Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bengals sign former Bills, Jets LB Aaron Maybin
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Bengals sign former Bills, Jets LB Aaron Maybin Reply with quote

Quote:
#Bengals announce signing of free agent LB Aaron Maybin, a first-round draft pick of Bills in 2009 who spent last 2 years with the Jets.

http://twitter.com/Bengals/statuses/294866162238496768
Tom Brady Tribute
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good lord, can't we just let this guy not be in the NFL where he belongs.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
green24

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thy better hope he can recapture his 2011 magic.
fluhartz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zero risk....meh

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bengals love former first round picks. Almost our entire secondary is former first round picks: Leon Hall, Adam Jones, Terence Newman, Reggie Nelson, Nate Clements...
CantStop85.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if anyone can get this guy to live up to his potential, it's Mike Zimmer.
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Bengals love former first round picks. Almost our entire secondary is former first round picks: Leon Hall, Adam Jones, Terence Newman, Reggie Nelson, Nate Clements...

Yeah, good thing is that Zimmer and the DB coach maximizes the talent out of former picks.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

Yeah, good thing is that Zimmer and the DB coach maximizes the talent out of former picks.

It is. Maybin is an odd fit though. We like our DE's around 280 lbs. Maybin is what 240? 250 now maybe?

Really hope we don't try to make him a 4-3 OLB...
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaron Maybin is still only 24-years old, quite surprising.
Tom Brady Tribute
green24

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:

That's nothing compared to Mike Tannenbaum's infatuation with former first round picks. Practically every vet the Jets ever acquired under him was a former first rounder.
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like Zimmer is going to recreate every bust until he gets a HC job. Laughing

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

That's nothing compared to Mike Tannenbaum's infatuation with former first round picks. Practically every vet the Jets ever acquired under him was a former first rounder.

I don't know, I think we take the cake on signing former firsts. At least on the defensive side. Just on the defensive side last year we had the following at one point: Manny Lawson, Jamaal Anderson, Derek Harvey, Adam Jones, Terence Newman, Nate Clements and Reggie Nelson...
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
green24 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

I don't know, I think we take the cake on signing former firsts. At least on the defensive side. Just on the defensive side last year we had the following at one point: Manny Lawson, Jamaal Anderson, Derek Harvey, Adam Jones, Terence Newman, Nate Clements and Reggie Nelson...

We're pretty close on that. Tim Tebow, Santonio Holmes, Braylon Edwards, Plaxico Burress, Alan Faneca, Jason Smith, Damien Woody, Aaron Maybin, Calvin Pace, Antonio Cromartie, and LaRon Landry.

If Tannenbaum returned I guarantee we'd have gone after Jason Campbell and DeAngelo Williams to add to our collection of former first round picks Laughing

I wish Maybin the best of luck, but he completely disappeared this year. The guy just doesn't have the lateral agility to match the speed. He also has no pass rushing moves.
theJ

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiel612 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
green24 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

We're pretty close on that. Tim Tebow, Santonio Holmes, Braylon Edwards, Plaxico Burress, Alan Faneca, Jason Smith, Damien Woody, Aaron Maybin, Calvin Pace, Antonio Cromartie, and LaRon Landry.

If Tannenbaum returned I guarantee we'd have gone after Jason Campbell and DeAngelo Williams to add to our collection of former first round picks Laughing

I wish Maybin the best of luck, but he completely disappeared this year. The guy just doesn't have the lateral agility to match the speed. He also has no pass rushing moves.

Only difference is that the Bengals get good production out of the guys they sign. (with a few exceptions)

I like the signing. Small chance he makes the 2013 roster, but if he does it will be because he can help the pass rushing situation. Good news is that no one will key on him because Geno will always take the double teams.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
CJ4life

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't like him coming out of college, but if there's any place for a bust to re-start his career its going to be in Cincinnati. No risk, so I don't see why not for the Bengals.

driftwood wrote:
haggis wrote:
i bet if you had sould after he jumped a little cough here and there usually follow

lol, wait what?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: