Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

34 OLB's you'd sign off on at 6?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DawgSoldier


Joined: 30 Oct 2007
Posts: 5947
Location: Medina OH
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: 34 OLB's you'd sign off on at 6? Reply with quote

Me:

Moore: Obviously

Werner: Yeah I think he can do it

Mingo: On the fence on this one and want to see how he tests at the combine in LB drills. But I am warming up to the idea.

Montgomery: On the fence on this one and want to see how he tests at the combine in LB drills. No idea if the guy is a 34 OLB though.

Okafor: Had a very nice Bowl game followed by a very good Senior Bowl. His stock has some legit upward movement. I am curious though in how he tests in LB drills.

Ansah: He also had a very good senior bowl and may be a hybrid type player. He also has experience in BYU's 34 so that is a plus. He is very raw and I am VERY curious to see how he test's in LB drills at the combine. http://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2013ansah.php

Jones: I want NOTHING to do with due to his medical condition diagnosis.
His Spinal Stenoisis will get worse with age&contact. 2 Things unavoidable issues.

Jordan: Shoulder injury and weight issues per Dawgpoun8017 are spot on. I am also curious to see if he will bench. As well as how he tests at his new projected heavier weight.


Thoughts on these 8 guys? A response for each please.
_________________
The Dawgpounds new three headed monster!

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int


Last edited by DawgSoldier on Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:49 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 20918
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for fun sake...

Jordan?
_________________


IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12298
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Just for fun sake...

Jordan?



I can answer this for you... it will be about Shoulder injury and weight issue
_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 20918
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mingo - 6'5 240
Jordan 6'7 241

Both are fairly light in my eyes.

Yes, Jordan has the injury, but that doesn't effect my long term outlook on him.

All reports are he will be back by camp.
_________________


IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Reginaldm9


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 3782
Location: Kent State University
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want them in this order:
1. Damontre Moore
2. Dion Jordan
3. Ezekiel Ansah
4. Jarvis Jones

And a very distant 5 is Mingo.
_________________


Adopt-a-Brown: Joe Haden
Stats: 1 big fat pay day
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DawgSoldier


Joined: 30 Oct 2007
Posts: 5947
Location: Medina OH
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reginaldm9 wrote:
I want them in this order:
1. Damontre Moore
2. Dion Jordan
3. Ezekiel Ansah
4. Jarvis Jones

And a very distant 5 is Mingo.


Fogot Ansah Embarassed

Will edit the op.
_________________
The Dawgpounds new three headed monster!

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12298
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like ansah but I in no way can see a situation we take him at 6..
_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DawgSoldier


Joined: 30 Oct 2007
Posts: 5947
Location: Medina OH
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking for opinions all 8 guys folks, if you please.
_________________
The Dawgpounds new three headed monster!

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Reginaldm9


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 3782
Location: Kent State University
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
I like ansah but I in no way can see a situation we take him at 6..


Why not? The guy may not be JPP, but I think we can take a chance on him. If we grap two veteran DE/OLB's through FA, then I really think he could succeed.
_________________


Adopt-a-Brown: Joe Haden
Stats: 1 big fat pay day
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pnies20


Joined: 19 Dec 2007
Posts: 7226
Location: Nashville through Erie, PA
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moore is the only possibility.

The rest just don't have the star power.
_________________
2013 Browns Forum HOF Inductee

<3 JF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12298
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reginaldm9 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
I like ansah but I in no way can see a situation we take him at 6..


Why not? The guy may not be JPP, but I think we can take a chance on him. If we grap two veteran DE/OLB's through FA, then I really think he could succeed.



Just think he is more of a 20's prospect. Still really raw as a player,
_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dropkick_pride


Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 10805
Location: C-bus
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: 34 OLB's you'd sign off on at 6? Reply with quote

Pre combine....

Moore
Jones
Jordan
Mingo

The rest I would not consider at this point.

Very early and all have flaws... We shall which OLBs stick as top teir potential.
_________________


Last edited by Dropkick_pride on Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12298
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: 34 OLB's you'd sign off on at 6? Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
Me:

Moore: Obviously

Werner: Yeah I think he can do it

Mingo: On the fence on this one and want to see how he tests at the combine in LB drills. But I am warming up to the idea.

Montgomery: On the fence on this one and want to see how he tests at the combine in LB drills. No idea if the guy is a 34 OLB though.

Okafor: Had a very nice Bowl game followed by a very good Senior Bowl. His stock has some legit upward movement. I am curious though in how he tests in LB drills.

Ansah: He also had a very good senior bowl and may be a hybrid type player. He also has experience in BYU's 34 so that is a plus. He is very raw and I am VERY curious to see how he test's in LB drills at the combine. http://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2013ansah.php

Jones: I want NOTHING to do with due to his medical condition diagnosis.
His Spinal Stenoisis will get worse with age&contact. 2 Things unavoidable issues.

Jordan: Shoulder injury and weight issues per Dawgpoun8017 are spot on. I am also curious to see if he will bench. As well as how he tests at his new projected heavier weight.


Thoughts on these 8 guys? A response for each please.


Moore
Jordan
Okafor
Mingo
Jones
Ansah
Werner
Monty
_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
candyman93


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 42390
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reginaldm9 wrote:
I want them in this order:
1. Damontre Moore
2. Dion Jordan
3. Ezekiel Ansah
4. Jarvis Jones

And a very distant 5 is Mingo.


Great minds think alike

I approve
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 20918
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Reginaldm9 wrote:
I want them in this order:
1. Damontre Moore
2. Dion Jordan
3. Ezekiel Ansah
4. Jarvis Jones

And a very distant 5 is Mingo.


Great minds think alike

I approve


Take Jones off and I agree lol


Actually

The only 2 i'd even CONSIDER at 6 are Moore and Jordan.

I think we end up with Milliner anyways.

We always miss on our guys.

Starand Moore will be gone.
_________________


IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group