Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sonic Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama Reply with quote

Possible 1st Round Pick at No.3 This Year: Alabama CB Dee Milliner

Quote:
Over this past season, one thing stood out to me after finishing my recordings of the game: Inconsistant Conerbacks.

Thats why i like the idea of drafting Alabama DB Dee Milliner at the No.3 spot in the 1st round. Why you say when Star Lotulelei could still be on the table? Look at our CB's this year, we were destroyied when it came to our CB's. We were so banged up that Huff had to move over and make plays. After watching some clips of Milliner over the season i think he can be a diamond in the rough pick at no.3, some say it could be a reach, but as of right now he is the best CB in the draft. Comparing our Int's with the rest of the league the top team had more than double our teams INT's but we were not the lowest, but we got burned alot when it came to big plays, Milliner has the shutdown corner ability in him and has the drive and the ability to stop big plays, and he is a deep cover threat. this is just my opinion right now, it can change in the future and im sorry for the short post im low on time right now lol

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2013/1/28/3926698/possible-1st-round-pick-at-no-3-this-year-alabama-cb-dee-milliner
Raiiiiidersssss

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets assume for a second that he'll instantly be a top 5-10 corner if we draft him in the first.

Remember when we had Nnamdi? He was the best, and our defense was still terrible.

I think we need to build the trenches
dante9876

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jtagg is going to blow this thread up. But I agree with him, you dont waste a 3rd on a corner unless he is Deion Sanders or Darell Green in the making. with a good pass rush you can have above average corners back there and get the job done.
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Milliner, but i wish we could trade down a bit and get him. We do NEED corners.
macklemore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
Lets assume for a second that he'll instantly be a top 5-10 corner if we draft him in the first.

Remember when we had Nnamdi? He was the best, and our defense was still terrible.

I think we need to build the trenches

alot of that had to do with the scheme we ran.

you could add J.J. Watt to this defense and we would still suck, we need more than one player.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be okay with milliner, but only with a trade down.
macklemore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
with a good pass rush you can have above average corners back there and get the job done.

au contraire mon frère, with a good cb's and an above average pass-rush, the job will get done.

both are needed.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
with a good pass rush you can have above average corners back there and get the job done.

au contraire mon frère, with a good cb's and an above average pass-rush, the job will get done.

both are needed.

Which is true but more often than not teams that are great up front defensively and average in the secondary are better than teams that are average in the trenches and great in the secondary.

Games are won and lost in the trenches and so it'd make much more sense to address our non exsistent pass rush and find a NT early in the draft and address our secondary later on and through free agency and trade.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
macklemore wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

both are needed.

Which is true but more often than not teams that are great up front defensively and average in the secondary are better than teams that are average in the trenches and great in the secondary.

Games are won and lost in the trenches and so it'd make much more sense to address our non exsistent pass rush and find a NT early in the draft and address our secondary later on and through free agency and trade.

Agreed, Strong DL > Strong DBs. I really don't think we 'need' to find a NT early in the draft though.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
Chali21

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
macklemore wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

both are needed.

Agreed, Strong DL > Strong DBs. I really don't think we 'need' to find a NT early in the draft though.

I don't think Mack is saying DBs vs D line. What he's saying is you need both in the league. If we go defensive how about this:

We trade down to like 10 or 15 pick up a second.
In the first we select ansah and in the second we select poyer.

To birds, one stone. Because this draft is pretty deep with players we need like DBs NTs Gs. I think if we trade back we can really improve any area of or team.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

both are needed.

Realistically, how long can a CB cover a WR? If the rush can't get to the QB by the time that limit is hit, both are useless, right? There are "coverage sacks" but not nearly enough to qualify CBs as valuable as a pass rush in terms of one affecting the other.

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Milner at 3 would be an Al Davis pick..... terrible.

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just realized this is "C-Ram" typing this and very poorly. I thought this was someone with credibility from the organization. Nevermind then.

PM sig requests.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
macklemore wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

both are needed.

I don't think Mack is saying DBs vs D line. What he's saying is you need both in the league. If we go defensive how about this:

We trade down to like 10 or 15 pick up a second.
In the first we select ansah and in the second we select poyer.

To birds, one stone. Because this draft is pretty deep with players we need like DBs NTs Gs. I think if we trade back we can really improve any area of or team.

DL is still more important though. I agree that they are both needed, but if I get a chance at a top 2 CB or top 5 DE, I go DE.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
oakdb36

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

both are needed.

Both are needed but in this case we're in position to add ONE player and the pass rusher will be able to make a bigger impact than ONE CB right away. Neither would be enough on their own though.
I don't think Milliner is good enough to be a top 5 pick anyway.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: