Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Players who made a mistake and asked for a realease
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiki is playing flag football with fans for money..dude isn't well off

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Khalil Bell asked for his release from a pretty decent contract. Got it, went out and tested the waters, found out the market wasn't there, came back when Bush went on IR, for less money than he was released from.

OneBadCat wrote:
Ahah Okay first of all Gamble was lost to IR this year but when healthy he proved to be 2nd only to Revis last season.
Vanilla_Ice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Khalil Bell asked for his release from a pretty decent contract. Got it, went out and tested the waters, found out the market wasn't there, came back when Bush went on IR, for less money than he was released from.

Really? Why did he think there was such a market for him?

justo wrote:

Holy moly?!?! For real? Dude is still paying for his stupid decisions. I hope banging that intern was worth it.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vanilla_Ice wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

Really? Why did he think there was such a market for him?

justo wrote:

Holy moly?!?! For real? Dude is still paying for his stupid decisions. I hope banging that intern was worth it.
Same reason every player does, Agents. In Bell's case he was the 3rd or 4th RB on the depth chart, the Preseason was wrapping up, his agent probably convinced him some RB hungry team would snatch him up since he has plenty of starting experience and played well after Matt went down last year. I believe he got invited to try out w/ a couple teams but didn't actually sign w/ anybody.

OneBadCat wrote:
Ahah Okay first of all Gamble was lost to IR this year but when healthy he proved to be 2nd only to Revis last season.
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully Titus Young will soon join these ranks. Good riddance.

Kellen Winslow was signed by the Patriots in midseason and requested a release after one game; his career's probably over.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for three years running!)
Shorty McFast

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vanilla_Ice wrote:
Why did he want out of Min so bad?

I don't think he was super happy in Minny plus he had off field issues (Love Boat, fighting, etc.). Then add to the fact it was a "threat" he could use when drama arose and he'd play that card. "Just release me".

Well he showed up to training camp overweight after the lockout and he was the only decent LT on the roster. The Vikings said "you're overweight", McKinnie said "release me", it was finally time and they parted ways. Unfortunately it hurt the Vikings (no decent LT) and it hurt Bryant's pocketbook (He filed bankruptcy). Coach Frazier even said Bryant was going to continue to be a good player, just wasn't going to be in Minnesota.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant think of any of that for the jaguars...

Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
Yes, I went to high school with Tony Romo

Did he do good on the homework and quizzes but choke on the tests?
x0x

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marvin Harrison anyone?

Who the hell knows if he would have made a difference in the Super Bowl but the guy sat out the 2009 season thinking he was worth something and then retired.
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about John Jefferson wanting a trade from the Chargers? Dude could've been a legend with Fouts. Dude had 36 TDs in his first three years. If he hadn't gotten into a contract dispute, he might have been hailed as one of the greats.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
carnageehw

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:

Kellen Winslow was signed by the Patriots in midseason and requested a release after one game; his career's probably over.
I think Winslow WANTED to be gone from football. I don't think he asked for a release so he could find a new team

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Pats fan that player is Deon Branch, wanted a big contract after being a Super Bowl MVP, thought he was better than Brady made him and went to the great North West void for a few years.

carnageehw wrote:
Kellen Winslow was signed by the Patriots in midseason and requested a release after one game; his career's probably over. I think Winslow WANTED to be gone from football. I don't think he asked for a release so he could find a new team

This is so sad by the way, I wonder what might have happened in the playoffs had we had a player like him when Gronk went out.
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

carnageehw wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:

I think Winslow WANTED to be gone from football. I don't think he asked for a release so he could find a new team

The story is supposedly Winslow had been skipping out on practice a lot the past several years in Tampa, to save his shredded knees for the actual games. Belichick wasn't going to let him play unless he earned snaps in practice, but Winslow didn't want to (or didn't think he could) practice, and wasn't willing to put stress on his knees without the guarantee of playing time. So he asked for a release.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
fluhartz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Different sport, but Latrell Sprewell us the king of this..
Can't feed them kids on 13 mill a year

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely think Tiki Barber has to be the biggest one.
Vanilla_Ice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
How about John Jefferson wanting a trade from the Chargers? Dude could've been a legend with Fouts. Dude had 36 TDs in his first three years. If he hadn't gotten into a contract dispute, he might have been hailed as one of the greats.

Never heard of him. If we're talking 70's, why would a guy on that team that ran a Coryell offense and threw the ball like mad want to go somewhere else? Wow - more confirmation on how out of touch with reality these guys are.

x0x wrote:
Marvin Harrison anyone?

Who the hell knows if he would have made a difference in the Super Bowl but the guy sat out the 2009 season thinking he was worth something and then retired.

Is that what happened? I though he retired early, but I thought it was because of the shooting trouble and he wanted out of the limelight?

wwhickok wrote:
I definitely think Tiki Barber has to be the biggest one.

Agreed. If he had only stayed on for another year he'd have a superbowl ring, wouldn't have met that intern and been fired from a million dollar job, would have earned more money and maybe stayed long enough to be the 3rd down back on the 2011 Superbowl team. Then he could have started that journalism career and did the other things he wanted.

Man, I hope he's learned that being a pompous *** and thinking you rule the world is a fast way to nowhereville.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: