You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Where Does Alex Smith Land
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhackyPlague

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
WhackyPlague wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
BBIB wrote:
It amazes me that Alex Smith's name has been floated around Philly.

Alex Smith over Vick and Foles?

Vick was so much better than Alex Smith before Harbaugh that Vick had more TDs than Alex Smith in the span of 2005-2010 despite the fact that Vick missed THREE SEASONS as a starter because of going to jail

If good coaching can make Alex Smith look like a decent starter, it could make Vick look like an All-Pro.

Smith>>Vick and >>>>>Foles

That doesn't make sense considering Foles > Vick Question

Foles hate is hilarious coming from people who most likely didn't watch a single complete game of his.

I agree Smith is better than Foles right now, but there's no reason for the Eagles to make a trade for Smith. No value there. Foles deserves a chance to start in 2013.

Healthy Vick is better than what Foles has shown so far. Not by much though. Foles could be better after an offseason of development.
I don't think Smith to the Eagles is a good fit, I was just saying BBIB has no clue what he's talking about.

Fair enough.
Malik

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly don't understand how people can look at the 49ers offense and then look at Alex Smith's play and think he's going to be successful anywhere else. The fact that he's a 7th year player with 80+ games under his belt and the only positive thing we can say about his career is that he didn't throw a lot of interceptions in 2 seasons.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
I honestly don't understand how people can look at the 49ers offense and then look at Alex Smith's play and think he's going to be successful anywhere else. The fact that he's a 7th year player with 80+ games under his belt and the only positive thing we can say about his career is that he didn't throw a lot of interceptions in 2 seasons.

Smith is still only 28 years old. He very well could be a late bloomer.
Malik

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Malik wrote:

He has an elite OL, a top 8 running game, top 10 TE, and deep WR unit. If you can't bloom there you're not going to bloom anywhere.
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Malik wrote:

He has an elite OL, a top 8 running game, top 10 TE, and deep WR unit. If you can't bloom there you're not going to bloom anywhere.

he bloomed.

explore the roster when he was drafted and the staff he had

new sig... sorry alex
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Malik wrote:

He was playing very good with those thing soooooo

I hate the Jaguars
Jonezy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
Malik wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Malik wrote:

he bloomed.

YES! There is still hope for Sammy Bradford Laughing Laughing

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
Malik wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Malik wrote:

Agreed. Smith wasnt benched for a lack of performance, he was benched due to the expectation that Kaep would provide much more than Smith could.
Forge

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think in truth, the absolute best place he could land would be minnesota, but i doubt the vikings are ready to sit ponder. Smith is a better qb right now, but ponder's ceiling is obviously going to be considered higher (though i don't think it can be considered much higher since i think he has a lot of the same limitations).

that being said, buffalo would probably be the next best fit personnel wise, but without a cannon for an arm, they didn't definitely couldn't get vertical, especially in that weather.

the most likely places for him I think will be kansas city and cleveland; Jacksonville seems to want to have a qb competition, and if Alex is a free agent, I don't know what would lure him there . I think hes a very good fit in kansas city, and he'd probably make moeaki a star. Hes actually younger than weeden in cleveland, so its not like they'd be giving up much if they switched over to him. But smith had a stronger arm the last time he played with Turner, so if he wants to go vertical, smith is not the best option. So at this point, i say the most likely destination will be Kansas City, and if they get him prior to the draft, i think they'll go with Joeckel in the first and qb in the second or third.

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
Malik

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
Malik wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Malik wrote:

How many other teams in the league have that on offense in total though? If 17 touchdowns, barely over 3000 yards, and only 61 completion percentage is ALL you can muster with that, you're not going to successful many other places. If literally EVERYTHING else on your team needs to be great in order for your QB to be adequate you're not a good QB.
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
Malik wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Malik wrote:

How many other teams in the league have that on offense in total though? If 17 touchdowns, barely over 3000 yards, and only 61 completion percentage is ALL you can muster with that, you're not going to successful many other places. If literally EVERYTHING else on your team needs to be great in order for your QB to be adequate you're not a good QB.

Smith had a 70% cmp percentage, on pace for over 3500, and had an extremely high QB Rating before getting injured. He was playing better this year.

I hate the Jaguars
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:
Malik wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Malik wrote:

he bloomed.

YES! There is still hope for Sammy Bradford Laughing Laughing

my friend is a rams fan.
lots of similarities between both of them and there early careers. no weapons, bad coaching, bad oline, good/great rb.
with fisher, sam has his chance now, i think you guys should get him a fa wr. with that d should be good

new sig... sorry alex
buno67

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im hoping Cleveland!
P-52

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhackyPlague wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
BBIB wrote:
It amazes me that Alex Smith's name has been floated around Philly.

Alex Smith over Vick and Foles?

Vick was so much better than Alex Smith before Harbaugh that Vick had more TDs than Alex Smith in the span of 2005-2010 despite the fact that Vick missed THREE SEASONS as a starter because of going to jail

If good coaching can make Alex Smith look like a decent starter, it could make Vick look like an All-Pro.

Smith>>Vick and >>>>>Foles

That doesn't make sense considering Foles > Vick Question

Foles hate is hilarious coming from people who most likely didn't watch a single complete game of his.

I agree Smith is better than Foles right now, but there's no reason for the Eagles to make a trade for Smith. No value there. Foles deserves a chance to start in 2013.

I live in NJ....i seen every snap Foles took this season...Hes terrible

Jim Harbaugh's reaction to bloody Ahmad Brooks' helmetless sack: “Loved it, loved it. Wish he would have come and wiped some on my cheek.”
skrILL

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
Mancunian Raven wrote:
I thought it might be the Jets, but as they're apparently interested in Jamarcus Russell as competition for Sanchez (because the Jets aren't enough of a circus already), that seems like it would rule them out.

It was reported that the Jets aren't actually pursuing Russell.

It should also be reported that the Jets are $26 million OVER the cap so we aren't going to be taking on any big contracts.

N E W Y O R K J E T S

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: