Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Indianapolis FFMD '13 War Room.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 61, 62, 63  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColtsFan40 wrote:
My take on Avery. Love his speed but hate his hands. I think he was a perfect fit in BA system but I don't really think he is a good fit for the West Coast. Logic would say we need a big bodied WR but I think we have that in Fleener. I think we need someone who is sure handed and good after the catch. My first thought was to o after someone like Cribbs but I haven't watched enough of him

Good point about Avery and BA, I guess I keep forgetting he is gone!!

Im personally not a fan of Cribbs!!
Mooche

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColtsFan40 wrote:
My take on Avery. Love his speed but hate his hands. I think he was a perfect fit in BA system but I don't really think he is a good fit for the West Coast. Logic would say we need a big bodied WR but I think we have that in Fleener. I think we need someone who is sure handed and good after the catch. My first thought was to o after someone like Cribbs but I haven't watched enough of him

Your description kind of defines T.Y in a nutshell for me. I'm hoping Pep can use him well in this offense.. and find ways to get him the ball to be dynamic. I don't see a full convert to the WCO as most, but he will mix and match scheme ideas to best suit this team around it as a basis.

I think a big WR would help, and I wouldn't be afraid to add one.
ColtsFan40

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mooche wrote:
ColtsFan40 wrote:

Your description kind of defines T.Y in a nutshell for me. I'm hoping Pep can use him well in this offense.. and find ways to get him the ball to be dynamic. I don't see a full convert to the WCO as most, but he will mix and match scheme ideas to best suit this team around it as a basis.

TY was just a rookie and still has time to improve. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the general rule with WR that they don't really hit their stride until year 3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mooche wrote:
ColtsFan40 wrote:

TY brings more than speed. Firstly, he is faster and quicker than Avery. He is also just a rookie. He is a great return man, and his YAC ability is crazy. That's the key to why he still can be successful in the new WCO. It requires YAC ability to turn short passes into big gains. If he can improve his hands he can be an elite weapon.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amendola would be a good target

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think most have expressed interest in this trade but I'll put it up to vote as the Giants have.

Colts trade: Pat Angerer.
Giants trade: Corey Webster.

Yes or No answers please. You may also provide an explanation for why you voted a certain way if you feel it's necessary Smile

RainbowCarebear wrote:
What kind of crabs you want? I got all kindz
Victor Cruz Pun

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing is if the Angerer-Webster trade is agreed to by both sides would we still want to go through with the Asomugha trade?

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Mooche

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody wrote:
Mooche wrote:
ColtsFan40 wrote:

TY brings more than speed. Firstly, he is faster and quicker than Avery. He is also just a rookie. He is a great return man, and his YAC ability is crazy. That's the key to why he still can be successful in the new WCO. It requires YAC ability to turn short passes into big gains. If he can improve his hands he can be an elite weapon.

His hands must get better in this offense. I believe in every aspect of his game, but I just want to see the consistency catching the football. In an offense that operates on high percentage passing, I want to see him take that next step. I hope he does. He has all the tools to do so.
coltsmanic808

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on how we value Angerer. If it's 3 and above, then no. If it's a 4th and less, then yes. They lowered the price to a 4th for Webster so if we don't like this trade and really want him, let's just give our 4th.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is 1 year of Webster worth Angerer? I'm not so sure. Plus he will add an additional 6m to our cap.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coltsmanic808 wrote:
Depends on how we value Angerer. If it's 3 and above, then no. If it's a 4th and less, then yes. They lowered the price to a 4th for Webster so if we don't like this trade and really want him, let's just give our 4th.

I mean, I don't mind Webster and he would be a nice addition at this point, but I'm still in the camp for wanting to just stock-pile picks. This is such a deep draft.
coltsmanic808

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm ok with not going after Webster. Didn't realize he was only on one year contract. I think rather than trading, unless we do a straight up player for player or find a great deal, we should go with the FA route.

As I said before, we don't need to use all our cap space or overpay, but I think with the fact that we have so much, we can really set ourselves up for the future by doing it wisely. If there aren't great CBs in the market, we can pursue OL/DL/S/OLB upgrades. CB is a pressing need but that shouldn't restrict our moves.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
I think most have expressed interest in this trade but I'll put it up to vote as the Giants have.

Yes or No answers please. You may also provide an explanation for why you voted a certain way if you feel it's necessary Smile

I like the initial look but think we need a little more value. Maybe a 5th-6th or us add a 7th and them add Canty

Colts trade: Pat Angerer, 7th
Giants trade: Corey Webster, Canty

or

Colts trade: Pat Angerer
Giants trade: Corey Webster, 5th/6th

not too interested in Nnamdi!
Victor Cruz Pun

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wayne87reggie wrote:
Victor Cruz Pun wrote:

I like the initial look but think we need a little more value. Maybe a 5th-6th or us add a 7th and them add Canty

or

Giants have expressed interest in Canty for Nevis if that would work. Canty's cap hit is pretty big though just in case anyone's interested in his cap numbers.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
wayne87reggie wrote:
Victor Cruz Pun wrote:

or

Giants have expressed interest in Canty for Nevis if that would work.

I think Nevis probably carries 4th round value, Canty IMO is more around late 5th -6th.

Nevis
for
Canty
Something else!

Or why dont we do

Nevis
for
Webster

or something including both:
Colts trade:Nevis, Angerer
NYG trade:Webster, Rolle

Angerer is a beast just think he will be better off in 4-3!3rd round value solid! Nevis the same thing, he has strong 4th round value IMO.

Webster 1yr(could always resructure deal) but is older coming off a bad year. late 4th value
Rolle solid S, I dont think he has 2nd round value like they have him for but I think 3rd is well within reason...So this deal looks pretty fair IMO..

Thoughts?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 12 of 63

Jump to: