Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pick No. 5: Eric Fisher vs Defense

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karnage_84

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Pick No. 5: Eric Fisher vs Defense Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I was finally able to remember my login info but I've been reading everyones mock drafts and comments.

I'd like to know what you guys think about Detroit taking Tackle Eric Fisher of CMU with the no.5 pick if he's available.

Gosder may not be an option to return next season and Stafford has shown he has the tools to be a potentialy elite QB (despite a down season last year) if he can stay on the field. Backus may retire or be released, leaving a potential need at Tackle. I've been watching the Senior Bowl practices/game and really have been left with the impression that Fisher is an elite prospect. A bookend of Fisher/Reiff could really do wonders for this offense.

What do you guys think? It feels good to be back.
DrRay11

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisher is my number 1a or 1b offensive prospect with Joeckel.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still very firmly in the defensive corner. Specifically Moore or Werner.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather have Warmack. I think he is safer and has a higher upside.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
detfan782004

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
I would rather have Warmack. I think he is safer and has a higher upside.

while I do not want either Warmack for sure the safer pick at 5

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
LionsFan630

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would not be opposed to taking Fisher. I mean obviously defense is a bigger need but Lions don't draft according to biggest need, they go for BPA.

Can definitely see Fisher being considered BPA at 5.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't hate taking Fisher, but I wouldn't love it either. It'd be nice to have our OTs set for the next 10 years, but I feel like at least for this season it would be a pretty much lateral move that won't improve the team much.

If I had to take an OL though, I agree with Slim, I'd rather go Warmack.

Overall though, I'm still on the DE/S/CB bandwagon (in that order).
Karnage_84

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JSMcTilty wrote:
I wouldn't hate taking Fisher, but I wouldn't love it either. It'd be nice to have our OTs set for the next 10 years, but I feel like at least for this season it would be a pretty much lateral move that won't improve the team much.

If the Lions stick hard and fast to their BPA draft strategy, which DE/S/CB do you feel would be considered BPA over a guy like Fisher at the number 5 spot? I haven't seen a ton of these guys yet, but hard to tell if Moore or Werner would fit the bill and I just can't see Detroit taking Warmack at #5. Jones is too much of a question mark with his health concerns and Vaccaro may be best player to fit a need but on a pure BPA basis, I don't see it.
1King

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would depend on who else is available, but my feeling would range from okay with it to love it. Coincidentally, my next mock that I am working on has us taking Fisher.

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
Karnage_84

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
It would depend on who else is available, but my feeling would range from okay with it to love it. Coincidentally, my next mock that I am working on has us taking Fisher.

I'm looking forward to seeing this mock.

I'm not advocating Fisher, however, after a solid Senior Bowl week I really wanted to see what the thoughts are of the group if the Lions decided to go that route.

I have a hard time seeing Detroit bring back Avril at the price tag he's going to ask for. I'm also not convinced that Reiff is our long-term solution at LT, especially if a player like Fisher is available. This could be like how we took Suh and Fairley in back to back drafts. Make a strength even stronger.
detroitroar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id have no problem taking Fisher. Im not buying that hes as good as Joeckel, but I do think he is a better LT prospect than Reif was last year, whatever thats worth. If I had to make a big board right now, Fisher might crack the top 5.

2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Joe Lombardi
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: James Ihedigbo
Karnage_84

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detroitroar wrote:
Id have no problem taking Fisher. Im not buying that hes as good as Joeckel, but I do think he is a better LT prospect than Reif was last year, whatever thats worth. If I had to make a big board right now, Fisher might crack the top 5.

I definitely get the feeling that Fisher will break Top 10 and likely a target in Top 5. He's one of the great prospects that could allow us to trade down.
DrRay11

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karnage_84 wrote:
detroitroar wrote:

I definitely get the feeling that Fisher will break Top 10 and likely a target in Top 5. He's one of the great prospects that could allow us to trade down.

I agree. This is my hope.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karnage_84 wrote:
JSMcTilty wrote:

If the Lions stick hard and fast to their BPA draft strategy, which DE/S/CB do you feel would be considered BPA over a guy like Fisher at the number 5 spot? I haven't seen a ton of these guys yet, but hard to tell if Moore or Werner would fit the bill and I just can't see Detroit taking Warmack at #5. Jones is too much of a question mark with his health concerns and Vaccaro may be best player to fit a need but on a pure BPA basis, I don't see it.

As an overall player, it would be close between Fisher and Werner (who I admit, I'm higher on then most here). Moore would be pretty close too, but I haven't been as impressed with him in the film I've seen. However, since BPA does take into account positional value, I think that gives the edge to the DE.

Jones, depending on his medical evaluations, could go anywhere from top 5 to falling into the 2nd round (ala Da'Quan Bowers). But that's info we don't have, so I'll just have to trust the team if they determine he's not a risk.

I agree with you on CB and S though. Millner's obviously the top of the class but I dont know how I'd feel taking him in the Top 10. Vaccarro, I like him, but I don't really know if he's head and shoulders that much better than the rest of a very deep safety class.

I agree with you on Warmack too, he's probably the best player at his position in this draft, but they wont take a guard that high.

So really, I guess I should've just said I want a DE lol. But I guess the good thing is that when you're picking at #5, you pretty much have you're pick of the litter and more often then not you'll walk away with a pretty good player.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: