Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD 2013 War Room and SignUps
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 83, 84, 85  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarthDavis

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarthDavis wrote:
"RDE Frostee Rucker and OLB Craig Robertson for Huff"

Suggestion from Browns rep.

I think this might be of interest. Obviously Huff is a savvy veteran in his best years as a player. Losing him would create a hole for us. Rucker fits the mold of our current defensive line, minimal pass rush, trench fighter. Robertson strictly fits the 4-3. I think if we are interested in the 4-3 this trade would work. If we are leaning to the 3-4 only Rucker would benefit. Something to talk about though.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarthDavis wrote:
DarthDavis wrote:

I think this might be of interest. Obviously Huff is a savvy veteran in his best years as a player. Losing him would create a hole for us. Rucker fits the mold of our current defensive line, minimal pass rush, trench fighter. Robertson strictly fits the 4-3. I think if we are interested in the 4-3 this trade would work. If we are leaning to the 3-4 only Rucker would benefit. Something to talk about though.

I know they're open to trading one of their NTs too. Did they mention it to you?
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
I got a minor offer to vote on.

Taiwan Jones to the Seahawks for a 7th (#195)?

I'm in for the trade. Jones hasn't offered us much of anything and he wasn't Reggie's guy. He could be gone this off-season anyway.

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarthDavis wrote:

Robertson and Rucker are both on the same boat as far as I'm concerned although Robertson might have a little more of a ceiling b/c he's younger. Neither are terrible but neither are very good.

I think I'd need to tally up the votes for the 3-4/4-3 we did earlier before I give me opinion on this. I don't think that was ever determined. I'll do that in a minute

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK it does look like the general vote was to more to a 3-4 (5-2 in votes) so that being the case, I don't see us having a great need for Rucker right now as I believe we have a good amount of people to play DE. I wouldn't object to a nice offer on a solid NT though as we currently don't have anyone proven to be able to play that.

PM sig requests.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
OK it does look like the general vote was to more to a 3-4 (5-2 in votes) so that being the case, I don't see us having a great need for Rucker right now as I believe we have a good amount of people to play DE. I wouldn't object to a nice offer on a solid NT though as we currently don't have anyone proven to be able to play that.

John Hughes and Ishmaa'ily Kitchen can be had from the Browns.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

The handful of times I saw the Browns play this year, I cannot say I got acquainted w/ them. You have an opinion on either or both??

PM sig requests.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Oak wrote:
DarthDavis wrote:
Professor Oak wrote:
Incognito is an underrated G in this league. I think from a talent perspective, we could definitely use him on our offensive line. He plays thru the whistle & he plays with aggressiveness. We could use some physicality right now. He's pretty efficient too, & doesn't allow many QB pressures.

He also is consistently one of the most penalized players. If I am not mistaken. Which direction is this team going? Are we trying to saddle up the horses for one last ride or trying to rebuild our beloved franchise.

He had 0 personal fouls last season & had 6 total penalties in 16 games.

He just has a bad reputation still attached to him because of his St. Louis days but he's grown up since then. Not that he doesn't get passionate at times, but that perception of him in the past isn't entirely accurate anymore.

Honestly, I've said this all season & I'll probably get heat for it, but Raider fans really overvalue/overrate Streater. He was a nice UDFA find who got a good amount of playing time because of injuries & was a recipient of a pass heavy offense. He made plenty of mistakes other than a few clutch catches. Will he grow & improve? Probably, but no one knows. Right now we have 2 holes to fill at LG & RG, and you have a solid OG available for trade. That's just my opinion on it.

I don't even know if I'm really a part of this, but I'm just giving my opinion from what I see. I don't even care if he made the Pro Bowl, I just feel he's a solid, proven guard at this point in his career.

I want to be reincarnated as your clone!

Your unemotional approach is totally appreciated. Fix the OL before you crown Streater as the next "Moore" who was supposed to be the next "Rice", etc. Once again the offense is changing and Streater could vanish just like Moore did once he was out of system. Yet it probably won't matter whose receiving the ball when the QB is on IR once again.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
La_Vader

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get rid if Jones

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would we not get rid of jones? It's pretty obvious he's not I'm our future plans, can't stay healthy, and fumbles. Those are three things that I don't want.

