Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A Mock In The Dark - 5 RDs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karnage_84

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: A Mock In The Dark - 5 RDs Reply with quote

I have been playing a bit of catch up when it comes to prospects but I figured that I would give this a shot. I've been browsing several mocks to get an idea on draft round projections.

*Trade down scenario with Tampa Bay. Detroit gives Pick 5 and late round consideration. Tampa Bay gives up Pick 13, 2nd and 4th. Tampa Bay selects Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama

1) Johnathan Banks, CB, MSU
2) Larry Warford, G, Kentucky
2) (From TB): DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson
3) Bacarri Rambo, S, Georgia
4) (From TB)Jonathan Cyprien, S, FIU
4) (Comp) Devin Taylor, DE, South Carolina
5) Mike Gillislee, RB, Florida

I feel that Milliner will separate himself from the pack and that TB will want to jump on board as they are very needy at the CB position after trading Talib. Lions take Banks to help address secondary concerns and potential replacement for Houston. Warford immediately steps in to replace Peterman and upgrades the line. Hopkins can come in as a deep threat to help keep teams honest and allows Broyles to stick inside in the slot. A lack of a starting caliber safety hurt us big time last year. Even if Delmas does come back, he's too much of an injury risk. Rambo and Cyprien will either form a dynamic tandem or some depth and a compliment to Delmas will come out of this pair. Devin Taylor had a really strong showing at the Senior Bowl and I think could develop into a dynamic pass rusher. Mike Gillislee brings a speed element to the backfield and would be a great compliment to Bell/Leshoure. He may not have Best's speed but he can hold his own and has the size at 209 to be more durable.

Lets hear what you guys think.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trade down really did not do much for me but Banks is solid.

Rambo will likely go before round 3 but solid if they get him there.

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Karnage_84

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
The trade down really did not do much for me but Banks is solid.

Rambo will likely go before round 3 but solid if they get him there.

I don't feel like the Lions are one guy away from perrenial playoff contenders. Having two picks in the 2nd and getting one in the 4th (plus a comp pick) should allow us to find some key players and enhance our depth at other positions.
TheROARisBACK

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall, I like all the players taken.

Banks at #13 though, to me, is a huge reach. If i'm taking a corner that early I'd rather just stand pat and take Milliner who is the clear-cut better prospect of the two (IMO). Trading back into the early teens I'd checkout the DE's depending on whose available. Given how OG's always drop past their worth in the draft Warmack may be available there.

Solid mock though. Applause
Karnage_84

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheROARisBACK wrote:

Banks at #13 though, to me, is a huge reach. If i'm taking a corner that early I'd rather just stand pat and take Milliner who is the clear-cut better prospect of the two (IMO). Trading back into the early teens I'd checkout the DE's depending on whose available. Given how OG's always drop past their worth in the draft Warmack may be available there.

I've seen Banks anywhere from 13th to TB and early 2nd rd. The general consensus has been he's a 1st round guy but there's plenty of time for that to change (for the good or bad). Several mocks had him at 13 to TB so I figured that it fits along with need. Do you have Banks as #2 CB or someone else?

If Warmack is there, I would definitely consider him as well, depending on who may be available in Rd 2.
detroitroar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think thats too high for Banks. Probably an unlikely trade as well. TB has a lot of needs and Milliner is not an elite prospect.

Id love to get Warford, but am skeptical as to how he would if with us.

Hopkins would be an exciting pick.

Love the safety issue getting addressed.

I think its a bit hopeful for Gillislee to fall to the 5th.

2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Joe Lombardi
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: James Ihedigbo
TheROARisBACK

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karnage_84 wrote:
TheROARisBACK wrote:

I've seen Banks anywhere from 13th to TB and early 2nd rd. The general consensus has been he's a 1st round guy but there's plenty of time for that to change (for the good or bad). Several mocks had him at 13 to TB so I figured that it fits along with need. Do you have Banks as #2 CB or someone else?

If Warmack is there, I would definitely consider him as well, depending on who may be available in Rd 2.

Probably Banks at the moment. I can see it interchanging between him, Trufant, and Rhodes depending on how they look at the combine.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: A Mock In The Dark - 5 RDs Reply with quote

Karnage_84 wrote:

1) Johnathan Banks, CB, MSU
Love him, my top corner

Karnage_84 wrote:
2) Larry Warford, G, Kentucky
I think he's pretty good, especially as a run blocker, but he's not too great in pass pro

Karnage_84 wrote:
2) (From TB): DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson
Pretty good WR. I could see him as a replacement for Burleson

Karnage_84 wrote:
3) Bacarri Rambo, S, Georgia
LOVE him. Getting him in the 3rd would be great. I think he'll be a great player

Karnage_84 wrote:
4) (From TB)Jonathan Cyprien, S, FIU
Pretty good player. Lots of upside. Good develop into something special

Karnage_84 wrote:
4) (Comp) Devin Taylor, DE, South Carolina
I'm still not sure if he'd be a DE or DT in the NFL, but if we stick with the wide-9, I'd be confident in saying he'd be a DT, which I don't think is worth drafting in the 4th.

Karnage_84 wrote:
5) Mike Gillislee, RB, Florida
Love him. Getting him this late would be awesome.

Overall it's very good. Some good boom or bust types, and a few of my favorite prospects.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
Detroitlions703

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: A Mock In The Dark - 5 RDs Reply with quote

Karnage_84 wrote:
I have been playing a bit of catch up when it comes to prospects but I figured that I would give this a shot. I've been browsing several mocks to get an idea on draft round projections.

*Trade down scenario with Tampa Bay. Detroit gives Pick 5 and late round consideration. Tampa Bay gives up Pick 13, 2nd and 4th. Tampa Bay selects Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama

Couple funny things here. Just last year the Bucs were sitting at 5 with Morris Claiborne who IMO was a "safer" choice then Milliner and yet they traded back

Also its weird you chose Pick 13 and Pick 5 because back in 2011 Detroit was sitting at 13 and Arizona at 5 and Detroit tried to trade up for the hot CB prospect, Patrick Peterson. They offered there 1st, 2nd, 4th round picks to move up, Arizona declined. Just a little tidbit

Overall i would not be upset at all with this mock but as others suggested, Warmack at 13 would be great!
Hahaha. This team does not belong here
Mods, take care of this troll or I will.

Hold on mods. I wanna see where this goes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a good mock but I'm not surprised. Fans from Ottawa are renowned for there football knowledge. Laughing

I don't mind the trade down I would personally take Warmack at thirteen although I think he will be gone. I would then trade back into the bottom third of the first to get Banks. I think he's going to be a fine player.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Karnage_84

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheROARisBACK wrote:

Thanks for the comments!

I'd consider Dion Jordan or Ansah if they're there (and most likely will be). Warmack could also drop.
Karnage_84

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: A Mock In The Dark - 5 RDs Reply with quote

Detroitlions703 wrote:
Karnage_84 wrote:

Couple funny things here. Just last year the Bucs were sitting at 5 with Morris Claiborne who IMO was a "safer" choice then Milliner and yet they traded back

Also its weird you chose Pick 13 and Pick 5 because back in 2011 Detroit was sitting at 13 and Arizona at 5 and Detroit tried to trade up for the hot CB prospect, Patrick Peterson. They offered there 1st, 2nd, 4th round picks to move up, Arizona declined. Just a little tidbit

Overall i would not be upset at all with this mock but as others suggested, Warmack at 13 would be great!

I just went with what we have and felt that it's a possible move to the mid-rounds given who has been mocked to us. I also just looked to see the value on the trade value charts to get an idea of appropriate compensation. If I'm the Lions and I feel that I can get value at 13 plus an additional second at a high level and an extra 4th to go with our projected comp pick, I think I would pull that trigger.
Karnage_84

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detroitroar wrote:
I think thats too high for Banks. Probably an unlikely trade as well. TB has a lot of needs and Milliner is not an elite prospect.

Id love to get Warford, but am skeptical as to how he would if with us.

Hopkins would be an exciting pick.

Love the safety issue getting addressed.

I think its a bit hopeful for Gillislee to fall to the 5th.

I'll throw together another one and make some adjustments.
Karnage_84

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
It's a good mock but I'm not surprised. Fans from Ottawa are renowned for there football knowledge. Laughing

I don't mind the trade down I would personally take Warmack at thirteen although I think he will be gone. I would then trade back into the bottom third of the first to get Banks. I think he's going to be a fine player.

Thank you sir. It's great to have another solid Lions/football fan in this great city of ours.

If Warmack is there I definitely would consider taking him there at 13. However, I am projecting he'll be gone by then. I'm not a fan of trading back into the first as I feel that we will still have really good options available with our 2nd rd pick.

I'd consider trading back into the first for Tavon Austin or Desmond Trufant if the feeling is they will be taken there. I like both of these prospects and what they can bring to the team. My main concern with Austin is his size but he's an electric playmaker.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: