Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

First 4 Picks Could Be The Difference....
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RamFan23

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: First 4 Picks Could Be The Difference.... Reply with quote

I believe our first 4 picks this year are crucial and could be the difference between a 8-8 year and a 11-5 year. Here's my top 4.

Keenan Allen WR- Instant impact polished receiver needed to move the chains. Our points per game average goes up which will equal wins in certain games.

Alex Ogletree LB- Big, versatile, and fast. This is the kind of player needed to contain Wilson and Kaepernick twice a year. Points per game allowed decreases which will equal wins in certain games.

Jonathan Cooper OG/C- Wells can't stay on the field. Cooper can play Guard or Center. This stud lineman will improve our run game and passing resulting in more points.

Phillip Thomas FS- Underated ball hawking free safety that we need. Day one starter that can play the run as well. He and Ogeltree pay huge dividends in points allowed average helping us go 11-5.

Who's your top 4 and why?

Sig maker is RamsFan16

Last edited by RamFan23 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan of Phillip Thomas. Not sure what you're asking for here?

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chance Warmack- The man is a pro bowl gaurd already, probably the safest prospect in the entire class. Not to mention it is a need. If he is available its gotta be him, it makes too much sense.

Keenan Allen- I think after the whole pre-draft process he will be available at 22. He isnt the fastest guy in the world but he has elite skills in every other dept. Extremely polished route running and hands not to mention his quickness and YAC ability. Let Givens take the top off the defense and have Allen destroy underneath to mid range.

DJ Fluker- He would replace and do a much better job than Dahl at RG and could play RT in a pinch. Snead likes to load up at an area of weakness to make it a strength and OL could be that area this year.

Shawn Williams- I think the most complete package when it comes to Safety. Hes got good size pretty good speed can play any area on the field. Would make an upgrade over dahl or mikell.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
Wr80

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That seems good to me ... lol I actually love Allen, kid is a monster with no QB or really any other WR threat to target so he could be covered more. Yet he still put up 1900 yards. Great YAC threat and just an all around monster WR. I could see Terrance being a good WR too. Also, becoming a bigger Georgia fan with that defense. They really play old man's football well, and Ogletree is a fast beast LB that would really help our core.
RamFan23

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:

Who are the first 4 guys you would pick in the 2013 draft and why?

Am I missing something on Thomas? 6'1" 215. Led the nation in picks, tied for most take aways in the nation. Led his team in tackles with 82.

Sig maker is RamsFan16
California Ram

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Phillip Thomas all too well ill say this, this kid is no joke ! Whether or not anyone believes this , dnt really care he'll prove that him self yr one in the Pro's! What I love so much about him is that in today's NFL with all the hitting Violations and Penalties that Occur that's not what he is ( Big Hitter), what he is is a ballhawking safety with range a cover Abilities & for me I'd rather have Interceptions and passes defended/ batted then the Big Hit & risk of Penalties for big Chunks of yardage to keep the Opposing drives Alive ?..!! Perfect Free Safety for us !

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamFan23 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Who are the first 4 guys you would pick in the 2013 draft and why?

Am I missing something on Thomas? 6'1" 215. Led the nation in picks, tied for most take aways in the nation. Led his team in tackles with 82.

Ah. Couldn't figure out because i don't think ogletree will fall to our 2nd.

On Thomas, you don't need to give me the stats...doesn't matter to me. Watch the Oregon game. I'm still planning on watching a few more games of him but Thomas was so dreadful in that game that it really soured me on him.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
DerekBrink

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not a big fan of Allen yes he's very polished but he lacks the upside or explosion of many of the other receivers.

I'd rather have Patterson(yes bust potential and all), Wheaton, Hopkins or Austin.

As for my top 4

Chance Warmack- best player in this draft imo. Yes he'll likely go earlier but we all thought the same about DeCastro last year

Kenny Vaccaro- I love his coverage skills

Deandre Hopkins- he's ready to contribute right now and would fit in very well with our receivers

Jake Long- we need a RT. Long has the bloodlines and athletic ability
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I guess my current hope for our first 4 picks are (do not believe Warmack or Lane Johnson makes it to our picks, and this is based on that idea):

Matt Elam - Playmaking safety who lays the wood and, in my eyes, has all the skills to be a great FS. Lots of people like to say he doesn't have the coverage ability, but I don't believe that and have not seen it be proven. He played up in the box in college, but when asked to cover his man, he appears to have great man coverage

Terrance Williams - I just think he would make a world of difference to our WR core. Deep speed, fantastic hands, size.

Khaseem Greene - Best OLB in the draft IMO.

Brian Winters - Certainly will compete to start day 1.

Subject to daily fluctuations Laughing
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:

:

In a draft with Jarvis Jones, Dion Jordan, and Keke Mingo?
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:

:

In a draft with Jarvis Jones, Dion Jordan, and Keke Mingo?

Fine, I'll give you Jones. I'd rather Greene as a pure OLB then the other 2 personally.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
RamFan23

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
Ok, I guess my current hope for our first 4 picks are (do not believe Warmack or Lane Johnson makes it to our picks, and this is based on that idea):

Matt Elam - Playmaking safety who lays the wood and, in my eyes, has all the skills to be a great FS. Lots of people like to say he doesn't have the coverage ability, but I don't believe that and have not seen it be proven. He played up in the box in college, but when asked to cover his man, he appears to have great man coverage

Terrance Williams - I just think he would make a world of difference to our WR core. Deep speed, fantastic hands, size.

Very nice 4!

I've had some fluctuations. My new 4 are:

Mingo OLB- I think Fisher can stand him up and make him a star.

Patterson WR- Bigger version of Tavon Austin is exactly what we need.

B. Jones C/OG- Wells can't stay healthy.

Cyprien SS/FS- Day one starter.

Sig maker is RamsFan16
ctp2124

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamFan23 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:

Very nice 4!

I don't see it with Mingo. I usually gravitate towards prospects with his athleticism, but I don't think he would work at all as a 4-3 LB. I like Patterson. It seems like he is a prospect that you either love or hate and I do like him, but don't think I'd want him if Allen or Williams are on the board which I think one would be. I like Jones' value in the 2nd. Though Wells can stay healthy. Cyprien would be a smart pick in the 3rd.

Props to mike23md

Supporter of Mohammed Sanu and Lavonte David to the Rams
RamFan23

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctp2124 wrote:
RamFan23 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:

Very nice 4!

I don't see it with Mingo. I usually gravitate towards prospects with his athleticism, but I don't think he would work at all as a 4-3 LB. I like Patterson. It seems like he is a prospect that you either love or hate and I do like him, but don't think I'd want him if Allen or Williams are on the board which I think one would be. I like Jones' value in the 2nd. Though Wells can stay healthy. Cyprien would be a smart pick in the 3rd.

I was thinking that Mingo wouldn't fit too; however, after reading Drafttek's write up, it kind of made sense.

Prior to the short courtship of Rob Ryan as DC coming to a "thud" finish, the thought process was that the Rams would convert to a 3-4 and was lacking in pass-rushing OLBs. Well, now that Fisher has hired - Jauron (who will stay with Fisher's preferred 4-3), the old expression of "the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry" comes to mind. Mingo is a small but quick DE who will provide pressure as an additional rusher on obvious passing downs, but can he beat out either Chris Long or Robert Quinn to start? He may not have to, based on the contract situations of the Rams' linebacking corps . . . a SAM position might not be out of the question, as Fisher has done some funky things with defensive alignments (did anybody say "46" defense?) and might utilize him in that capacity. I sure would like to be a fly on the wall in the St. Louis Draft Room this April.

Sig maker is RamsFan16
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly don't see Mingo being a 4-3 OLB. 3-4, sure.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: