Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mike Smith Voted NFL Coach of the Year
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
GFalcon


Joined: 19 Jul 2007
Posts: 8654
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Mike Smith Voted NFL Coach of the Year Reply with quote

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2013-01-25/mike-smith-atlanta-falcons-sporting-news-coach-of-the-year
_________________

mack. ^
Justin Upton Stat Tracker: 12 HR 18 RBI .302 BA
Proud Air Traffic Control Student In Training!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Harper41


Joined: 29 Aug 2009
Posts: 21075
Location: Roll Tide Country
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't argue too much with this.
_________________

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BlaqOptic


Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 30915
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the Sporting News CoTY... Not the "real" one.

Also Brian Arians.. lol...
_________________
Ketchup wrote:
I would cut off my legs if Rodgers threw 20 interceptions.

- 7/24/14
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
DontTazeMeBro


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 25164
Location: 321
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad one outlet got it correct and didn't just make it the Suprise Team of the Year award.
_________________


Free Ray Rice
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SnA ExclusiVe


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 20064
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really sure what exactly he did to warrant this over John Harbaugh, Pete Carroll, Bruce Arians (or Chuck Pagano), or Mike Shanahan...but okay Laughing
_________________

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bednarik60


Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 33179
Location: Jortland, Oregon<3
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Harbaugh , Bruce Arians or Pete Carroll should be the coach or coaches of the year.
_________________

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
RuskieTitan


Joined: 29 Apr 2007
Posts: 37721
Location: Front lines of Titania
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Not really sure what exactly he did to warrant this over John Harbaugh, Pete Carroll, Bruce Arians (or Chuck Pagano), or Mike Shanahan...but okay Laughing


Win more games, for starters.
_________________

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Harper41


Joined: 29 Aug 2009
Posts: 21075
Location: Roll Tide Country
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Not really sure what exactly he did to warrant this over John Harbaugh, Pete Carroll, Bruce Arians (or Chuck Pagano), or Mike Shanahan...but okay Laughing

He had a better season...?
_________________

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titanrick


Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 17 Jan 2005
Posts: 11838
Location: Denver, CO
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well deserved.

My favorite part of watching Mike Smith on the sidelines is when the Falcons are squandering a big lead in the 4th quarter and he looks up at the scoreboard with the exact same expression as my 7 year old after he takes a nasty fall and is trying with all his might to be brave and hold back the tears.
_________________


Congrats, Seahawk fans!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SnA ExclusiVe


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 20064
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Not really sure what exactly he did to warrant this over John Harbaugh, Pete Carroll, Bruce Arians (or Chuck Pagano), or Mike Shanahan...but okay Laughing


Win more games, for starters.


That makes him COTY? Really?

Harbaugh fires his OC week 14 is in the Superbowl, also having the 27th ranked defense surrendering injuries throughout the year to his #1 CB, ROLB, MLB, MLB#2, MLB#3 and also Haloti Ngata.

Carroll plays a 3rd round rookie QB over a FA QB who signed a nice contract and goes just as far as the Falcons.

Arians and Pagano take a 2 win team to the playoffs.

Idk, I just don't think Mike Smith did anything this year that wasn't expected of him. Maybe that's just me, though.
_________________

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 24350
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Not really sure what exactly he did to warrant this over John Harbaugh, Pete Carroll, Bruce Arians (or Chuck Pagano), or Mike Shanahan...but okay Laughing


Win more games, for starters.


That makes him COTY? Really?

Harbaugh fires his OC week 14 is in the Superbowl, also having the 27th ranked defense surrendering injuries throughout the year to his #1 CB, ROLB, MLB, MLB#2, MLB#3 and also Haloti Ngata.

Carroll plays a 3rd round rookie QB over a FA QB who signed a nice contract and goes just as far as the Falcons.

Arians and Pagano take a 2 win team to the playoffs.

Idk, I just don't think Mike Smith did anything this year that wasn't expected of him. Maybe that's just me, though.


I mean, COTY isn't based on the post season, plus I don't see why Harbaugh would get COTY anyways.... Smith won the most games, that's pretty deserving....
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SnA ExclusiVe


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 20064
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Not really sure what exactly he did to warrant this over John Harbaugh, Pete Carroll, Bruce Arians (or Chuck Pagano), or Mike Shanahan...but okay Laughing


Win more games, for starters.


That makes him COTY? Really?

Harbaugh fires his OC week 14 is in the Superbowl, also having the 27th ranked defense surrendering injuries throughout the year to his #1 CB, ROLB, MLB, MLB#2, MLB#3 and also Haloti Ngata.

Carroll plays a 3rd round rookie QB over a FA QB who signed a nice contract and goes just as far as the Falcons.

Arians and Pagano take a 2 win team to the playoffs.

Idk, I just don't think Mike Smith did anything this year that wasn't expected of him. Maybe that's just me, though.


I mean, COTY isn't based on the post season, plus I don't see why Harbaugh would get COTY anyways.... Smith won the most games, that's pretty deserving....


So if COTY goes to the coach with the most wins, why doesn't John Fox get it? Or BB? I mean I just don't understand, beyond "well he won X amount of games" what exactly Smith did to deserve "Coach of The Year"....

And just for comparison purposes:

http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=league

Broncos had the same amount of wins, won 11 straight games, allowed fewer points, scored more points, were perfect in their (weak) division, and had a better conference record. Plus the whole Peyton Manning situation...so why does Smith deserve it over, if ANYONE, John Fox?
_________________

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DontTazeMeBro


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 25164
Location: 321
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Jim. But you have an All-Universe QB and Alex Smith starts 10 games. Plus he allowed the kicker to cost them games and are in a situation where he could potentially cost them everything.
_________________


Free Ray Rice
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SnA ExclusiVe


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 20064
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
I like Jim. But you have an All-Universe QB and Alex Smith starts 10 games. Plus he allowed the kicker to cost them games and are in a situation where he could potentially cost them everything.


The other option was Billy Cundiff...
_________________

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alpha


Joined: 13 Jan 2013
Posts: 151
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
I like Jim. But you have an All-Universe QB and Alex Smith starts 10 games. Plus he allowed the kicker to cost them games and are in a situation where he could potentially cost them everything.


Kaepernick was still learning and alex Smith was winning games. I think Harbaugh was raising Kaep's confidence by giving him 3-4 plays each game in the 1st 10 weeks. I was really surprised how mush faster Kaep's release is because it used to be very bad
_________________

1st and Gore
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group