Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions hire Brian Xanders
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 49743
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
studdogs wrote:
22-50 and making money...economy isn't all that bad is it Mr. Ford.

Sure would Love to have an Identity Focused Group, moving forward!

“What is the Identity of the Detroit Lions”?...______________?


I'm not sure the Lions made money given the teams expenditures.

IIRC, 2010 the Lions were the only NFL team to lose money. I have not seen any reports since.


How much roughly?

That is interesting note


Glad they are losing with the product they are putting out. Still does not seem to be enough for them to make major moves.
_________________


AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nnivolcm


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 8269
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

It's not opinion. It's fact. Numbers don't lie. Who gives a rats arse about 0-16. You can't get worse. Using that as measuring stick is dumb


I can't believe you're really struggling with what is a fact and what is an opinion this much.



Just keep using 0-16 as measuring stick. It's cool. Accept mediocrity I don't care.

Numbers are facts and his winning percentage blows.


Numbers are numbers, not facts. It is a fact that his winning percentage is what it is. Weather it blows or not is your opinion of it. Before this last year the winning percentage wasn't much better but there was a lot more Mayhew love than there is right now.



We went from a GM scoring an F to one scoring a D

Lions fans happy. Fords happy they don't have to improve team or coaches because tickets sell because Mayhew and his D effort is better then the F


Not sure what point you're trying to make here. I'm well aware of your opinions of how Mayhew has done.


You say his record does not suck. You have accepted crap because it is better then the other pile of crap. Still smells like crap, looks like crap but just a little less smelly. Rolling Eyes


I never said I was happy with his record. I simply called all of your "facts" what they actually were; opinions.


And winning % being crappy is a fact. Not sure how you can not understand facts.


You're still not grasping the difference between fact and opinion, I'll see if I can help you one last time.

"Mayhew's record as a GM is 22-50, which is a crappy record for a NFL GM."

This sentence has two statements, one is a fact, and one is an opinion.





If you said the bolded statement was a fact, and the underlined statement was an opinion, you were right! If you think the entire sentence was a fact, you are wrong, and are pretty much a lost cause.


Anyone who thinks 22-50 is not crappy needs to go back to school


Time to test what you should have learned by now. Is what you just wrote a fact, or opinion.


You can knock off your crap by now. We get it. You love Mayhew. I dont really care. It is cool you accept mediocrity. If you want a mediocre life have at it.

You can keep following me around like a lost puppy dog. I enjoy the entertainment really


You clearly aren't reading my posts. I don't love Mayhew, I just don't think he should be fired yet either. I think him getting us to the playoffs last year has earned him the right to try to right the ship after this year's let down. If he doesn't improve and compete for a playoff spot I'll want him gone next year.

My entire point in this thread is that you have no idea what you're talking about when you call your opinions facts. Since you obviously haven't even come close to picking that up yet means you're a lost cause, and that is too bad because that is something every third grader should have on lock down.
_________________
George Carlin wrote:
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.


Team Stylish

Thanks to Smack for the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 49743
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

It's not opinion. It's fact. Numbers don't lie. Who gives a rats arse about 0-16. You can't get worse. Using that as measuring stick is dumb


I can't believe you're really struggling with what is a fact and what is an opinion this much.



Just keep using 0-16 as measuring stick. It's cool. Accept mediocrity I don't care.

Numbers are facts and his winning percentage blows.


Numbers are numbers, not facts. It is a fact that his winning percentage is what it is. Weather it blows or not is your opinion of it. Before this last year the winning percentage wasn't much better but there was a lot more Mayhew love than there is right now.



We went from a GM scoring an F to one scoring a D

Lions fans happy. Fords happy they don't have to improve team or coaches because tickets sell because Mayhew and his D effort is better then the F


Not sure what point you're trying to make here. I'm well aware of your opinions of how Mayhew has done.


You say his record does not suck. You have accepted crap because it is better then the other pile of crap. Still smells like crap, looks like crap but just a little less smelly. Rolling Eyes


I never said I was happy with his record. I simply called all of your "facts" what they actually were; opinions.


And winning % being crappy is a fact. Not sure how you can not understand facts.


You're still not grasping the difference between fact and opinion, I'll see if I can help you one last time.

"Mayhew's record as a GM is 22-50, which is a crappy record for a NFL GM."

This sentence has two statements, one is a fact, and one is an opinion.





If you said the bolded statement was a fact, and the underlined statement was an opinion, you were right! If you think the entire sentence was a fact, you are wrong, and are pretty much a lost cause.


Anyone who thinks 22-50 is not crappy needs to go back to school


Time to test what you should have learned by now. Is what you just wrote a fact, or opinion.


You can knock off your crap by now. We get it. You love Mayhew. I dont really care. It is cool you accept mediocrity. If you want a mediocre life have at it.

You can keep following me around like a lost puppy dog. I enjoy the entertainment really


You clearly aren't reading my posts. I don't love Mayhew, I just don't think he should be fired yet either. I think him getting us to the playoffs last year has earned him the right to try to right the ship after this year's let down. If he doesn't improve and compete for a playoff spot I'll want him gone next year.

My entire point in this thread is that you have no idea what you're talking about when you call your opinions facts. Since you obviously haven't even come close to picking that up yet means you're a lost cause, and that is too bad because that is something every third grader should have on lock down.


Funny because my third grader knows 22-50 is crap
_________________


AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nnivolcm


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 8269
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

It's not opinion. It's fact. Numbers don't lie. Who gives a rats arse about 0-16. You can't get worse. Using that as measuring stick is dumb


I can't believe you're really struggling with what is a fact and what is an opinion this much.



Just keep using 0-16 as measuring stick. It's cool. Accept mediocrity I don't care.

Numbers are facts and his winning percentage blows.


Numbers are numbers, not facts. It is a fact that his winning percentage is what it is. Weather it blows or not is your opinion of it. Before this last year the winning percentage wasn't much better but there was a lot more Mayhew love than there is right now.



We went from a GM scoring an F to one scoring a D

Lions fans happy. Fords happy they don't have to improve team or coaches because tickets sell because Mayhew and his D effort is better then the F


Not sure what point you're trying to make here. I'm well aware of your opinions of how Mayhew has done.


You say his record does not suck. You have accepted crap because it is better then the other pile of crap. Still smells like crap, looks like crap but just a little less smelly. Rolling Eyes


I never said I was happy with his record. I simply called all of your "facts" what they actually were; opinions.


And winning % being crappy is a fact. Not sure how you can not understand facts.


You're still not grasping the difference between fact and opinion, I'll see if I can help you one last time.

"Mayhew's record as a GM is 22-50, which is a crappy record for a NFL GM."

This sentence has two statements, one is a fact, and one is an opinion.





If you said the bolded statement was a fact, and the underlined statement was an opinion, you were right! If you think the entire sentence was a fact, you are wrong, and are pretty much a lost cause.


Anyone who thinks 22-50 is not crappy needs to go back to school


Time to test what you should have learned by now. Is what you just wrote a fact, or opinion.


You can knock off your crap by now. We get it. You love Mayhew. I dont really care. It is cool you accept mediocrity. If you want a mediocre life have at it.

You can keep following me around like a lost puppy dog. I enjoy the entertainment really


You clearly aren't reading my posts. I don't love Mayhew, I just don't think he should be fired yet either. I think him getting us to the playoffs last year has earned him the right to try to right the ship after this year's let down. If he doesn't improve and compete for a playoff spot I'll want him gone next year.

My entire point in this thread is that you have no idea what you're talking about when you call your opinions facts. Since you obviously haven't even come close to picking that up yet means you're a lost cause, and that is too bad because that is something every third grader should have on lock down.


Funny because my third grader knows 22-50 is crap


Does he know the difference between a fact and an opinion?
_________________
George Carlin wrote:
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.


Team Stylish

Thanks to Smack for the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
studdogs


Joined: 02 Feb 2007
Posts: 844
Location: Linden, Mi
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
studdogs wrote:
22-50 and making money...economy isn't all that bad is it Mr. Ford.

Sure would Love to have an Identity Focused Group, moving forward!

“What is the Identity of the Detroit Lions”?...______________?


I'm not sure the Lions made money given the teams expenditures.

IIRC, 2010 the Lions were the only NFL team to lose money. I have not seen any reports since.


How much roughly?

That is interesting note


Glad they are losing with the product they are putting out. Still does not seem to be enough for them to make major moves.

Cheerleaders
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
FootballPhreak


Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 35329
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here is my opinion on the matter.

When you consider he started with a minor league roster, Mayhew's overall record is actually right on par with what one might expect.

However, as I nitpick how things are run more and more, I feel not only is it easier to turn over a horrible team into an average team, but I just don't feel the current staff is the right one to take us to the next level. Which would be perennial playoff contenders.

That is not to say they were not the right staff to take us from horrible to mediocre, they very well might have been. But I just don't see those aggressive moves to sure up glaring weaknesses that will have to be addressed to take us to that next step. making a .500 club is great from where we were, but it just isn't where I would like this team to stay.
_________________
Draft_FanAddict wrote:
If that doesn't concern you, I don't know what would...a missing head?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Nnivolcm


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 8269
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
Well, here is my opinion on the matter.

When you consider he started with a minor league roster, Mayhew's overall record is actually right on par with what one might expect.

However, as I nitpick how things are run more and more, I feel not only is it easier to turn over a horrible team into an average team, but I just don't feel the current staff is the right one to take us to the next level. Which would be perennial playoff contenders.

That is not to say they were not the right staff to take us from horrible to mediocre, they very well might have been. But I just don't see those aggressive moves to sure up glaring weaknesses that will have to be addressed to take us to that next step. making a .500 club is great from where we were, but it just isn't where I would like this team to stay.


I can see exactly what you're saying, and if next year we don't see significant improvement I'll probably be right there with you in that line of thinking.
_________________
George Carlin wrote:
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.


Team Stylish

Thanks to Smack for the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 49743
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
Well, here is my opinion on the matter.

When you consider he started with a minor league roster, Mayhew's overall record is actually right on par with what one might expect.

However, as I nitpick how things are run more and more, I feel not only is it easier to turn over a horrible team into an average team, but I just don't feel the current staff is the right one to take us to the next level. Which would be perennial playoff contenders.

That is not to say they were not the right staff to take us from horrible to mediocre, they very well might have been. But I just don't see those aggressive moves to sure up glaring weaknesses that will have to be addressed to take us to that next step. making a .500 club is great from


where we were, but it just isn't where I would like this team to stay.



I would agree if he got it to a .500 club but he hasn't
_________________


AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FootballPhreak


Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 35329
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Well, here is my opinion on the matter.

When you consider he started with a minor league roster, Mayhew's overall record is actually right on par with what one might expect.

However, as I nitpick how things are run more and more, I feel not only is it easier to turn over a horrible team into an average team, but I just don't feel the current staff is the right one to take us to the next level. Which would be perennial playoff contenders.

That is not to say they were not the right staff to take us from horrible to mediocre, they very well might have been. But I just don't see those aggressive moves to sure up glaring weaknesses that will have to be addressed to take us to that next step. making a .500 club is great from


where we were, but it just isn't where I would like this team to stay.



I would agree if he got it to a .500 club but he hasn't

Considering the parity of the league, a team that is 10 wins, then 4 wins, and how close how many of the games have been, yes I would consider this a .500 club. Which is always give or take a win or 2 because of that parity, but hovers in that area. I 100% believe that is what we are.
_________________
Draft_FanAddict wrote:
If that doesn't concern you, I don't know what would...a missing head?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 49743
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Well, here is my opinion on the matter.

When you consider he started with a minor league roster, Mayhew's overall record is actually right on par with what one might expect.

However, as I nitpick how things are run more and more, I feel not only is it easier to turn over a horrible team into an average team, but I just don't feel the current staff is the right one to take us to the next level. Which would be perennial playoff contenders.

That is not to say they were not the right staff to take us from horrible to mediocre, they very well might have been. But I just don't see those aggressive moves to sure up glaring weaknesses that will have to be addressed to take us to that next step. making a .500 club is great from


where we were, but it just isn't where I would like this team to stay.



I would agree if he got it to a .500 club but he hasn't

Considering the parity of the league, a team that is 10 wins, then 4 wins, and how close how many of the games have been, yes I would consider this a .500 club. Which is always give or take a win or 2 because of that parity, but hovers in that area. I 100% believe that is what we are.



So dismissing his first years because?

Sorry those count regardless.
_________________


AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FootballPhreak


Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 35329
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Well, here is my opinion on the matter.

When you consider he started with a minor league roster, Mayhew's overall record is actually right on par with what one might expect.

However, as I nitpick how things are run more and more, I feel not only is it easier to turn over a horrible team into an average team, but I just don't feel the current staff is the right one to take us to the next level. Which would be perennial playoff contenders.

That is not to say they were not the right staff to take us from horrible to mediocre, they very well might have been. But I just don't see those aggressive moves to sure up glaring weaknesses that will have to be addressed to take us to that next step. making a .500 club is great from


where we were, but it just isn't where I would like this team to stay.



I would agree if he got it to a .500 club but he hasn't

Considering the parity of the league, a team that is 10 wins, then 4 wins, and how close how many of the games have been, yes I would consider this a .500 club. Which is always give or take a win or 2 because of that parity, but hovers in that area. I 100% believe that is what we are.



So dismissing his first years because?

Sorry those count regardless.

Well, I am judging him based on what he built, not what he inherited. That would just be......silly.
_________________
Draft_FanAddict wrote:
If that doesn't concern you, I don't know what would...a missing head?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
EhJae


Joined: 13 May 2009
Posts: 1148
Location: CB, Iowa
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

studdogs wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
studdogs wrote:
22-50 and making money...economy isn't all that bad is it Mr. Ford.

Sure would Love to have an Identity Focused Group, moving forward!

“What is the Identity of the Detroit Lions”?...______________?


I'm not sure the Lions made money given the teams expenditures.

IIRC, 2010 the Lions were the only NFL team to lose money. I have not seen any reports since.


How much roughly?

That is interesting note


Glad they are losing with the product they are putting out. Still does not seem to be enough for them to make major moves.

Cheerleaders

Boom! Super Bowl here we are Laughing
_________________
2013 & 2014 AAL:
#71 Riley Reiff
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 49743
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Well, here is my opinion on the matter.

When you consider he started with a minor league roster, Mayhew's overall record is actually right on par with what one might expect.

However, as I nitpick how things are run more and more, I feel not only is it easier to turn over a horrible team into an average team, but I just don't feel the current staff is the right one to take us to the next level. Which would be perennial playoff contenders.

That is not to say they were not the right staff to take us from horrible to mediocre, they very well might have been. But I just don't see those aggressive moves to sure up glaring weaknesses that will have to be addressed to take us to that next step. making a .500 club is great from


where we were, but it just isn't where I would like this team to stay.



I would agree if he got it to a .500 club but he hasn't

Considering the parity of the league, a team that is 10 wins, then 4 wins, and how close how many of the games have been, yes I would consider this a .500 club. Which is always give or take a win or 2 because of that parity, but hovers in that area. I 100% believe that is what we are.



So dismissing his first years because?

Sorry those count regardless.

Well, I am judging him based on what he built, not what he inherited. That would just be......silly.




His first season he brought guys in. That record is his. Also considering he was on the staff previous he is at fault still
_________________


AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FootballPhreak


Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 35329
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Well, here is my opinion on the matter.

When you consider he started with a minor league roster, Mayhew's overall record is actually right on par with what one might expect.

However, as I nitpick how things are run more and more, I feel not only is it easier to turn over a horrible team into an average team, but I just don't feel the current staff is the right one to take us to the next level. Which would be perennial playoff contenders.

That is not to say they were not the right staff to take us from horrible to mediocre, they very well might have been. But I just don't see those aggressive moves to sure up glaring weaknesses that will have to be addressed to take us to that next step. making a .500 club is great from


where we were, but it just isn't where I would like this team to stay.



I would agree if he got it to a .500 club but he hasn't

Considering the parity of the league, a team that is 10 wins, then 4 wins, and how close how many of the games have been, yes I would consider this a .500 club. Which is always give or take a win or 2 because of that parity, but hovers in that area. I 100% believe that is what we are.



So dismissing his first years because?

Sorry those count regardless.

Well, I am judging him based on what he built, not what he inherited. That would just be......silly.




His first season he brought guys in. That record is his. Also considering he was on the staff previous he is at fault still

If you think that is fair to blame Mayhew for what Millen did - the most infamous GM in history for not listening to anyone - then that is your prerogative. I feel it is incredibly unfair. The actions of a "hater"
_________________
Draft_FanAddict wrote:
If that doesn't concern you, I don't know what would...a missing head?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
stylish313


Joined: 17 Jan 2009
Posts: 15019
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything the Lions do is blah, until I actually see results.
_________________
Oh no, we suck again
- Calvin's out
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group