Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Where Does Alex Smith Land
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Boltstrikes


Moderator
Joined: 15 Feb 2006
Posts: 6113
Location: LA MIRADA, CA
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Eagles have interest and he doesn't go there he is an idiot.

Mccoy, Desean Jackson, Maclin, Celek and Avant.

There isn't a team with more weapons that needs a quarterback. Oh and Chip Kelly is running the offense. You want to look good and make some money, you take the one year deal and head to Philly.

Oh and is Alex younger then the Brown's QB?
_________________


EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoCalNiner


Moderator
Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 22740
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:
If the Eagles have interest and he doesn't go there he is an idiot.

Mccoy, Desean Jackson, Maclin, Celek and Avant.

There isn't a team with more weapons that needs a quarterback. Oh and Chip Kelly is running the offense. You want to look good and make some money, you take the one year deal and head to Philly.

Oh and is Alex younger then the Brown's QB?


He's a year younger.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Melbourne 9er


Joined: 02 Apr 2007
Posts: 49
Location: Melbourne - Australia
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reckon he will go to Cleveland and get back with Norv. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go for a 2014 3rd rounder. With the amount of teams vying for him I have no doubt we get a pick for him and we don't need any more picks this year.

It also makes sense to go to Cleveland as they have a very good running game and a defence that is going to be extremely good, which according to most people on these forums is the ONLY way he could possibly succeed.

And for those people that say that his contract is too big.. $16m for 2 years for a starting QB that has won in the playoffs and with his recent record is robbery. It would probably be better for a team to trade for him so that he gets that contract as he probably gets more (or at least a longer deal) if he went the FA route.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steadypimpin


Joined: 01 Jan 2009
Posts: 9015
Location: Rockville, Maryland
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
im hoping Cleveland!
I know you're a Browns fan but you should have a higher standard for the QB of your team then Alex Smith.
_________________

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BBIB


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 8771
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bodhi wrote:

If you believe this then you're a crazy person.

Tell me, how did Vick and Foles outperform Smith this last season?


It's an exaggeration to say they would go winless for a whole season but look at the cast that Alex Smith has had around him for him to FINALLY have success after 6 years in the league as being a complete bust.

It took an ELITE Oline and an ELITE defense. Not to mention the running game and not too shabby receivers

And despite all that cast, they basically just asked Alex Smith to Trent Dilfer his way through ball games.


The idea that Alex Smith is a better player than Vick is based off of the combination of vitriole for Vick and overestimating the level of effectiveness that any QB could have had in the Eagles situation last year
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
49ers Finest


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 8983
Location: San Jose
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
buno67 wrote:
im hoping Cleveland!
I know you're a Browns fan but you should have a higher standard for the QB of your team then Alex Smith.

alex definitely stole this youre lady
hes not even playing for your team. hes about to leave and youre still hating on him Laughing
_________________
***WE RUN THE WEST!***
SB AT HOME!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

new sig... sorry alex
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
49ers Finest


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 8983
Location: San Jose
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
Bodhi wrote:

If you believe this then you're a crazy person.

Tell me, how did Vick and Foles outperform Smith this last season?


It's an exaggeration to say they would go winless for a whole season but look at the cast that Alex Smith has had around him for him to FINALLY have success after 6 years in the league as being a complete bust.

It took an ELITE Oline and an ELITE defense. Not to mention the running game and not too shabby receivers

And despite all that cast, they basically just asked Alex Smith to Trent Dilfer his way through ball games.


The idea that Alex Smith is a better player than Vick is based off of the combination of vitriole for Vick and overestimating the level of effectiveness that any QB could have had in the Eagles situation last year

you can say that. but if you watched the game and looked at the numbers there is a huge difference in play
_________________
***WE RUN THE WEST!***
SB AT HOME!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

new sig... sorry alex
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kikuchiyo


Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 2119
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
Bodhi wrote:

If you believe this then you're a crazy person.

Tell me, how did Vick and Foles outperform Smith this last season?


It's an exaggeration to say they would go winless for a whole season but look at the cast that Alex Smith has had around him for him to FINALLY have success after 6 years in the league as being a complete bust.

It took an ELITE Oline and an ELITE defense. Not to mention the running game and not too shabby receivers

And despite all that cast, they basically just asked Alex Smith to Trent Dilfer his way through ball games.


The idea that Alex Smith is a better player than Vick is based off of the combination of vitriole for Vick and overestimating the level of effectiveness that any QB could have had in the Eagles situation last year


Michael Vick is a turnover machine. Even Alex is a better QB than him.
_________________

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BBIB


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 8771
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:

you can say that. but if you watched the game and looked at the numbers there is a huge difference in play


The Eagles had one of the worst offensive lines in the league this year and the 49ers have one of the best

The Eagles had one of the worst defenses in the league this year, the 49ers had one of the best

Anyone who actually WATCHES the games was advocating Kaepernick over Alex Smith a while back because they said AT WORSE he would be the same level of effectiveness of Alex Smith, the guy who they asked just not to lose games
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BBIB


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 8771
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kikuchiyo wrote:


Michael Vick is a turnover machine. Even Alex is a better QB than him.


LOL the revisionist history on Alex Smith is hilarious

Alex Smith the guy who had something absurd like 1 TD and 12 ints his first year in the league and continued to have more turnovers than TDs just about every year of his career until Harbaugh came along

But nooo, let's forget about that. Let's pretend the rate of turning the ball over this year for Vick is something that he's been doing as often as Alex Smith for his career.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BBIB


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 8771
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From 2011-12-
49ers
3RD in Rushing Attempts
LAST in Passing Attempts

Compared to Andy Reid literally the most pass happy coach in NFL history in terms of called pass plays, and even does so when his Oline is decimated and he has an elite RB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kikuchiyo


Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 2119
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
Kikuchiyo wrote:


Michael Vick is a turnover machine. Even Alex is a better QB than him.


LOL the revisionist history on Alex Smith is hilarious

Alex Smith the guy who had something absurd like 1 TD and 12 ints his first year in the league and continued to have more turnovers than TDs just about every year of his career until Harbaugh came along

But nooo, let's forget about that. Let's pretend the rate of turning the ball over this year for Vick is something that he's been doing as often as Alex Smith for his career.


So Harbaugh got to the 49ers in 2008? Because 2007 was the last time Alex had more turnovers than TD's and that was with a seperated throwing shoulder. Good job showing how little you actually know about Alex Smith though.
_________________

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BBIB


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 8771
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kikuchiyo wrote:

So Harbaugh got to the 49ers in 2008? Because 2007 was the last time Alex had more turnovers than TD's and that was with a seperated throwing shoulder. Good job showing how little you actually know about Alex Smith though.


Hence the phrase just about. I recalled it wasn't every. But the fact that
you're pumping your chest about Alex Smith's best ever season without Harbaugh being one where he accounted for 18 total TDs go ahead. (And even with Harbaugh only 19)

And even excluding 2005 his first year, From 2006-2010 Alex Smith accounted for 52 total touchdowns and 55 total turnovers

More turnovers than TDs and NEVER more than 18 total touchdowns in a season. Also NEVER accounting for more wins than losses in a season before 2011. His career record I remember was a dreadful 19-31.

THere is a REASON why he was considered a bust and the revisionist history on his shortcomings is some of the worst revisionist history I've ever seen

BTW, Michael VIck accounted for more TDs than Alex Smith over that span of 2006-2010 despite the fact that Vick missed THREE SEASONS as a starter because of jail time
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kikuchiyo


Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 2119
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
Kikuchiyo wrote:

So Harbaugh got to the 49ers in 2008? Because 2007 was the last time Alex had more turnovers than TD's and that was with a seperated throwing shoulder. Good job showing how little you actually know about Alex Smith though.


Hence the phrase just about. I recalled it wasn't every. But the fact that
you're pumping your chest about Alex Smith's best ever season without Harbaugh being one where he accounted for 18 total TDs go ahead

And even excluding 2005 his first year, From 2006-2010 Alex Smith accounted for 52 total touchdowns and 55 total turnovers

More turnovers than TDs and NEVER more than 18 total touchdowns in a season. Also NEVER accounting for more wins than losses in a season before 2011. His career record I remember was a dreadful 19-31.


So wait... You're saying Alex posted his career best in TD's... without Jim Harbaugh? But... But... I thought Alex Smith was nothing before the almighty Jim Harbaugh.

Quote:
THere is a REASON why he was considered a bust and the revisionist history on his shortcomings is some of the worst revisionist history I've ever seen


You tell me I'm trying to revise history and yet you're the one saying Alex Smith had more turnovers than TDs every year he was in the league before Harbs got there, which is only true for 2 years in his career (one being his rookie year, the other his 3rd year where he played with a seperated throwing shoulder for 7 games). Since 2009 (two years with Harbs, two years without), Alex has 62 TDs to just 32 INTs. There's no revision there. Just history.
_________________

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BBIB


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 8771
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kikuchiyo wrote:

So wait... You're saying Alex posted his career best in TD's... without Jim Harbaugh? But... But... I thought Alex Smith was nothing before the almighty Jim Harbaugh.


His career best was the "whopping" 19 TDs he had last year WITH Jim. And he did so with a significantly better TD/TO ratio

You have evaded the entire point which is that his all-time best production with or without Harbaugh is not even 20 TDs in a season

And it's a reason why Vick who missed THREE SEASONS as a starter has more TDs than Alex Smith over the span of 2006-10

But you seemed to have ignored that with just about every other point, which I understand because evasive tactics like that are the only way to justify the absurdity of saying Alex Smith has proven anything compared to Vick without that loaded cast and elite coaching staff

Quote:
THere is a REASON why he was considered a bust and the revisionist history on his shortcomings is some of the worst revisionist history I've ever seen

You tell me I'm trying to revise history and yet you're the one saying Alex Smith had more turnovers than TDs every year he was in the league before Harbs got there, which is only true for 2 years in his career (one being his rookie year, the other his 3rd year where he played with a seperated throwing shoulder for 7 games). Since 2009 (two years with Harbs, two years without), Alex has 62 TDs to just 32 INTs. There's no revision there. Just history.


This is a nitpicking evasion. First of all, do you realize lost fumbles count as turnovers? And secondly, even though Alex Smith had 2 years without more turnovers than TDs, the overall SPAN of time before Harbaugh even taking away Alex Smith's worse year, he had more turnovers than TDs

So congratulations that he had 14 Tds to 12 one year to avoid having more than TDs

So continue to use that red herring to justify his woeful play since it was only 3 of the 5 seasons he played in instead of 4 of the 5 before 2011
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group