Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If Tom Brady doesn't get hurt in 08'...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UFgators

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: If Tom Brady doesn't get hurt in 08'... Reply with quote

(warning *what-if question)

Everyone knows about the Pats going 18-1 in 07' but the only significant starter they lost after the season (and Pats' fans correct me if I'm wrong) was Asante Samuel in free agency. Cornerstone defenders like Brusci, Seymour and Harrison didn't leave/retire until 2009. For the record New England still were top 10 in total & scoring defense in 08'...

So, question is do the Pats win 15-16 regular season games and go to the SB again. That year Miami won the East and Pittsburg won the AFC...
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously, its very possible. They were a historically good team the year before and they won 10 games with Matt Cassell.

I dont think they wouldve went 16-0 in the regular season again, but I do thin 14 wins was likely and a strong run in the playoffs. Definitely not a lock though.

But there are so many what if's you can play, its pretty pointless in the end.
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: If Tom Brady doesn't get hurt in 08'... Reply with quote

UFgators wrote:
(warning *what-if question)

Everyone knows about the Pats going 18-1 in 07' but the only significant starter they lost after the season (and Pats' fans correct me if I'm wrong) was Asante Samuel in free agency. Cornerstone defenders like Brusci, Seymour and Harrison didn't leave/retire until 2009. For the record New England still were top 10 in total & scoring defense in 08'...

So, question is do the Pats win 15-16 regular season games and go to the SB again. That year Miami won the East and Pittsburg won the AFC...

Their offense was 5th in yards and 8th in PPG without him. I think they still lose the Miami Pitt, and SD games with Brady. Probably pull out the Jets and Colt games. Obviously we have no way of knowing for sure but I think with Brady they go 13-3. Not sure if that would have secured them the #1 seed over Tennessee.

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
iknowcool

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the weak schedule they had, I think they'd have at least gotten to 13 wins. I have no idea how they'd do in the postseason though.

If they did finish with only 12 wins and had still lost their game against Pittsburgh, I'm not sold they would have been able to go on the road and beat that Pit defense. Granted Brady had to that point usually had success against that defense but the '08 version was the best of the bunch. Would have been fun to see.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

19-0, SB Champs and Greatest Team Ever.

Mack on the sig
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More possible than most teams but like you said, its a big if

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have at least 13 Wins probably. But these hypothetical questions annoy me. I can ask the question, What happens if Plaxico doesnt shoot himself?

"Champagne"..."Mountain Range"..."Hugs".
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
They have at least 13 Wins probably. But these hypothetical questions annoy me. I can ask the question, What happens if Plaxico doesnt shoot himself?

If both those "if" scenario's played out like that I think you most likely would have had a SB rematch in subsequent seasons. Which would have been awesome. Cool

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
Harper41

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the bigger thing would've been if Brady doesn't get hurt, does Randy Moss still get traded the next year? It was quite clear he was putting 100% effort into the 07' season and when Brady went down you could tell he turned it down with Cassel. What a crazy effect that injury had.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Steelerspower

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The patriots would have had a great season, but I think they would have lost against the Ravens in the divisional round

The patriots have very often been the favorites to win the SB since 2007, but they have never won

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11 wins with Cassel actually. There's no way to tell, but I think it would have been in the 14-15 range. 16 is just so damn hard. And the playoffs are always a crapshoot, but I think they'd have at least made the SB

Deadpulse on the sig
Yfz01

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
I think the bigger thing would've been if Brady doesn't get hurt, does Randy Moss still get traded the next year? It was quite clear he was putting 100% effort into the 07' season and when Brady went down you could tell he turned it down with Cassel. What a crazy effect that injury had.

No he didn't. Cassel missed him on so many deep balls that year it was crazy. That would have probably been a historically great season for that offense. Mad

Lil Uno with the sig.
lionslicer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Brady doesn't get hurt, he doesn't come back as less than stellar as he did in 2009, he stays hot and on track.

Patriots go to 5 straight super bowls, winning 3 of 5, scoring 500+ points every season.
x0x

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes you wonder if that team would have been a better or worst matchup for the Cards.
Detroitlions703

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x0x wrote:
Makes you wonder if that team would have been a better or worst matchup for the Cards.

Apparently you dont remember the 47-7 beating MATT CASSELL and the patriots put on those same Cardinals just a few weeks earlier
Hahaha. This team does not belong here
Mods, take care of this troll or I will.

Hold on mods. I wanna see where this goes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: