote:
gl81 wrote:

Well if past success is what you value most then I don't know what we're discussing. Wisconsin could win the Big Ten for the next 20 years and they'd only tie Ohio State, and still be eight behind Michigan.

BTW, you're contradicting some of the things you said in regards to basketball about a month or two ago, i.e., that MSU was being passed up despite winning 3 of the last 4 big ten titles and being far and away the most successful Big Ten program of the last 15 years. Neither here nor there though.

Who said anything about MSU, letting alone them being a top program? I've only ever contended that they're a solid program capable of consistently competing at or near the top of the conference.

Dude, even though the statistics completely disprove that the Big 2 Little 8 is still around, detfan will ignore it.

It's completely pointless, a wall will give you a better response in this instance.

The statistics prove it never left.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this thread is unnecessarily hostile because both sides seem to have valid points without it delving into the insults. I mean the perception of the B1G has largely been Big 2, little 8 (10) and those have been the most successful teams in the past decade or so. They have arguably the best coaches in the conference and right now they are the two teams that are recruiting the best. But it's very hard to claim that the B1G is a two team league when Wisky has won the past three Big Ten titles (with an asterisk admittedly).
gl81

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
ICE13 wrote:
gl81 wrote:

Well if past success is what you value most then I don't know what we're discussing. Wisconsin could win the Big Ten for the next 20 years and they'd only tie Ohio State, and still be eight behind Michigan.

BTW, you're contradicting some of the things you said in regards to basketball about a month or two ago, i.e., that MSU was being passed up despite winning 3 of the last 4 big ten titles and being far and away the most successful Big Ten program of the last 15 years. Neither here nor there though.

Who said anything about MSU, letting alone them being a top program? I've only ever contended that they're a solid program capable of consistently competing at or near the top of the conference.

Dude, even though the statistics completely disprove that the Big 2 Little 8 is still around, detfan will ignore it.

It's completely pointless, a wall will give you a better response in this instance.

The statistics prove it never left.

But, when Michigan hasn't won a title since...never mind. No point.

^daboyle250
Supersuavesky

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawgsfan wrote:
Super,

for the record Athens >>>>> Atlanta

and i more meant that there are reasons the population of this country does not live in Nebraska..its a flat cold wasteland

the east coast is overpopulated for a reasonnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

and as to your slamming CMR .. pretty sure Richt has as good a won/loss record as anyone over the past 12 years.

118-40 and 8-4 in bowl games with 3 top 5 finishes..how is this a detriment?

facilities, fanbase, recruiting ground, weather, college life

UGA >>> nebraska
This is so full of fail. Laughing

No one says Georgia has better fans than us. No one Laughing

Facilities? Another lol. Just because your SEC you think your better. Your not. It's fine though, it's the same assumption most recruits have until they actually get there and in the end always saying how amazes they are that things are so state of the art.

Every college town has it's own little spotlight but no one goes to Georgia and thinks Athens over Atlanta Laughing

RIP Robin Williams
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
gl81 wrote:
They're recruiting well but the players have to actually do something on the field before you claim that they're separating themselves.

Recruiting rankings mean just as much if not more than the actual games themselves. Who knew?

Their play on field last two years under Hoke in addition to recruiting.

I did not say it was soley based on recruiting.

Now that Rich Rod crappy defensive guys out and Borges is getting better offense talent to fit his scheme.

Play+recruiting shows they are. Meyer and Hoke clearly putting OSU and UM back at the top

I will be the first to say that Hoke has gotten way more credit than he deserves, and honestly he shouldnt be mentioned in the same sentence as Meyer. What as UM done since he has been there except talk about "being back".Hoke is more Llllloyd Carr than he is Les Miles or any other elite coach.

Plus UM whiffed twice while trying to get their man and now trying to pump Hoke up as an elite coach? Come on man.

Hoke can only buy himself so much time with the whole it takes time deal, you dont get paid for being close . I know this is going to invoke a lot of debate but what has UM really done (insert "recruiting") to be considered back? Really, think about it

PSN: bench515lbs
detfan782004

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSURacerDT55 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
gl81 wrote:
They're recruiting well but the players have to actually do something on the field before you claim that they're separating themselves.

Recruiting rankings mean just as much if not more than the actual games themselves. Who knew?

Their play on field last two years under Hoke in addition to recruiting.

I did not say it was soley based on recruiting.

Now that Rich Rod crappy defensive guys out and Borges is getting better offense talent to fit his scheme.

Play+recruiting shows they are. Meyer and Hoke clearly putting OSU and UM back at the top

I will be the first to say that Hoke has gotten way more credit than he deserves, and honestly he shouldnt be mentioned in the same sentence as Meyer. What as UM done since he has been there except talk about "being back".Hoke is more Llllloyd Carr than he is Les Miles or any other elite coach.

Plus UM whiffed twice while trying to get their man and now trying to pump Hoke up as an elite coach? Come on man.

Hoke can only buy himself so much time with the whole it takes time deal, you dont get paid for being close . I know this is going to invoke a lot of debate but what has UM really done (insert "recruiting") to be considered back? Really, think about it

He is 19-7 with mostly Rich Rod kids who don't fit his schemes. Plus BCS bowl. This year he played a tough schedule.

He has done a lot to get them back.

Now getting guys who fit his scheme only going to make him better

Considering they never offered other coach a deal its hard to call it a whiff

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's conflicting reports as to whether or not Michigan actually offered Harbaugh.

^daboyle250
detfan782004

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gl81 wrote:
There's conflicting reports as to whether or not Michigan actually offered Harbaugh.

Harbaugh himself said they did not so I think that is good enough

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's OSU and Mich

Wisc is always a tough team but not a perennial championship contender.

MSU always looks good early and rarely stands tall at the end of the season.

PSU remains to be seen with all they have gone through.

Iowa is the biggest disappointment year after year.

Nebraska is tough but it's early for them. I doubt they make the constant noise that OSU and Mich does.

It really is the big 2.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supersuavesky wrote:
dawgsfan wrote:
Super,

and i more meant that there are reasons the population of this country does not live in Nebraska..its a flat cold wasteland

and as to your slamming CMR .. pretty sure Richt has as good a won/loss record as anyone over the past 12 years.

UGA >>> nebraska

Facilities? Another lol. Just because your SEC you think your better. Your not. It's fine though, it's the same assumption most recruits have until they actually get there and in the end always saying how amazes they are that things are so state of the art.

Every college town has it's own little spotlight but no one goes to Georgia and thinks Athens over Atlanta Laughing

I'm just curious here, have you ever actually been to Nebraska? Either Lincoln or the surronding area?
jagman777

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

go gata
gl81

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
It's OSU and Mich

Wisc is always a tough team but not a perennial championship contender.

MSU always looks good early and rarely stands tall at the end of the season.

PSU remains to be seen with all they have gone through.

Iowa is the biggest disappointment year after year.

Nebraska is tough but it's early for them. I doubt they make the constant noise that OSU and Mich does.

It really is the big 2.

What is this based on? The 2006 Big Ten standings? Your description of MSU also fits our teams from the middle of the decade, not the current program.

I understand that college football didn't start in 2008, but at this moment there's no big 2. Hasn't been for almost 10 years, although Ohio State had a monopoly of the conference for a while there.

^daboyle250
Bohlmann20

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supersuavesky wrote:
dawgsfan wrote:
Super,

UGA >>> nebraska

I'll be honest, if I was a recruit with an unbaised view towards both schools, I'd pick Georgia. Not just because they've been better as of late, but . . . it's Georgia vs. Nebraska man.

However, yeah, I'd take our fans over any fan base. We are likely the best traveling fanbase. We've had the majority of seats in opposing stadiums. We have fans from Alaska who fly down for every home game during the season. I don't know how they quanitify this, but it's a known statistic (around here) that Nebraska football is literally the second most talked about subject in the state behind the weather. Sorry, not taking any fanbase over ours.

And our yeah, our facilities are elite. I'm not sure where Georgia's rank, but ours are elite. . soooo . . .
BrownieTheElf

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texasmade wrote:
buno67 wrote:
past 20-30years florida has been on a more impressive run? HAHAHAHA now that is funny. I have had zero problems with the argument you are making until that comment.
For arguments sake we'll split the difference and go back 25years....

Since 1987:

Florida
248-81 (75%)
3 NC
8 conference championships
2 Heismans
13 10+ Win seasons
25 Bowl Appearances
13 Bowl wins

Ohio State
241-76-4 (75%)
1 NC
2 Heismans
10 conference championships (only of 3 of which were out right)
14 10+ Win seasons
23 Bowl Appearances
11 Bowl wins

While doing that in a way tougher conference.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14

Jump to: