Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Where Does Alex Smith Land
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
TheSphinx


Joined: 22 Aug 2009
Posts: 649
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: Where Does Alex Smith Land Reply with quote

Well it is all but inevitable that the 9ers will release Alex Smith. I doubt anybody will trade for his 8.5m contract and I am sure the 9ers aren't going to pay that for a backup. So where does Smith land? For all the bust talk he has put together 2 seasons that most starting QBs in the league would take (especially this season before he got hurt). There are plenty of teams looking at a pretty lackluster depth chart at the QB position.

So where do you guys think Smith will land?

I think he should go somewhere where he is given a serious chance to start...and a place without a newly drafted rookie just waiting for him to have 2 bad games so he can get the nod. The Bills seem like a good fit for him. I am sure he can outplay Fitzpatrick, Tavaris and Thigpen...

-TS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DirtyDez


Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 13211
Location: the Arizona desert
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'd be an upgrade in AZ but we can't afford him so I'll say Kansas City.
_________________

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
x0x


Joined: 10 Jul 2008
Posts: 15539
Location: Ontario, Canada
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jagwads.
_________________
Legends Never Die. They Breathe Through The New Generation.
100 Greatest Quarterbacks of All Time
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingOfTheHill84


Joined: 10 Jun 2012
Posts: 2808
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In order of likeliness

Kansas City
Cleveland
Arizona
Jacksonville
New York
_________________

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gore Whore 21


Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Posts: 4427
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
In order of likeliness

Kansas City
Cleveland
Arizona
Jacksonville
New York


I'd have it a bit different.

1a.KC
1b.Cleveland
3.Jacksonville
4.New York
5.Buffalo
6.Arizona
_________________
saintsfan on the sig

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
49ersfan


Joined: 21 Apr 2007
Posts: 6854
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Ian Rappaport of NFLN the Bills, Cardinals, and maybe Eagles and Chiefs have interest in Alex. The Jets don't, at least for the moment.

Primarily interested in Alex as a rental/stopgap while they develop a new QB. Teams are apparently impressed with the way he handled his benching.

I also think Cleveland would be a potentially good fit- Alex had his best year of his pre-Harbaugh career with Norv Turner, and new Browns management has no ties to Weeden.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TidesHaveTurned


Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Posts: 17
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
According to Ian Rappaport of NFLN the Bills, Cardinals, and maybe Eagles and Chiefs have interest in Alex. The Jets don't, at least for the moment.

Primarily interested in Alex as a rental/stopgap while they develop a new QB. Teams are apparently impressed with the way he handled his benching.

I also think Cleveland would be a potentially good fit- Alex had his best year of his pre-Harbaugh career with Norv Turner, and new Browns management has no ties to Weeden.


No he didn't. His best year pre Harbaugh was in 2009 with Jimmy Raye.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skrILL


Joined: 29 Jul 2011
Posts: 3729
Location: El ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's gonna sign with Jacksonville or Philly after he gets cut.

Come to think of it he could probably fit real nice in Chip's offense.
_________________

N E W Y O R K J E T S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rejuvenation


Joined: 20 Sep 2010
Posts: 1766
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully on a AFC team so we don't have to deal with the media hoopla if we had to play him on a semi-regular basis. Bills and Jags come to mind.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LA Niner Fan


Joined: 20 Oct 2011
Posts: 409
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Bills would be a solid fit. Solid O Line and run game. Their offense was decent except for the turnovers which in turn hurt the defense even more. Don;t know what their coach wants out of his QB though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ArrowheadRage58


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 4786
Location: Hate for the Donkeys is at a mile high
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't realize he could fly....if so, I believe Arrowhead Stadium has enough room to land a human.
_________________
49ers Finest wrote:

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
neezy007


Joined: 21 May 2008
Posts: 9203
Location: El Paso
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TidesHaveTurned wrote:
49ersfan wrote:
According to Ian Rappaport of NFLN the Bills, Cardinals, and maybe Eagles and Chiefs have interest in Alex. The Jets don't, at least for the moment.

Primarily interested in Alex as a rental/stopgap while they develop a new QB. Teams are apparently impressed with the way he handled his benching.

I also think Cleveland would be a potentially good fit- Alex had his best year of his pre-Harbaugh career with Norv Turner, and new Browns management has no ties to Weeden.


No he didn't. His best year pre Harbaugh was in 2009 with Jimmy Raye.


Statistically. He looked good as a 2nd year guy under Norv. No one looked good under jimmy raye. Worst coordinator I've ever seen and we had Jim hostler as a OC.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ninjapirate


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 35558
Location: Vegas
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
He's gonna sign with Jacksonville or Philly after he gets cut.

Come to think of it he could probably fit real nice in Chip's offense.



Would rather go with Nick Foles. Smith blows.
_________________


RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
TidesHaveTurned


Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Posts: 17
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neezy007 wrote:
TidesHaveTurned wrote:
49ersfan wrote:
According to Ian Rappaport of NFLN the Bills, Cardinals, and maybe Eagles and Chiefs have interest in Alex. The Jets don't, at least for the moment.

Primarily interested in Alex as a rental/stopgap while they develop a new QB. Teams are apparently impressed with the way he handled his benching.

I also think Cleveland would be a potentially good fit- Alex had his best year of his pre-Harbaugh career with Norv Turner, and new Browns management has no ties to Weeden.


No he didn't. His best year pre Harbaugh was in 2009 with Jimmy Raye.


Statistically. He looked good as a 2nd year guy under Norv. No one looked good under jimmy raye. Worst coordinator I've ever seen and we had Jim hostler as a OC.


No, he looked like [inappropriate/removed] under Norv as well constantly overthrowing Antonio Bryant. He still looked like [inappropriate/removed] with Raye, but there was a slight improvement from where he was at with Turner.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PurplePeterson


Joined: 15 Jan 2013
Posts: 550
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably Kansas City but however, if Alex signs with Kansas City, does that mean the Chiefs will pass on Geno Smith or will the Chiefs still draft Geno and have Alex and Geno complete for the starting job?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group