Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Time to stir the pot! Trade DQ to a 43 team.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DawgSoldier


Joined: 30 Oct 2007
Posts: 5947
Location: Medina OH
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Time to stir the pot! Trade DQ to a 43 team. Reply with quote

It's what the Texans did with Demarco Ryans BTW.

The got a 4th from Philly.

I don't know what DQ's market value is to a 43 team but I would definitely target Dallas as they are Switching from the 34.

Maybe a player for player swap depending on who is involved?

Ether way Jackson SUCKED at stacking and shedding in the 34. I don't think age has made him better at it.

To me this is a sell now proposition as his value isn't going to increase in the 34.
_________________
The Dawgpounds new three headed monster!

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
bulldog


Joined: 18 Nov 2008
Posts: 5845
Location: Salem
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many threads do you have to make?

and to answer your question, no. I wouldn't trade him.

Stack and shedding wasn't his strong point, but he got swallowed by OL b/c of the amount of suck around him before.
_________________
2013 First Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DawgSoldier


Joined: 30 Oct 2007
Posts: 5947
Location: Medina OH
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
How many threads do you have to make?

and to answer your question, no. I wouldn't trade him.

Stack and shedding wasn't his strong point, but he got swallowed by OL b/c of the amount of suck around him before.


If the mods have an issue with any thread they have never been shy about shutting them down. So I don't see your point.

As for your comments. I would disagree totally. DQ sucked because he doesn't belong in a 34 as he lacks the physicality to play the position.

It's why he thrived in the 43. So why wouldn't you trade him after acknowledging his SUCK in the 34?
_________________
The Dawgpounds new three headed monster!

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
buno67


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 31943
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
How many threads do you have to make?

and to answer your question, no. I wouldn't trade him.

Stack and shedding wasn't his strong point, but he got swallowed by OL b/c of the amount of suck around him before.


yeah what he said. Yes DQ played well in the 3/4 when we had it a couple years ago but DQ couldnt stay healthy because the opposing OLs were killing him. The main reason he was getting so beat up is because our DL kinda sucked and we never had any playmakers playing OLB.

This time around DQ will have a lot better DL in front of him with Rubin, Taylor, Wynn, and others. I feel like Sheard can make a good OLB and that we will draft another OLB who will be our playmaker defender with #6
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 21509
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DS

Re-assign some of your posting time to FFMD.

Wink

Please!
_________________


IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DawgSoldier


Joined: 30 Oct 2007
Posts: 5947
Location: Medina OH
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
bulldog wrote:
How many threads do you have to make?

and to answer your question, no. I wouldn't trade him.

Stack and shedding wasn't his strong point, but he got swallowed by OL b/c of the amount of suck around him before.


yeah what he said. Yes DQ played well in the 3/4 when we had it a couple years ago but DQ couldnt stay healthy because the opposing OLs were killing him. The main reason he was getting so beat up is because our DL kinda sucked and we never had any playmakers playing OLB.

This time around DQ will have a lot better DL in front of him with Rubin, Taylor, Wynn, and others. I feel like Sheard can make a good OLB and that we will draft another OLB who will be our playmaker defender with #6


DQ had Rubin and Rogers in front of him. DQ will still have Rubin in front of him. The OLB's have nothing to do with DQ' ability to play the middle.

It all has to to do with the NT. And that is the same as it was before.
_________________
The Dawgpounds new three headed monster!

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
bulldog


Joined: 18 Nov 2008
Posts: 5845
Location: Salem
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
bulldog wrote:
How many threads do you have to make?

and to answer your question, no. I wouldn't trade him.

Stack and shedding wasn't his strong point, but he got swallowed by OL b/c of the amount of suck around him before.


If the mods have an issue with any thread they have never been shy about shutting them down. So I don't see your point.

As for your comments. I would disagree totally. DQ sucked because he doesn't belong in a 34 as he lacks the physicality to play the position.

It's why he thrived in the 43. So why wouldn't you trade him after acknowledging his SUCK in the 34?


I guess the multiple threads are becoming a personal frustration. Nothing is wrong with it. Like you other OLB thread, we have how many where the same topic is being discussed?? 3 or 4 maybe. I know you already have a draft thread for multiple positions, same thing. Just venting. Nothing personal.

I never acknowledged him sucking in the 34. The players around him sucked. He's not great at shedding, I realize that, thats why he needs to be a Buck, and not the Mike.

Larry Foote, Navarro Bowman, Daryl washington, and Bruce carter are all guys that are undersized or not good at shedding that have had success playin in the 34. But they play the Buck, not the Mike.

I've posted the players that DQ played beside his first three years in the league, they are turibad. (I can't find that post now).

DQ would look much better with this DL and a true Mike playing beside him (Gocong)
_________________
2013 First Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bulldog


Joined: 18 Nov 2008
Posts: 5845
Location: Salem
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
bulldog wrote:
How many threads do you have to make?

and to answer your question, no. I wouldn't trade him.

Stack and shedding wasn't his strong point, but he got swallowed by OL b/c of the amount of suck around him before.


If the mods have an issue with any thread they have never been shy about shutting them down. So I don't see your point.

As for your comments. I would disagree totally. DQ sucked because he doesn't belong in a 34 as he lacks the physicality to play the position.

It's why he thrived in the 43. So why wouldn't you trade him after acknowledging his SUCK in the 34?


I guess the multiple threads are becoming a personal frustration. Nothing is wrong with it. Like you other OLB thread, we have how many where the same topic is being discussed?? 3 or 4 maybe. I know you already have a draft thread for multiple positions, same thing. Just venting. Nothing personal.

I never acknowledged him sucking in the 34. The players around him sucked. He's not great at shedding, I realize that, thats why he needs to be a Buck, and not the Mike.

Larry Foote, Navarro Bowman, Daryl washington, and Bruce carter are all guys that are undersized or not good at shedding that have had success playin in the 34. But they play the Buck, not the Mike.

I've posted the players that DQ played beside his first three years in the league, they are turibad. (I can't find that post now).

DQ would look much better with this DL and a true Mike playing beside him (Gocong)


Found it.

bulldog wrote:
DQ was drafted in 2006. This is what the rest of the defensive front 7 looked like that we was playing with. I'm going to include "stops" for each LB after their name, just to paint a picture, but I can only do this for 2008.

2006
DE- Alvin McKinley
NT- Ted Washington
DE- Orpheus Roye
OLB- Kam Wimbley
MLB- DQ
MLB- Andra Davis
OLB- Willie McGinest

2007
DE- Robaire Smith
NT- Shaun Smith
DE- Orpheus Roye
OLB- Kam Wimbley
MLB- DQ
MLB- Andra Davis
OLB- Willie McGinest

2008
DE- Corey Williams
NT- Shaun Rogers
DE- Shaun Smith
OLB- Kam Wimbley (27)
MLB- DQ (55)
MLB- Andra Davis (34)
OLB- Willie McGinest (33)

My point? DQ was surrounded by a bunch of crap the last time he played in a 34. Even with all that crap around him, in 2008, DQ ranked 17th among ALL inside LB's in run stop %.

_________________
2013 First Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bulldog


Joined: 18 Nov 2008
Posts: 5845
Location: Salem
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, blind hated for Jackson.

He's not a thumper, get over it. The guy produces. Period.
_________________
2013 First Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buno67


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 31943
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
buno67 wrote:
bulldog wrote:
How many threads do you have to make?

and to answer your question, no. I wouldn't trade him.

Stack and shedding wasn't his strong point, but he got swallowed by OL b/c of the amount of suck around him before.


yeah what he said. Yes DQ played well in the 3/4 when we had it a couple years ago but DQ couldnt stay healthy because the opposing OLs were killing him. The main reason he was getting so beat up is because our DL kinda sucked and we never had any playmakers playing OLB.

This time around DQ will have a lot better DL in front of him with Rubin, Taylor, Wynn, and others. I feel like Sheard can make a good OLB and that we will draft another OLB who will be our playmaker defender with #6


DQ had Rubin and Rogers in front of him. DQ will still have Rubin in front of him. The OLB's have nothing to do with DQ' ability to play the middle.

It all has to to do with the NT. And that is the same as it was before.


yeah but how many plays did Rodgers take off? he was a very lazy NT. We saw flashes of Rodgers greatness but he only did that once or twice a game. If he was lazy when it came to making himself look good, how lazy do you think he was when it came to keeping guards off of our MLB? I also say Rubin is better now than when he played in the 3/4.

yes the OLB do, because it would alter the entire blocking scheme. If you have some stud OLBs in a 3/4 they are going to need to get attention. Most likely they will be more concern with the OLB coming off the edge, so you can see the tackle and guard working together to pick up a blitz, on design plays.

in a 3/4 its the 5 offensive linemen against the 3 down men and the 4 LBs. the Guards and Tackles have to prepare for everything. If you have a OLB who plays the run extremely well they would have keys and protections to help take away that players impact. When it comes to a 3/4, a guards blocking responsabilities can very weekly.

I when I played guard in college and we played a 3/4 defense who had some nasty OLBs a lot of our scheme was. The Center was 1on1 with the NT. and as guards are point of attack went to DE incase he crossed the tackles face, if the DE didnt cross over, the next point of attack was the OLB, and if the OLB went outside/took himself out of the play the last read was the MLB. that was for run plays. When it came to passing plays, It was the same, if the DE rushed inside the G took the DE and the OT looked for the OLB, if the DE rushed the tackle than as the G our eyes went to the OLB, than it went to MLB. the RB stayed in to pick up the first man who shows up the middle. When we played a team with nasty MLBs the schemes changed to going DE to MLB to OLB. It changed our scheme but it changed the RBs pass blocking. If the MLB wasnt coming it told the RB to leak out of the backfield because it means the Gs have the OLBs and the RBs could fill the OLB void and pick up easy points.

Having great OLB can take pressure off of the MLB by altering blocking schemes. Ive seen Von Miller destory quite a few guards the past couple season when they were suppose to pick him. Guard and Tackle were meant to pick up the DE/OLB first and foremost

also if we have stud OLBs, we dont need DQ to be getting nosey and have him be coverage guys on certain plays while we blitz our OLB on inside stunts too.

IMO the 3/4 its all about the OLB. If you dont have good OLB you will struggle as a defense
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12373
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DQ Could be utilized in the same sense that Horton used Daryl Washington imo
_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FEARtheELF


Joined: 26 Jan 2008
Posts: 5813
Location: THE Ohio State University
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) We would not get the value DQ gives us in return

2) DQ >>> Ryans

3) We dont have anyone else who can be a play maker at ILB

4) Jackson has 3-4 experience

5) DQ is a Brown and its nice to have a vet on the team to get this young guys to stick around as well
_________________

stallyns wrote:
I don't remember much before Football's Future.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
bruceb


Joined: 15 Dec 2006
Posts: 7085
Location: Rocky River, OH
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think DQ is as bad as the haters say or as good as the lovers say, and that's just it: He ain't HOF, probably isn't at the top of his position, in either defense.

I do not think we could get value for him but if we could I would take it in a heartbeat.
_________________
Everything happens exactly the way it is supposed to happen...otherwise, it would happen some other way
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
CleBrowns07


Joined: 12 Dec 2006
Posts: 4625
Location: Willoughby
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you're failing to see is DQ's impact on this team mentally. Guys look to him as the vocal leader of not only the defense but the whole team. DQ is a great guy to have in the locker room ESPECIALLY with the coaching change the Browns are going through. If we took a deal like the Texans made with Ryan I would be beyond irate. And as the posters above me have mentioned, DQ will greatly benefit from having better linemen in front of him to soak up blockers. Keep the man.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bruceb


Joined: 15 Dec 2006
Posts: 7085
Location: Rocky River, OH
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CleBrowns07 wrote:
What you're failing to see is DQ's impact on this team mentally. Guys look to him as the vocal leader of not only the defense but the whole team. DQ is a great guy to have in the locker room ESPECIALLY with the coaching change the Browns are going through. If we took a deal like the Texans made with Ryan I would be beyond irate. And as the posters above me have mentioned, DQ will greatly benefit from having better linemen in front of him to soak up blockers. Keep the man.


I know all that. Read a lot of his (and others' of him) quotes. I like him.

I just think of his impact on the team relative to Ray Lewis's on his team and DQ comes up way short.

He's a hometown piece. If we could trade him for value, I would.
_________________
Everything happens exactly the way it is supposed to happen...otherwise, it would happen some other way
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group