Also I'd love to get Phil Taylor from the Browns.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Professor Oak wrote:
DarthDavis wrote:
Professor Oak wrote:
Incognito is an underrated G in this league. I think from a talent perspective, we could definitely use him on our offensive line. He plays thru the whistle & he plays with aggressiveness. We could use some physicality right now. He's pretty efficient too, & doesn't allow many QB pressures.

He also is consistently one of the most penalized players. If I am not mistaken. Which direction is this team going? Are we trying to saddle up the horses for one last ride or trying to rebuild our beloved franchise.

He just has a bad reputation still attached to him because of his St. Louis days but he's grown up since then. Not that he doesn't get passionate at times, but that perception of him in the past isn't entirely accurate anymore.

Honestly, I've said this all season & I'll probably get heat for it, but Raider fans really overvalue/overrate Streater. He was a nice UDFA find who got a good amount of playing time because of injuries & was a recipient of a pass heavy offense. He made plenty of mistakes other than a few clutch catches. Will he grow & improve? Probably, but no one knows. Right now we have 2 holes to fill at LG & RG, and you have a solid OG available for trade. That's just my opinion on it.

I don't even know if I'm really a part of this, but I'm just giving my opinion from what I see. I don't even care if he made the Pro Bowl, I just feel he's a solid, proven guard at this point in his career.

Your unemotional approach is totally appreciated. Fix the OL before you crown Streater as the next "Moore" who was supposed to be the next "Rice", etc. Once again the offense is changing and Streater could vanish just like Moore did once he was out of system. Yet it probably won't matter whose receiving the ball when the QB is on IR once again.

Thanks. I think me & you see eye to eye a lot since I've been on this forum. Laughing

WR's like Streater are a dime in a dozen in comparison to solid G's who play like Incognito. People just don't like the guy because he plays tough & with an edge.

Everybody knows the battle is won/lost in the trenches. This team has evaded correctly addressing the OL for years, yet want to add pieces in other areas. Personally, I don't get it, but I guess people have different opinions.

For what it's worth: https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/28/ranking-the-2012-offensive-lines/2/
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
Why would we not get rid of jones? It's pretty obvious he's not I'm our future plans, can't stay healthy, and fumbles. Those are three things that I don't want.

Also I'd love to get Phil Taylor from the Browns.

The only things I can think of are how well he played on Special Teams & how he might have a new chance with a new coaching staff who runs a different system.

With McFadden & Goodson still on contract, I don't really care what you guys decide to do. I think a 7th is too low, but I think we would need to add another RB either way (whether we keep Jones or get rid of him).
oakdb36

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Oak wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Professor Oak wrote:
DarthDavis wrote:
Professor Oak wrote:

Thanks. I think me & you see eye to eye a lot since I've been on this forum. Laughing

WR's like Streater are a dime in a dozen in comparison to solid G's who play like Incognito. People just don't like the guy because he plays tough & with an edge.

Everybody knows the battle is won/lost in the trenches. This team has evaded correctly addressing the OL for years, yet want to add pieces in other areas. Personally, I don't get it, but I guess people have different opinions.

For what it's worth: https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/28/ranking-the-2012-offensive-lines/2/

I think everybody wants to improve both lines.
But we're re-building, right? Trading a young player for a 30 year old guy on the final year of his contract isn't what i'd call re-buidling.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

The handful of times I saw the Browns play this year, I cannot say I got acquainted w/ them. You have an opinion on either or both??

They were both rookies last year. Kitchen is a typical run plugging NT. Hughes is more of a 4-3 DT.
If we're switching to a 3-4, Kitchen can provide depth at NT. He was an UDFA last year and he isn't a finished product yet. I don't know if he ever can be a starter but i'd be fine getting him as part of a trade.
La_Vader

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to see what he does in the new offense. He isnt making much and you can fix fumbles, and he just got unlucky with the injury bug. Do you expect Eric Dickerson with a 3rd string back

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 83, 84, 85  Next
Page 14 of 85

Jump to: