You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Draft

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UF THE SWAMP 72

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Mock Draft Reply with quote

Signings:

Cullen Jenkins DT
Stanford Routt CB

Draft:

R1- DJ Fluker OT Alabama
R2- David Amerson CB NC State
R3- Gerald Hodges LB Penn State
R4- Terron Armstead OG Ark Pine Bluff
R5- William Gholston DE Michigan State
R6- Nigel Malone CB Kansas State
R7- Roy Roundtree WR Michigan
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be very upset if we took Fluker in the first round. We have James Brewer and don't forget Brandon Mosley drafted last year that can play right tackle. People are really over-exaggerating the Giants OL. They're not perfect, and could use an upgrade or two, but don't forget that this OL that some people think is a huge problem gave up the fewest sacks in the NFL last year. Last year, we went all offense and our defense suffered. We have a defense we need to repair. And I'd rather not have another corner on this team that gets burned as much as Amerson does. Jamar Taylor and Robert Alford would be better options
Gmen4ev

Location: Founder and Chairman of the He-Man Oline Haters Club.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with jersyboy, I'd prefer if we drafted O-Line in the later rounds (3-7), plenty of depth at OT and less at DE/LB which should be our main concern in this coming off season.

Personally I dont like the draft, sorry but the only good pick I like is Hodges, and I'd be amazed if he lasted to us in the 3rd. I see him going in the 3rd as well but before us unfortunately.

Roundtree is a good pick, but in our system with multiple slot receivers I dont see him working with us ...

Can't spell Gen without Glen
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerseyboy257 wrote:
I would be very upset if we took Fluker in the first round. We have James Brewer and don't forget Brandon Mosley drafted last year that can play right tackle. People are really over-exaggerating the Giants OL. They're not perfect, and could use an upgrade or two, but don't forget that this OL that some people think is a huge problem gave up the fewest sacks in the NFL last year. Last year, we went all offense and our defense suffered. We have a defense we need to repair. And I'd rather not have another corner on this team that gets burned as much as Amerson does. Jamar Taylor and Robert Alford would be better options

Agreed about oline. We have players in the waiting. But the most.important thing is eli. Lets make sure he is standing. The fewest sacks is because of him. He makes plays out of nithing and runs out of the pocket even tho thats not his game.

With that said, I dont believe oline is our top pick. Mostly a defensive end could be it
HamilcarBarca

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't buy into this whole "players in the waiting." Our offensive line has been poor the past couple of years. If players were good, they had an ample opportunity to step up during various injuries. It is a need that must be addressed.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: