Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions hire Brian Xanders
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
detfan782004

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
studdogs wrote:
22-50 and making money...economy isn't all that bad is it Mr. Ford.

Sure would Love to have an Identity Focused Group, moving forward!

“What is the Identity of the Detroit Lions”?...______________?

I'm not sure the Lions made money given the teams expenditures.

IIRC, 2010 the Lions were the only NFL team to lose money. I have not seen any reports since.

How much roughly?

That is interesting note

Glad they are losing with the product they are putting out. Still does not seem to be enough for them to make major moves.

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

It's not opinion. It's fact. Numbers don't lie. Who gives a rats arse about 0-16. You can't get worse. Using that as measuring stick is dumb

I can't believe you're really struggling with what is a fact and what is an opinion this much.

Just keep using 0-16 as measuring stick. It's cool. Accept mediocrity I don't care.

Numbers are facts and his winning percentage blows.

Numbers are numbers, not facts. It is a fact that his winning percentage is what it is. Weather it blows or not is your opinion of it. Before this last year the winning percentage wasn't much better but there was a lot more Mayhew love than there is right now.

We went from a GM scoring an F to one scoring a D

Lions fans happy. Fords happy they don't have to improve team or coaches because tickets sell because Mayhew and his D effort is better then the F

Not sure what point you're trying to make here. I'm well aware of your opinions of how Mayhew has done.

You say his record does not suck. You have accepted crap because it is better then the other pile of crap. Still smells like crap, looks like crap but just a little less smelly. Rolling Eyes

I never said I was happy with his record. I simply called all of your "facts" what they actually were; opinions.

And winning % being crappy is a fact. Not sure how you can not understand facts.

You're still not grasping the difference between fact and opinion, I'll see if I can help you one last time.

"Mayhew's record as a GM is 22-50, which is a crappy record for a NFL GM."

This sentence has two statements, one is a fact, and one is an opinion.

If you said the bolded statement was a fact, and the underlined statement was an opinion, you were right! If you think the entire sentence was a fact, you are wrong, and are pretty much a lost cause.

Anyone who thinks 22-50 is not crappy needs to go back to school

Time to test what you should have learned by now. Is what you just wrote a fact, or opinion.

You can knock off your crap by now. We get it. You love Mayhew. I dont really care. It is cool you accept mediocrity. If you want a mediocre life have at it.

You can keep following me around like a lost puppy dog. I enjoy the entertainment really

You clearly aren't reading my posts. I don't love Mayhew, I just don't think he should be fired yet either. I think him getting us to the playoffs last year has earned him the right to try to right the ship after this year's let down. If he doesn't improve and compete for a playoff spot I'll want him gone next year.

My entire point in this thread is that you have no idea what you're talking about when you call your opinions facts. Since you obviously haven't even come close to picking that up yet means you're a lost cause, and that is too bad because that is something every third grader should have on lock down.

Team Stylish

Thanks to Smack for the sig!
detfan782004

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

It's not opinion. It's fact. Numbers don't lie. Who gives a rats arse about 0-16. You can't get worse. Using that as measuring stick is dumb

I can't believe you're really struggling with what is a fact and what is an opinion this much.

Just keep using 0-16 as measuring stick. It's cool. Accept mediocrity I don't care.

Numbers are numbers, not facts. It is a fact that his winning percentage is what it is. Weather it blows or not is your opinion of it. Before this last year the winning percentage wasn't much better but there was a lot more Mayhew love than there is right now.

Lions fans happy. Fords happy they don't have to improve team or coaches because tickets sell because Mayhew and his D effort is better then the F

Not sure what point you're trying to make here. I'm well aware of your opinions of how Mayhew has done.

You say his record does not suck. You have accepted crap because it is better then the other pile of crap. Still smells like crap, looks like crap but just a little less smelly. Rolling Eyes

I never said I was happy with his record. I simply called all of your "facts" what they actually were; opinions.

And winning % being crappy is a fact. Not sure how you can not understand facts.

You're still not grasping the difference between fact and opinion, I'll see if I can help you one last time.

If you said the bolded statement was a fact, and the underlined statement was an opinion, you were right! If you think the entire sentence was a fact, you are wrong, and are pretty much a lost cause.

Time to test what you should have learned by now. Is what you just wrote a fact, or opinion.

You can knock off your crap by now. We get it. You love Mayhew. I dont really care. It is cool you accept mediocrity. If you want a mediocre life have at it.

You can keep following me around like a lost puppy dog. I enjoy the entertainment really

You clearly aren't reading my posts. I don't love Mayhew, I just don't think he should be fired yet either. I think him getting us to the playoffs last year has earned him the right to try to right the ship after this year's let down. If he doesn't improve and compete for a playoff spot I'll want him gone next year.

My entire point in this thread is that you have no idea what you're talking about when you call your opinions facts. Since you obviously haven't even come close to picking that up yet means you're a lost cause, and that is too bad because that is something every third grader should have on lock down.

Funny because my third grader knows 22-50 is crap

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

Funny because my third grader knows 22-50 is crap

Does he know the difference between a fact and an opinion?

Team Stylish

studdogs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
studdogs wrote:

IIRC, 2010 the Lions were the only NFL team to lose money. I have not seen any reports since.

How much roughly?

That is interesting note

Glad they are losing with the product they are putting out. Still does not seem to be enough for them to make major moves.

Cheerleaders
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here is my opinion on the matter.

When you consider he started with a minor league roster, Mayhew's overall record is actually right on par with what one might expect.

However, as I nitpick how things are run more and more, I feel not only is it easier to turn over a horrible team into an average team, but I just don't feel the current staff is the right one to take us to the next level. Which would be perennial playoff contenders.

That is not to say they were not the right staff to take us from horrible to mediocre, they very well might have been. But I just don't see those aggressive moves to sure up glaring weaknesses that will have to be addressed to take us to that next step. making a .500 club is great from where we were, but it just isn't where I would like this team to stay.
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:

When you consider he started with a minor league roster, Mayhew's overall record is actually right on par with what one might expect.

However, as I nitpick how things are run more and more, I feel not only is it easier to turn over a horrible team into an average team, but I just don't feel the current staff is the right one to take us to the next level. Which would be perennial playoff contenders.

That is not to say they were not the right staff to take us from horrible to mediocre, they very well might have been. But I just don't see those aggressive moves to sure up glaring weaknesses that will have to be addressed to take us to that next step. making a .500 club is great from where we were, but it just isn't where I would like this team to stay.

I can see exactly what you're saying, and if next year we don't see significant improvement I'll probably be right there with you in that line of thinking.

Team Stylish

detfan782004

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:

That is not to say they were not the right staff to take us from horrible to mediocre, they very well might have been. But I just don't see those aggressive moves to sure up glaring weaknesses that will have to be addressed to take us to that next step. making a .500 club is great from

where we were, but it just isn't where I would like this team to stay.

I would agree if he got it to a .500 club but he hasn't

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

That is not to say they were not the right staff to take us from horrible to mediocre, they very well might have been. But I just don't see those aggressive moves to sure up glaring weaknesses that will have to be addressed to take us to that next step. making a .500 club is great from

Considering the parity of the league, a team that is 10 wins, then 4 wins, and how close how many of the games have been, yes I would consider this a .500 club. Which is always give or take a win or 2 because of that parity, but hovers in that area. I 100% believe that is what we are.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

Considering the parity of the league, a team that is 10 wins, then 4 wins, and how close how many of the games have been, yes I would consider this a .500 club. Which is always give or take a win or 2 because of that parity, but hovers in that area. I 100% believe that is what we are.

So dismissing his first years because?

Sorry those count regardless.

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

Well, I am judging him based on what he built, not what he inherited. That would just be......silly.
EhJae

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

studdogs wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
studdogs wrote:

How much roughly?

That is interesting note

Cheerleaders

Boom! Super Bowl here we are Laughing
#71 Riley Reiff
detfan782004

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

Well, I am judging him based on what he built, not what he inherited. That would just be......silly.

His first season he brought guys in. That record is his. Also considering he was on the staff previous he is at fault still

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

His first season he brought guys in. That record is his. Also considering he was on the staff previous he is at fault still

If you think that is fair to blame Mayhew for what Millen did - the most infamous GM in history for not listening to anyone - then that is your prerogative. I feel it is incredibly unfair. The actions of a "hater"
stylish313

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything the Lions do is blah, until I actually see results.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: