Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If Tom Brady doesn't get hurt in 08'...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kmvoss

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Detroitlions703 wrote:
x0x wrote:
Makes you wonder if that team would have been a better or worst matchup for the Cards.

Apparently you dont remember the 47-7 beating MATT CASSELL and the patriots put on those same Cardinals just a few weeks earlier

Blocking out trauma is something many do to cope, I don't blame him.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Laughing hahaha for real.

We lost the jets game in overtime, and barely lost to the colts. With Brady those are easy wins.

13 wins at least. Probably lose the Miami wild cat game.

15-1.

Yfz01 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
I think the bigger thing would've been if Brady doesn't get hurt, does Randy Moss still get traded the next year? It was quite clear he was putting 100% effort into the 07' season and when Brady went down you could tell he turned it down with Cassel. What a crazy effect that injury had.

No he didn't. Cassel missed him on so many deep balls that year it was crazy. That would have probably been a historically great season for that offense. Mad

Crying or Very sad Yup, and Tom was such crap in 2009. Crying or Very sad

Bernard Pollard Mad
3. Cordarelle Patterson
Past Successes: Dez Bryant, Alshon Jeffrey, Torrey Smith
Future Successes: Sammy Watkins, Rueban Randle
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Detroitlions703 wrote:
x0x wrote:
Makes you wonder if that team would have been a better or worst matchup for the Cards.

Apparently you dont remember the 47-7 beating MATT CASSELL and the patriots put on those same Cardinals just a few weeks earlier

We got blown out several times after the division was already won. Not exusing players for packing it in but it was clearly evident.

As for the question I think New England would've won probably 14 games and the super bowl. Their old D was still legit.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
x0x

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys realize the Cards improved tremendously in the post-season AND would not have played in the snow.

I believe one of the highlight topics of the Boston Beatdown was how numerous Cardinals players had never played an NFL game in the snow.....
anteros77

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only imagine it would have somehow set off some series of events where the Giants somehow make the Superbowl instead of the Cards and beat them again.
Troy Brown

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelerspower wrote:
The patriots would have had a great season, but I think they would have lost against the Ravens in the divisional round

The patriots have very often been the favorites to win the SB since 2007, but they have never won

At the end of 08, no one in the AFC wanted to play the Pats in the playoffs. Matt Cassel was playing out of his mind and the Pats were one of the hottest teams in the league, playing very strong on both sides of the ball. I would have loved to see that Pats team in the postseason because they were looking very tough in a weak AFC.

ELRammy
_Oypus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh come on, there's no way you really think Matt Cassel could have won a playoff game? Laughing
Troy Brown

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do think the Patriots could have won a playoff game that year, yes. No, I don't believe Matt Cassel alone would have won a playoff game.

ELRammy
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troy Brown wrote:
At the end of 08, no one in the AFC wanted to play the Pats in the playoffs. Matt Cassel was playing out of his mind and the Pats were one of the hottest teams in the league, playing very strong on both sides of the ball. I would have loved to see that Pats team in the postseason because they were looking very tough in a weak AFC.

They won their last 4 games....3 of which were against losing teams, and they beat a Cardinal team that was inconsistent as hell all season and then got hot in the playoffs.

I guarantee you no true playoff caliber teams were afraid of playing Matt Cassel and an average defense.
Troy Brown

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, let me just take your word for it.

Regardless of who they played, after the Steelers game, they played a complete game in all phases of the game. They also outscored those 4 teams by a total of 79 points. You forget how weak the AFC was that year. I exaggerated when I said "no one wanted to play the Patriots" but the only team anyone should have been truly afraid of that year were the Titans.

I don't think the Pats that year were much worse than the Colts. On par with the Ravens. Better than the Chargers or Dolphins.

That's beside the point, though. We don't penalize teams for destroying teams they're supposed to. That is, by definition, being hot. Teams in the NFL did not want to go into Gillette and face a Bill Belichick team when it appears they've figured out a consistent game, without all of the players they had lost throughout the year.

ELRammy
UKpantherfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Brady didn't get hurt, Cassel wouldn't have played enough to earn a starting job down the line so the Chiefs have to draft a QB in 09 - do they end up with Sanchez, Josh Freeman, or skipping the position entirely in what turned out to be a very weak QB class. Maybe the Chiefs wait til '10 and take Sam Bradford or Tim "2nd QB off the board" Tebow.

With Tebow in Kansas, Denver end up picking the next QB on the board, Jimmy Clausen or Colt McCoy.

With Clausen in Denver, Carolina daft next QB available and has a season with John Skelton or Mike Kafka at the helm, which would have been infinitely better than Clausen and would have put them out of contention for Cam. This would in turn see the Panthers go with Blaine Gabbert, Andy Dalton or CK7.

So if Brady didn't get hurt, Tim Tebow could have been the face of the Kansas City Chiefs and CK7 could have ended up QB of the Carolina Panthers.

Hmmmmmmmm.

Please note a huge degree of Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink here...
x0x

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That year in the AFC East was funky for several reasons. Not least of which is the Jets collapse.

If the Jets had beaten Miami and Seattle to end the year, they'd have won the division at 11-5.

I don't know how the tiebreaks work if Miami isn't in the picture. Would the Pats have made 6th seed over Baltimore?

Let's assume the playoff seedings turn out like this:

1. Titans
2. Steelers
3. Jets
4. Chargers
5. Colts
6. Patriots

That would be one hell of a matchup in the wildcard round. If the Pats had won they'd have faced the #1 seeded Titans and probably win that game, setting up a Steelers vs. Pats showdown.

I'm not sure how to factor in the drubbing they took from Pittsburgh earlier in the year, but I don't see why it would be an unwinnable game.
7DnBrnc53

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UKpantherfan wrote:
If Brady didn't get hurt, Cassel wouldn't have played enough to earn a starting job down the line so the Chiefs have to draft a QB in 09 - do they end up with Sanchez, Josh Freeman, or skipping the position entirely in what turned out to be a very weak QB class. Maybe the Chiefs wait til '10 and take Sam Bradford or Tim "2nd QB off the board" Tebow.

With Tebow in Kansas, Denver end up picking the next QB on the board, Jimmy Clausen or Colt McCoy.

With Clausen in Denver, Carolina daft next QB available and has a season with John Skelton or Mike Kafka at the helm, which would have been infinitely better than Clausen and would have put them out of contention for Cam. This would in turn see the Panthers go with Blaine Gabbert, Andy Dalton or CK7.

So if Brady didn't get hurt, Tim Tebow could have been the face of the Kansas City Chiefs and CK7 could have ended up QB of the Carolina Panthers.

Hmmmmmmmm.

Please note a huge degree of Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink here...

If Brady stays healthy, the Pats probably have a long run in the playoffs, and McDaniels doesn't get hired by Denver. Instead, Steve Spagnuolo probably does.

That means Cutler stays put, and Spags focuses on fixing the defense. The Broncos end up being about what they are now, but with Cutler, not Manning.
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7DnBrnc53 wrote:
The Broncos end up being about what they are now, but with Cutler, not Manning.

Sorry, but Cutler playing as well as Manning did this year?

No.

When has Cutler ever thrown for 30+ TD's and kept his interception numbers below 15? The only time he ever sniffed 30 TD's he threw one less pick. HE DIDN'T EVEN HIT 20 THIS YEAR!

Sig brought to you by Justo
mozwanted

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats still dont win a superbowl.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: