Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

KT's One Round
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2014 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Minter for the bengals if Burfict stays at WLB.

In beofre the browns fans cringe at Vaccaro at #6.
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Vaccaro at 6 really caught me off guard. You weren't listening to Russ Lande, were you? Wink

I have several post in the Browns forum from early in the season that says I have been high on Vaccaro all year. The only thing I haven't liked about him is ball skills. I did read the Lande artical, however, and did use that as fuel to mock him at #6. For the record I have had him Top 15-20 all year and by far the best saftey.

INbengalfan wrote:

My experience with most Browns fans is that they are incapable of any kind of thinking outside the box and always take the early consensus rankings as gospel. If your opinion doesn't fit the mold of the media and big name draftniks then you are stupid. I've been mocked by them for years from Barwin in the 2nd to Watt at #6 and Chandler Jones at #22 last year. I was the only poster to defend the picks of T.J. Ward and John Hughes because I liked the picks while no one else liked them because they were not "value picks" according to the talking heads. Its not hard to understand the big board in Dec/Jan is never even close to what it is in April. At least I didn't think it should be hard.

Basically I don't care what they say anymore because the results speak for themselves.

Jamison on the sig
McRaider

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very good raiders pick
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Bengals pick

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
TDerick94

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate the Rams draft.I would prefer Ogletree and Justin Hunter.
NhTitan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
NhTitan wrote:
No way the Titans pass on Werner.

Richardson is the better prospect and DT is a higher need. Morgan and Wimbley are a good duo and improving. We need depth behind them but not in the 1st. We need a dynamic pass-rushing DT to pair with the space eater Jurrell Casey. Great pick with Richardson.

We all get that you want Richardson, you have hit pretty much every mock draft on this site for the past 6months.

Is there any chance another Titans fan could have a valid argument, especially when we are talking about a prospect that is ranked in the top 5 on every reputable draft website.

I get that we need an interior pass rush.I happen to think Floyd and Short are not that far off Richardson in terms of being an overall prospect. I like Richardson but not at 10. The best pick for us, IMO, is picking up Dorsey in FA and eliminating the need for DT in the draft.

My argument stems from value. The difference between the top DE and the second tier is larger than that of the DT's.

Werner and Morgan start and Wimbley comes in on 3rd downs. We take Dorsey in Free Agency and role with:

Werner-Dorsey-Casey-Morgan
Ayers-McCarthy-Brown

We then look to the rest of the draft for an OG,SS and a CB.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NhTitan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
NhTitan wrote:

Richardson is the better prospect and DT is a higher need. Morgan and Wimbley are a good duo and improving. We need depth behind them but not in the 1st. We need a dynamic pass-rushing DT to pair with the space eater Jurrell Casey. Great pick with Richardson.

We all get that you want Richardson, you have hit pretty much every mock draft on this site for the past 6months.

Is there any chance another Titans fan could have a valid argument, especially when we are talking about a prospect that is ranked in the top 5 on every reputable draft website.

I get that we need an interior pass rush.I happen to think Floyd and Short are not that far off Richardson in terms of being an overall prospect. I like Richardson but not at 10. The best pick for us, IMO, is picking up Dorsey in FA and eliminating the need for DT in the draft.

My argument stems from value. The difference between the top DE and the second tier is larger than that of the DT's.

Werner and Morgan start and Wimbley comes in on 3rd downs. We take Dorsey in Free Agency and role with:

Ayers-McCarthy-Brown

I love how everyone thinks Dorsey will solve our problems just because he's in a new system. The guy is a bust, plain and simple. We didn't pay Wimbley all that money to be a situational pass-rusher. Richardson is the 2nd best DT behind Star and he's mostly available at 10 in these mock drafts which is why I always want him. Our DE's last year were getting pressure, but we had no inside pressure to speak of. All the QBs had to do was step up and avoid Wimbley and Morgan.
NhTitan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
NhTitan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
NhTitan wrote:

Ayers-McCarthy-Brown

I love how everyone thinks Dorsey will solve our problems just because he's in a new system. The guy is a bust, plain and simple. We didn't pay Wimbley all that money to be a situational pass-rusher. Richardson is the 2nd best DT behind Star and he's mostly available at 10 in these mock drafts which is why I always want him. Our DE's last year were getting pressure, but we had no inside pressure to speak of. All the QBs had to do was step up and avoid Wimbley and Morgan.

I never suggested Dorsey would solve all of our problems, but he is a good fit for us.
Wimbley does not make 10m + a year so lets not pretend he is on monsterous money. He's getting 4m or close to next year. I think he struggles versus the run, and I''m not getting rid of him just cutting his playing time so he can be more effective.Have you considered the idea of an injury to Morgan or Wimbley. I don't fancy Soloman starting for us, do you? This is the guy next on the depth chart!

Bare in mind this is only if Werner drops to ten, if he''s gone my argument changes.
zelbell

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, North America, Western Hemisphere, Planet Earth
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FS is the Browns biggest need so I'm not opposed to Vaccaro at #6 makes our secondary much better
cattleman78

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but I know I have never put you down for thinking outside the box on the players you like. In fact I look forward to your off seasons because you do think outside the box and you are pretty good at evaluating prospects. Doesn't mean I won't disagree on your pick in the future though.. Kenny Vaccaro is rising in the draft. Does he rise to the 6th pick I honestly don't know.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
Justin Hoover82

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it for the Cowboys! Very Happy
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NhTitan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
NhTitan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
NhTitan wrote:

Ayers-McCarthy-Brown

I never suggested Dorsey would solve all of our problems, but he is a good fit for us.
Wimbley does not make 10m + a year so lets not pretend he is on monsterous money. He's getting 4m or close to next year. I think he struggles versus the run, and I''m not getting rid of him just cutting his playing time so he can be more effective.Have you considered the idea of an injury to Morgan or Wimbley. I don't fancy Soloman starting for us, do you? This is the guy next on the depth chart!

Bare in mind this is only if Werner drops to ten, if he''s gone my argument changes.

You are basing your opinion off of draft websites rankings in Janurary? You do realize those rankings are never right and never the same come late April?

Bjoern Werner is not a Top 10 prospect. I cannot say with the same conviction that Sheldon Richards is a Top 10 because I have not watched much. I have watched 2 years worth of Werner and if he goes Top 10 that just shows the severe lack of talent in this draft.

Jamison on the sig
candyman93

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Vaccaro at 6 really caught me off guard. You weren't listening to Russ Lande, were you? Wink

I have several post in the Browns forum from early in the season that says I have been high on Vaccaro all year. The only thing I haven't liked about him is ball skills. I did read the Lande artical, however, and did use that as fuel to mock him at #6. For the record I have had him Top 15-20 all year and by far the best saftey.

INbengalfan wrote:

My experience with most Browns fans is that they are incapable of any kind of thinking outside the box and always take the early consensus rankings as gospel. If your opinion doesn't fit the mold of the media and big name draftniks then you are stupid. I've been mocked by them for years from Barwin in the 2nd to Watt at #6 and Chandler Jones at #22 last year. I was the only poster to defend the picks of T.J. Ward and John Hughes because I liked the picks while no one else liked them because they were not "value picks" according to the talking heads. Its not hard to understand the big board in Dec/Jan is never even close to what it is in April. At least I didn't think it should be hard.

Basically I don't care what they say anymore because the results speak for themselves.

That's complete bull [inappropriate/removed] that you were the only one to defend the TJ Ward pick. I'll give you props on Hughes, I thought he'd be just a filler.

I wanted Chandler Jones or Nick Perry at 22. Didn't have an opinion on Barwin.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't intend to criticize - but if you're going to take the time to make a mock draft and post it here - wouldn't it be worth your time to write a sentence or two justifying each of the picks?

Adopt-a-Bear Kyle Long

PFF Grade through Regular-Season Game 3: 2.7 (20th in NFL) Highest rated rookie OL

Highest rated OL in the Pre-Season
Marky

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see Kenny V. rising that high, and we have way a way bigger need at OLB and OG. We'll see though.

And btw not everyone hated those picks. I actually liked Hughes. The Saints wanted him but we swooped him up just before they got him..

XBL-theUrbanator69
Student @ smww.com
Twitter: @draft4mark

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2014 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: