Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Harvin! Flynn??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hdshot

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Harvin! Flynn?? Reply with quote

I would think the Hawks are going to try and put Flynn on the trading block with a late rounder to get our first round pick back for the pass rush.
Dools=hawks

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this makes no sense, Flynn has always been on the trading block and the 1st is gone no way were getting it back. We drafted Percy Harvin

WINTER IS COMING
MAC DRE

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhhhh what? We are keeping Matt Flynn unless someone offers us a 3rd rounder IMO. With Percy being only 24, he probably would of been a top 10 pick in this years draft. So we got a great deal. Uggghh I can't wait for our first prime time game and his introduction. "Percy Harvin. Florida gators". Yeah baby!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dools=hawks wrote:
this makes no sense, Flynn has always been on the trading block and the 1st is gone no way were getting it back. We drafted Percy Harvin

Hawks have been talking pass rush and nothing but pass rush until today. I don't believe the Hawks are giving up on improving the pass rush. Also their 1st rounder was so low anyways to fix the pass rush, I can see the Hawks now trying to sweet the pot with Flynn for a higher 1st round pick. If the Hawks trade their 1st round pick so can other teams.
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hdshot wrote:
Dools=hawks wrote:

Hawks have been talking pass rush and nothing but pass rush until today. I don't believe the Hawks are giving up on improving the pass rush. Also their 1st rounder was so low anyways to fix the pass rush, I can see the Hawks now trying to sweet the pot with Flynn for a higher 1st round pick. If the Hawks trade their 1st round pick so can other teams.
Nobody will trade a 1st for an unproven QB.

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
bill21792

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
hdshot wrote:
Dools=hawks wrote:

Someones gonna trade their 1st round pick for Geno Smith this year.

I have a hard time understanding this logic, but it's totally true.
Tooki

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
hdshot wrote:
Dools=hawks wrote:

One team traded a high second for a proven underachiever. I'm not expecting a 1st for Matt Flynn but still...
hdshot

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
hdshot wrote:
Dools=hawks wrote:

PC said he will find it hard for his draft class to make the squad next year. That makes it sound like the Hawks have some picks to spare to include with Flynn to get a good 1st round spot. Also there is not much this year for qb's in the draft.
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hdshot wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
hdshot wrote:
Dools=hawks wrote:

PC said he will find it hard for his draft class to make the squad next year. That makes it sound like the Hawks have some picks to spare to include with Flynn to get a good 1st round spot. Also there is not much this year for qb's in the draft.
I get what you're saying now. I would like that too.

I don't see it happening though. It would have to be something like.

Flynn and at least a 2013 3rd for someone's 1st and 6th or 7th

I don't see anyone biting on that though.

Seattle hits better in the later rounds anyway.

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
hdshot

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
hdshot wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
hdshot wrote:
Dools=hawks wrote:

I get what you're saying now. I would like that too.

I don't see it happening though. It would have to be something like.

Flynn and at least a 2013 3rd for someone's 1st and 6th or 7th

I don't see anyone biting on that though.

Seattle hits better in the later rounds anyway.

The Hawks have done real well in the later rounds but not for the pass rush. To draft for a proven pass rusher at the college level teams have to have a high 1st round pick.

Yes it would be a hard sell, but should the Hawks be at least trying? Or what other method the Hawks can use to get pass rushers? I just believe this would be a good year to trade Flynn because he does have value after Wilson proved to be much better which includes many other good qb's in the NFL. Flynn didn't lose the starting job, Wilson just won it. That is not a bad thing for Flynn to get a starting job.
hdshot

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawks are not using Flynn to help the pash rush. But to help with cap room he will have to be traded cheap.
silus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAC DRE wrote:
Uhhhh what? We are keeping Matt Flynn unless someone offers us a 3rd rounder IMO. With Percy being only 24, he probably would of been a top 10 pick in this years draft. So we got a great deal. Uggghh I can't wait for our first prime time game and his introduction. "Percy Harvin. Florida gators". Yeah baby!

Percy Harvin went for a first, third and seventh, and he was given a huge contract. You're not paying a top ten guy that kind of money.... You might call it a good deal, but great? nah.

But yea, Matt Flynn isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Teams might get more desperate as draft day gets closer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: