Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD '13 War Room I - Free Agency
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it within the rules to franchise a player and sign him to a long term deal? If so, franchising Delmas makes a ton of FFMD sense. Unless, of course, you think we should be "100% realistic"... then it shouldn't be a possibility.

(If we did that, Houston would need to be our re-signing priority.)

We could then target SLH in FA.

Team Stylish
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
Is it within the rules to franchise a player and sign him to a long term deal? If so, franchising Delmas makes a ton of FFMD sense. Unless, of course, you think we should be "100% realistic"... then it shouldn't be a possibility.

We can do that, but it counts as our extension

R.I.P. Stylish
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:

Franchising Delmas would be a terrible move if we don't get the price down with a long term deal. He is way too much of a risk with his questionable health history to invest very much in him. If he walks then oh well. I just don't see him worth a lot of money.
stylish313

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:

Franchising Delmas would be a terrible move if we don't get the price down with a long term deal. He is way too much of a risk with his questionable health history to invest very much in him. If he walks then oh well. I just don't see him worth a lot of money.
QFT
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:

In real life, I agree 100%. In FFMD, and considering how inflated contracts always are, $6M for Delmas might be completely reasonable.

Team Stylish
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we have any interest in Malcolm Jenkins, if the deal is changed around a bit?
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
Do we have any interest in Malcolm Jenkins, if the deal is changed around a bit?

I would. I know the vote was close and some comments were not firm, so if they have something better to offer, than we should revote.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

I would. I know the vote was close and some comments were not firm, so if they have something better to offer, than we should revote.
I agree.

Also, I just watched some more tape on Princess Tiger Lily (hooray for using code), and I think we should definitely consider him. He's very underrated, and I think he could be great for us.

R.I.P. Stylish
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:

In real life, I agree 100%. In FFMD, and considering how inflated contracts always are, $6M for Delmas might be completely reasonable.

I wouldn't touch him at $6 million in the FFMD either. Sure, contracts are inflated, but that's cap space that can be used more efficiently. Let someone else waste $6 million on him.
Maverick12

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

I agree.

Also, I just watched some more tape on Princess Tiger Lily (hooray for using code), and I think we should definitely consider him. He's very underrated, and I think he could be great for us.

I would be happy if we could land either him, bambi, or abu in the draft. Provided we don't reach for any of them.

Team Stylish
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maverick12 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

I agree.

I would be happy if we could land either him, bambi, or abu in the draft. Provided we don't reach for any of them.
Yeah, they'd be great too. But, I feel Lilo may actually fit what we look for better than Bambi does. He won't go as high as well.

R.I.P. Stylish
Tyler2015

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Maverick12 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

I agree.

Yeah, they'd be great too. But, I feel Lilo may actually fit what we look for better than Bambi does. He won't go as high as well.

I've been studying and watching tape on Esmeralda and in my eyes from what I've seen he has the potential to be the best player in this draft class.

daboyle250 on the sig^
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyler2015 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Maverick12 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

I agree.

I've been studying and watching tape on Esmeralda and in my eyes from what I've seen he has the potential to be the best player in this draft class.
I wouldn't go as far to say potentially the best in the draft, but he has the measurables and the athleticism, but I think there are others with more potential. I'd want to trade down to pick him.

R.I.P. Stylish
Tyler2015

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Tyler2015 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Maverick12 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

I agree.

I wouldn't go as far to say potentially the best in the draft, but he has the measurables and the athleticism, but I think there are others with more potential. I'd want to trade down to pick him.

My bad haha, I was talking 2-3 Years down the road.

daboyle250 on the sig^
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyler2015 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Tyler2015 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Maverick12 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

I agree.

My bad haha, I was talking 2-3 Years down the road.
Well yeah, definitely could be, so could other guys too. I do need to watch some more on him though.

R.I.P. Stylish

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 30 of 107

Jump to: