Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

day off mock, not your typical mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fullback40

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ogletree is a beast. He is Lawrence Timmons but better in coverage...and timmons is good.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: day off mock, not your typical mock Reply with quote

Browns_Buckeyes wrote:

free agency-
WR
OG
OLB

the draft-
geno,
moore,
werner,
loeckel,
lotulelei,

we trade 6 to tampa bay for 13, and 43 so the bucs can get dee milner, pairing him up with mark barron making for scary secondary, losing talib hurt them alot

Im going to stop here... At this point, when you are sitting in the draft room, the biggest need BY FAR on the browns roster is CB. The BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE is Dee Milliner. Why you are trading down at this point I have no idea, other than simply wanting to add a "name" that you like. This looks like a trade made by a TB fan...

You dont address CB till "134. Tyrann Mathieu- CB" which is a complete FAIL.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drafting milner is the obvious pick, i wanted to do something different, on a side note im suprised the big posters on here liked this like they did very nice

dawg24 with this sweet sig

dqwell jackson> ray lewis.

Cleveland is my city, and i LOVE IT!
dawgpound1816

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just looking at this with your mindset of a trade down. 2 things I would change. I don't mind Ogletree, but watching him over the last 2 years and the lack of size and block shedding/strength.....I would be more inclined to take Manti Teo at ILB. As someone stated earlier....Ogletree has the athleticism to be better transitioned as an OLB.

After that....I wouldn't even breath on Amendola or he might get hurt. I would try and find a way to get let's say a Keenan Lewis or Cary Williams type as the #2 corner. That way the Browns will keep Haden here forever and others to be resigned next offseason.

That's just by going with your trade down.

On another note of Ogletree. He penetrates well enough when untouched, but has issues when he can't utilize his athleticism. He would be way better coming off the edge with his speed. In the middle....IMO....he's more like a DQ Jackson instead of a Timmons. DQ needs protected more so than Timmons.....and with his athletic ability he would fit in great in Chicago with that Tampa 2 style defense.

R.I.P. Brother Crakburn - Never Bark in the Dark Brother Crakburn....For all of us Dawgs will be barking to the heavens for you.
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much agree with 1816 here. Not a fan of Ogletree unless you're drafting him to play OLB.

I mean, if you're going to draft a guy whose primary responsibility is going to be to take on blockers, shouldn't you get someone who is good at that? Ogletree is not.

The ILB spot next to DQ is the deepest LB spot of the 4. Gocong, Johnson and Fort are very capable of filling in there. Drafting a guy with our first pick to play there just doesn't make any sense to me.

Free Agency is a little wack as well. Levitre is the only good signing, IMO. Amendola is an injury risk, and we already have a younger, healthier version of him on our roster (Cooper). Spencer is going to command a big salary, but has never played the position we need him to play (ROLB). Count me out on those two.

Jefferson is a good pick. I'm hesitatnt to throw a 2nd round rookie into a starting safety role, but it seemed to work out OK for TJ Ward.

Porter is a great depth pick that could eventually start. The more OLBs, the merrier.

If Jordan Reed is a Aaron Hernandez clone, then this pick is a steal. If he's a Martin Rucker clone, it's awful.

The rest of your draft I really like, although I'm not sure Barner will be there that late. I'd rather have a UDFA RB for a 3rd RB who will never see the ball anyway, and use the draft pick on LB or DB depth.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: