Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Texas vs Nation thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Texas vs Nation thread Reply with quote

So last all-star game.

I am really excited to see Elvis Fisher play. Had him in a few of my mocks. Can be a dominate player just had injury issues.

Philip Steward is another guy to keep an eye on.

Really like Meshak Williams as well. But he may be better in 3-4 or situational pass rusher.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

time?
station?

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
time?
station?

2/2/2013 on Fox
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game starts at 1:30 PM.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some information on player performing well in practice this week:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Texas-VS-The-Nation-Game-Players-That-Shined-Tuesday.html

Armonty Bryant is a guy to keep an eye on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPxEfFmRESg

Has some talent as a late round prospect. Likely won't be on Oakland's radar as he was arrested for selling weed to an undercover cop at PRACTICE. Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Texas-VS-The-Nation-Game-Players-That-Shined-Tuesday.html

Has some talent as a late round prospect. Likely won't be on Oakland's radar as he was arrested for selling weed to an undercover cop at PRACTICE. Laughing Laughing

Told you guys. This guy is going to be a steal if he can stay healthy. Right now projected as late 7-FA.

3. Elvis Fisher, OT, Missouri (6046, 291, and 5.20 E): On a day where many DL dominated, Fisher was one of the few OL to impress today. Quick out of stance and setting up to pass block with good base/leverage, Fisher consistently got his hands on pass rusher fast. He “got a good fit” fast, locked out and was able to stay on and maintain pass block to eliminate man. Despite lacking ideal bulk/weight, Fisher was able to stop bull rushers in their tracks. Not only impressive as a pass blocker, Fisher was able to seal man inside on side/angle in-line run blocks and could chip and get through to the second level to seal LB on backside of the play. For an offensive tackle who came here not regarded as a top prospect, today he played like a much better player than expected.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Told you guys. This guy is going to be a steal if he can stay healthy. Right now projected as late 7-FA.

3. Elvis Fisher, OT, Missouri (6046, 291, and 5.20 E): On a day where many DL dominated, Fisher was one of the few OL to impress today. Quick out of stance and setting up to pass block with good base/leverage, Fisher consistently got his hands on pass rusher fast. He “got a good fit” fast, locked out and was able to stay on and maintain pass block to eliminate man. Despite lacking ideal bulk/weight, Fisher was able to stop bull rushers in their tracks. Not only impressive as a pass blocker, Fisher was able to seal man inside on side/angle in-line run blocks and could chip and get through to the second level to seal LB on backside of the play. For an offensive tackle who came here not regarded as a top prospect, today he played like a much better player than expected.

He's the perfect developmental type. He just needs to add some weight and strength. He has good feet. That was evident at Mizzou, he was ofter overpowered against better competition.

I'd take a flier on him, let him bulk up and you have a nice Oline guy in a year or 2.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going back to the Al Davis era we've done an excellent job of finding good defensive lineman later in the draft and as UDFA. That's a trend that Reggie seems to want to continue and he already found what looks to be a steal last year in Bilukidi.

I hope we can find another diamond in the rough in one of the later rounds in a pass rushing defensive end. A guy like Larry Webster III or Quanterus Smith would fit that bill nicely. I also wouldn't mind taking a flyer on Armonty Bryant even with the character concerns.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
Going back to the Al Davis era we've done an excellent job of finding good defensive lineman later in the draft and as UDFA. That's a trend that Reggie seems to want to continue and he already found what looks to be a steal last year in Bilukidi.

I hope we can find another diamond in the rough in one of the later rounds in a pass rushing defensive end. A guy like Larry Webster III or Quanterus Smith would fit that bill nicely. I also wouldn't mind taking a flyer on Armonty Bryant even with the character concerns.

I agree. Q.Smith imo has it all, total package and no major off field issues. I would be surprised if he wasnt targeted especially with all the late round picks we will have.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed the game. Did anyone see it? I hope there is a replay.

Anyways read that Ted Thompson and Reggie McKenzie were two GM's at this game in addition to scouts from all teams.
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
I agree. Q.Smith imo has it all, total package and no major off field issues. I would be surprised if he wasnt targeted especially with all the late round picks we will have.

Depending on the severity of his knee injury and how he checks out at the combine medically I could see him going anywhere from the beginning of the fourth to the end of the sixth.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: