Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

trent riichardson vs eddie lacey

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Browns_Buckeyes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: trent riichardson vs eddie lacey Reply with quote

if you watch their film or highlight tapes they look very similar, powerful, shifty but trent is a bit quicker, im wondering your guys comparisons and why trent was so much higher touted than lacey

dawg24 with this sweet sig

dqwell jackson> ray lewis.

Cleveland is my city, and i LOVE IT!
candyman93

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lacey has a better spin move but it's not as good as Montarios. Trent has a stronger burst
NickZambo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is like comparing Ray Rice vs LeGarrett Blount

Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012
Productiondawg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZambo wrote:
This is like comparing Ray Rice vs LeGarrett Blount

I respect your opinions so I'm just asking you to elaborate more. To me Blount is a 6 foot 247 pounder with 4.58 speed and Rice is a 5'8" 212 pounder with 4.42 speed. Lacy is 6'1" 220 with 4.44 speed and TRich is 5'9" 230 pounds with 4.45 speed. They both have goo burst and trucking ability.

I guess I just don't see them as being as far off as Blount and Rice. I also don't see the character diversity of a Ray Rice and Legarret Blount. So again just elaborate more on that one so I can see what you see.

Season tickets, section 315, since 06
See you in the Muni with the Tailgate DJs
buckeye00

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lacy does not have 4.44 everyone has him running in the 4.53 range. Richardson had better burst, top end speed, vision, agility, balance, strength and leg drive. Lacy has to slow down much more than Richardson did to make a sharp cut. Richardson also strung together moves much better than Lacy. He also had to deal with stacked boxes much more because of McCaron's lack of ability his sophomore year. All Lacy really has on him is the spin move. And I like Lacy as a prospect this year, but Richardson was far superior in about every category.

Part of it is also this years running back group is much deeper than last year. Last year the only starting caliber backs coming into the draft were Martin, Richardson, and Wilson, but we all know now that Morris is also starting caliber.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One Word:

ELUSIVENESS.

Trent Has This.

Eddy Does Not.
kelbot

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trent is more elusive and has far better hands and protection skills.

From a ball in their hands perspective, they're not that different.
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lacy = Derrick Ward/Shonn Green
buno67

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah TRich was a every down kind of back. He had all the abilities you want in a RB. Speed, burst, strength, blocking, and catching. If this was baseball he would be a 5tool player.

I would also say the offensive line Lacy played behind was a lot better then TRich. Also helped that Lacy played with a better QB. AJ McCarron was a different QB this year than last year. Last year AJ McCarron managed games and Bama rode TRich, this past year AJ McCarron went out and won games for them.

Im not gonna lie I really liked how AJ McCarron improved this year. I wouldnt mind drafting him as a project QB when he comes out. Good size, good brain, good arm, and good experience. He could have a great comfort level in playing with TRich again too. Also if Chud sucks and the Browns have to go after a coach, possibly could get Saban having two of his best offensive bama players lol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: