You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders Interested in Geno Smith
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 27, 28, 29  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agarcia34 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:
And it also make sense seeing how there is a rumor out there saying there looking to trade Palmer.

There is?

http://wpc.31d2.edgecastcdn.net/8031D2/xxsportsl/common/global_audio/40/88287.mp3

Couple minutes into the podcast
Yeah i heard that too, wonder what we want for Carson. With his contract it will be tough.
daineraider

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be ok with it. Especially if Reggie couldn't trade down and star is gone. If they feel he is the best player for this team I won't be upset. Carson won't be here longer than next season or the season after so we need to start looking for our future qb.

Joe_is_the_best at making sigs
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We as fans views things different, we always just want BPA on defense. Just like Falcons fans wanted Glenn Dorsey over Matt Ryan in 2008 because he wasn't physically talented enough, that's same reason why the Miami Dolphins passed on him. If the GM things there is a guy who can be a great QB, not even franchise type, but a guy who can win, you gotta take him.

I'm guilty of being a fan that wants to address the defense but I can't or won' be mad at Reggie if he takes a QB, he had nothing to do with trading for Palmer or drafting Pryor. I guess it is what it is...
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawsonleery wrote:
We as fans views things different, we always just want BPA on defense. Just like Falcons fans wanted Glenn Dorsey over Matt Ryan in 2008 because he wasn't physically talented enough, that's same reason why the Miami Dolphins passed on him. If the GM things there is a guy who can be a great QB, not even franchise type, but a guy who can win, you gotta take him.

Not sure how great and franchise type are different but i agree with the idea that you can't pass on that kind of QB if that's what you see in a prospect. If you're right, it will make a lot more impact than drafting any other position.
That's also why i can understand the drafting of Russell over Calvin Johnson, for example.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a kick in the balls this would be for Pryor and his fans Laughing

I don't think it would be a great move for us to go QB right now but whatever I guess. If they think he's the guy then they think he's the guy. I could see this being a smokescreen of some sort though.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:

Drafting Geno would spell the end of Palmer, Allen, or both. Drafting a guy at #3 without an immediate impact will crush Allen because I don't think he will survive another 10+ loss season.

Disagree. No GM is going to fire the HC after drafting a rookie QB as part of a re-building process.

Smith would be an immediate impact as well. He'd likely start day 1.

justwinbaby81 wrote:
If that is the case, they need a real impact player right away--particularly on defense--and the #3 spot is our only realistic chance at that this season (especially with no 2nd rounder). For him to be an impact guy he obviously has to start, and we aren't paying Carson 8 figures to ride the pine.

Problem is, there isn't a blue chip impact player in this draft. The Raiders are re-building. They need talent top to bottom. Most teams choose to rebuild around the QB position first as it's the most important.

As for Palmer, who knows. There are teams that could use a Vet QB. I'm not clued into what it'd cost to cut/trade him.

justwinbaby81 wrote:
If the front office is okay with that, then here's to hoping for the best. Geno is my favorite QB this draft, but that really is not saying much. I think this is just a tactical move to bait another team into trading up.

I could see it. But wouldn't shock me at all for the FO to want a QB to re-build around. They have no ties to the guys on the team. They have a new OC, so why not let him and a rookie QB grow together. It's an idea.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB Smith I'd expect to be gone by #3. If he's not then I could see him being the pick or better offers for a trade down. I'm not cool with handing the job to Pryor at all. If we can trade Palmer or restructure him I'd rather roll with Palmer. Even if we took Smith as I'd like him to sit out a season but not if Pryor is handed the job...Confused?!? You should be as that's what we want on Draft day and I'd expect deals to happen when were on the clock. I could even see a draft and trade possibility if someone we like is there with a team we've had conversations with...All part of the plan MUAHAHAHHH Twisted Evil

I also think Allen is safe if we roll with a rookie QB. I'd rather draft one in the 3rd not #3 but as I confuse myself I think it will work. Confused
Jamethus92

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first instinct is that it's a smoke screen in case he falls. But it would certainly be the exciting pick. Just not sure about his game as it translates.

Smack on the new sig
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:
And it also make sense seeing how there is a rumor out there saying there looking to trade Palmer.

There is?

http://wpc.31d2.edgecastcdn.net/8031D2/xxsportsl/common/global_audio/40/88287.mp3

Yeah i heard that too, wonder what we want for Carson. With his contract it will be tough.

According to that link, the Raiders think they can get a 2nd for him.

If that was doable, I'd be happy about it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Reggie and the scouts do love him then I wouldn't have a problem with the pick. It's not ideal time but that's football sometimes.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:

There is?

According to that link, the Raiders think they can get a 2nd for him.

If that was doable, I'd be happy about it.

I would be too. But I highly doubt that happens. If we get a high 3rd we'd be lucky. And at that point, unless we get a rookie (Specifically Geno, Barkley, Wilson or Manuel for me) or a decent vet then I don't think its worth it.
McRaider

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow didn't know how accurate he was 71.2%cmp last season
my bad. we will have to wait and see. seems like a smoke screen
GJT1347

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can we please put to rest the notion that only QB's win games? football is a team game and the QB position was one of our least worries last year. we have SOOOO many other positions with much less talent and potential than we have at QB. Rebuilding comes in the trenches, making it possible for a future QB to come in and have success.

Vote D-Line for 2013!
GJT1347

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McRaider wrote:

those completion % numbers are inflated with his gimmick offense. He runs a style of offense designed by Colorado School of Mine's Coach Bob Sitt. Read about it here...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2012/10/29/bob-stitt-fly-sweep-colorado-school-of-mines-college-football-offense/1659819/
McRaider

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GJT1347 wrote:
McRaider wrote:

those completion % numbers are inflated with his gimmick offense. He runs a style of offense designed by Colorado School of Mine's Coach Bob Sitt. Read about it here...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2012/10/29/bob-stitt-fly-sweep-colorado-school-of-mines-college-football-offense/1659819/
ouch.. i didn't get too see WV games i always end up with the buckeyes but i see what you are talking about. thank you for the article

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 2 of 29

Jump to: