Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Should Pryor be allowed to wear #2
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
La_Vader

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Should Pryor be allowed to wear #2 Reply with quote

We all know Mr. Davis didn't want Pryor to wear number 2 so he would have no association to Jemarcus Russell. Pryor wore number 2 in college and wanted that number coming out of college. On a recent tweet Pryor still would want to change to number 2. Is forever banning anyone to wear the number 2 make Russell a retire jersey, forever linked to a number associated with the Raiders. Wouldn't it make sense to allow a kid with all the potential in world to be remember as the best number 2 in Raider history. Why not allow Russell to be forgotten

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Should Pryor be allowed to wear #2 Reply with quote

La_Vader wrote:
We all know Mr. Davis didn't want Pryor to wear number 2 so he would have no association to Jemarcus Russell. Pryor wore number 2 in college and wanted that number coming out of college. On a recent tweet Pryor still would want to change to number 2. Is forever banning anyone to wear the number 2 make Russell a retire jersey, forever linked to a number associated with the Raiders. Wouldn't it make sense to allow a kid with all the potential in world to be remember as the best number 2 in Raider history. Why not allow Russell to be forgotten

Because the man with the most swag on the team should have it..I can't think of anyone more qualified for than King.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pryor isnt even close to beating out Leo Araguez as the best #2 in Raider history.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me give you some advice, and I'm being real so I apologize if it comes across as sarcastic:

If you want to be taken seriously in this forum, have your threads and posts actually appreciated, and have people stop ragging on you, then you need to ease back with some of this Pryor nonsense. There is nothing wrong with liking him, wanting him to succeed, or even wanting to see him start. However, when you throw around phrases like "all the potential in the world" or "become the best #2 in Raider history", it makes people just want to ignore your thread or post nothing but gifs in repsonse. There is a difference between jocking a player and playing him up to be a living legend. Go ahead and promote your boy, but try to be realistic about it.

La_Vader wrote:
La_Vader

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
Let me give you some advice, and I'm being real so I apologize if it comes across as sarcastic:

If you want to be taken seriously in this forum, have your threads and posts actually appreciated, and have people stop ragging on you, then you need to ease back with some of this Pryor nonsense. There is nothing wrong with liking him, wanting him to succeed, or even wanting to see him start. However, when you throw around phrases like "all the potential in the world" or "become the best #2 in Raider history", it makes people just want to ignore your thread or post nothing but gifs in repsonse. There is a difference between jocking a player and playing him up to be a living legend. Go ahead and promote your boy, but try to be realistic about it.

Out of curosity who is the best #2 in franchise history

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:

I have made one or two threads about Pryor.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:

funny

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:

No seriously we have enough threads going up with drafts, mocks and other things, this nonsense right here could have went into numerous Pryor threads we already have. I agree with Peter Griffin.
daineraider

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there not enough to talk about?

Honestly who gives an eff.

It's a number

Sigged by Jamison
La_Vader

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is the slow part of the season until Free agency picks up March 2. Our team hasn't been playing football for about a month. For the most part people just post mock drafts that won't happen, but re use the same players. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wha? Embarassed
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

La_Vader wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:

I have made one or two threads about Pryor.

Its not just the threads, its how you come across in every post about Pryor. Rather than saying he has "great athletic ability" or "potential" you go way over the top and say he has "all the potential in the world". Rather than saying he "has a chance to erase the bad memories of Russell" you say he will become "the greatest #2 in team history". Theres nothing wrong with supporting him, recognizing what he has done, or saying what you hope he becomes, but whenever you talk about him it sounds like you think he is already a top-10 QB in the NFL.

La_Vader wrote:
Out of curosity who is the best #2 in franchise history

Probably Leo Araguez who, with one season as a top-5 punter, has been more valuable than Pryor thus far.

La_Vader wrote:
holyghost

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

La_Vader wrote:
this is the slow part of the season until Free agency picks up March 2. Our team hasn't been playing football for about a month. For the most part people just post mock drafts that won't happen, but re use the same players. Rolling Eyes

Whether or not it's the slow part of the season doesn't make any difference in regards to how little the guys on this forum want to continually see you putting up new idiotic threads every 3 days. Please stop.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

La_Vader wrote:
For the most part people just post mock drafts that won't happen, but re use the same players. Rolling Eyes

Or people talk about great things that wont happen with the same backup QB Rolling Eyes

La_Vader wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: