Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ray Horton Intro Press Conference
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Ray Horton Intro Press Conference Reply with quote

I just thought it would be relevant to discuss any take-aways people had from the press conference that happened earlier today.
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/01/cleveland_browns_introduce_ray.html

The biggest thing I took away is that Horton is going to play to our defensive players' strengths, and not take a "Come hell or high water we're running a ____ scheme" like Shurmur did with the West Coast.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Ray Horton Intro Press Conference Reply with quote

BwickBrownie wrote:
I just thought it would be relevant to discuss any take-aways people had from the press conference that happened earlier today.
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/01/cleveland_browns_introduce_ray.html

The biggest thing I took away is that Horton is going to play to our defensive players' strengths, and not take a "Come hell or high water we're running a ____ scheme" like Shurmur did with the West Coast.

The sign of intelligence

Thank god

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really loving this staff
BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Really loving this staff

Agreed.... it sucks (at this point) that we might lose him after only a year, but it seems like Chud / Horton are already preparing for that reality and might be grooming a replacement. Did Horton bring anyone with him that would know is coaching style and could take over in his absence?
FEARtheELF

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How sick would it be if Chud, Norv and Horton just develop a sick relationship and team and all stay.....I just dont want Horton to leave Laughing

stallyns wrote:
I don't remember much before Football's Future.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BwickBrownie wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Really loving this staff

Agreed.... it sucks (at this point) that we might lose him after only a year, but it seems like Chud / Horton are already preparing for that reality and might be grooming a replacement. Did Horton bring anyone with him that would know is coaching style and could take over in his absence?

I mean Technically he is under contract for 4 years we could be a big Richard and not allow ppl to talk to him
BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
BwickBrownie wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Really loving this staff

I mean Technically he is under contract for 4 years we could be a big Richard and not allow ppl to talk to him

Yeah, that's definitely true, but I'm sure given how upset Horton was that he didnt get a gig this year, he probably came in with the understanding that he would have the chance to move on if he's offered a chance to HC somewhere. I can't imagine he would be too happy if the Browns denied him that opportunity.
fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
BwickBrownie wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Really loving this staff

Not if he is interviewing as a HC

Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
Bucketheadsdad

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to mention the fact that Roger Goodell might etch the "Rooney Rule" into a stone tablet and pound Jimmy Haslem over the head with it, should they attempt to prevent him from talking to other teams.

2014 1st Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award...#GETWELLERICBERRY! Adopt a Brownie 2014: Jabaal Sheard 37 tackles, 2 sacks
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
BwickBrownie wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Really loving this staff

True, and I don't think he would be looking to go elsewhere in a lateral move anyway. But when the head coaching job presents itself, he is gone.
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
BwickBrownie wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Really loving this staff

True, and I don't think he would be looking to go elsewhere in a lateral move anyway. But when the head coaching job presents itself, he is gone.

Maybe or he could just be the current favorite Rooney rule guy.

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
BwickBrownie wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Really loving this staff

I think there's more than just the Rooney rule at play, i think he's a legitimately hot name given his success and personality. Soooo... if the Browns defense does what we're hoping for and excels this year (therefor providing another boost to his resume), I have very little doubt he'll get a shot, but if the defense is terrible this year, Browns fans will wish he was gone and try to run him out of town Wink...either way, we should just bask in the glow of his hiring now and dread next offseason!
boblight22

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BwickBrownie wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
BwickBrownie wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Really loving this staff

I think there's more than just the Rooney rule at play, i think he's a legitimately hot name given his success and personality. Soooo... if the Browns defense does what we're hoping for and excels this year (therefor providing another boost to his resume), I have very little doubt he'll get a shot, but if the defense is terrible this year, Browns fans will wish he was gone and try to run him out of town Wink...either way, we should just bask in the glow of his hiring now and dread next offseason!

Wow - so sad ...........
but 100% true.
elfman55

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on guy's if our D does well he will most likely be offered a HC position. We should be happy 1 of our cordinator is moving up, just means the BROWNS are moving up. Hopefully 1 of his assistants will be able to pick up the slack. Love the pick-up of Ray Horton & looking foward to the way we pay D under him.

elfman
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Ray Horton Intro Press Conference Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
BwickBrownie wrote:

The sign of intelligence

Thank god

IMO pretty ignorant to say that the other way is un-intelligent

as long as the team gets more than 2 years to fill the scheme with players that fit it, it should work

see Bill Walsh

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: