Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Should Pryor be allowed to wear #2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raidr4life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

La_Vader wrote:
this is the slow part of the season until Free agency picks up March 2. Our team hasn't been playing football for about a month. For the most part people just post mock drafts that won't happen, but re use the same players. Rolling Eyes
Just like you reuse the same topic. Rolling Eyes Even Pryor thinks your number 54. Embarassed
La_Vader

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
La_Vader wrote:
this is the slow part of the season until Free agency picks up March 2. Our team hasn't been playing football for about a month. For the most part people just post mock drafts that won't happen, but re use the same players. Rolling Eyes
Just like you reuse the same topic. Rolling Eyes Even Pryor thinks your number 54. Embarassed

Surprised you the man for that GIF

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not. It's his number. Unless its a retired number which al Davis never allowed, then who cares.

[quote="RaidersAreOne"]BlackWidow is a chick? Everything makes so much more sense all of a sudden.[/quote]
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LAVader... it's Childish GAMBINO... not gabino... LMAO.

La_Vader

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone made the sig for me :/

I was set up

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Criticism Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
La_Vader wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Let me give you some advice, and I'm being real so I apologize if it comes across as sarcastic:

If you want to be taken seriously in this forum, have your threads and posts actually appreciated, and have people stop ragging on you, then you need to ease back with some of this Pryor nonsense. There is nothing wrong with liking him, wanting him to succeed, or even wanting to see him start. However, when you throw around phrases like "all the potential in the world" or "become the best #2 in Raider history", it makes people just want to ignore your thread or post nothing but gifs in repsonse. There is a difference between jocking a player and playing him up to be a living legend. Go ahead and promote your boy, but try to be realistic about it.

I have made one or two threads about Pryor.

Its not just the threads, its how you come across in every post about Pryor. Rather than saying he has "great athletic ability" or "potential" you go way over the top and say he has "all the potential in the world". Rather than saying he "has a chance to erase the bad memories of Russell" you say he will become "the greatest #2 in team history". Theres nothing wrong with supporting him, recognizing what he has done, or saying what you hope he becomes, but whenever you talk about him it sounds like you think he is already a top-10 QB in the NFL.

La_Vader wrote:
Out of curosity who is the best #2 in franchise history

Probably Leo Araguez who, with one season as a top-5 punter, has been more valuable than Pryor thus far.

There's a lot of crap posted which I read religiously. A lot of winning of little importance. What right does anyone have to criticize another poster?
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
La_Vader wrote:

Pryor looks like he's on fast forward in that

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You shouldn't be allowed to post anymore silver_surfer.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
La_Vader wrote:
For the most part people just post mock drafts that won't happen, but re use the same players. Rolling Eyes

Or people talk about great things that wont happen with the same 10 million dollar QB that puts up backup qb #'s Rolling Eyes

fify Cool

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
BigD1123

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I may interject. The reason Mr. Prior is not allowed to wear number two is the teams lead doctor. Said Dr did some testing and research and concluded that the Raiders organization has indeed developed a severe allergy to quarterbacks who wear a number 2. Mr. Russell was just the last to wear the number. When it almost killed the Organization the Dr. decided it was better to let punters wear the number than to risk the teams welfare.So maybe your guy will become an awesome qb BECAUSE he is not wearing number 2. Or I may be just a little bit full O poo.
wilmtalk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the word synonymous with Pryor ever since high school has been Potential. The problem is that he didn't even full fill the potential that most envisioned for him in college. That word potential is how a lot of fans still see him. He is however way behind the curve and a long term project at best. The NFL is an entirely different level still. Coming out of high school compared to his pears he had freakish ability, but he isn't that unusual anymore and many others along with having developed QB skill are at or close to his athletic equals. I think a lot of people are just tired of hearing the word Potential linked with Pryor and think it's time that some results are seen. So until that happens it's just better to stop the tiresome unwarranted hype.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: Criticism Reply with quote

S&B Bleeder wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
La_Vader wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Let me give you some advice, and I'm being real so I apologize if it comes across as sarcastic:

If you want to be taken seriously in this forum, have your threads and posts actually appreciated, and have people stop ragging on you, then you need to ease back with some of this Pryor nonsense. There is nothing wrong with liking him, wanting him to succeed, or even wanting to see him start. However, when you throw around phrases like "all the potential in the world" or "become the best #2 in Raider history", it makes people just want to ignore your thread or post nothing but gifs in repsonse. There is a difference between jocking a player and playing him up to be a living legend. Go ahead and promote your boy, but try to be realistic about it.

I have made one or two threads about Pryor.

Its not just the threads, its how you come across in every post about Pryor. Rather than saying he has "great athletic ability" or "potential" you go way over the top and say he has "all the potential in the world". Rather than saying he "has a chance to erase the bad memories of Russell" you say he will become "the greatest #2 in team history". Theres nothing wrong with supporting him, recognizing what he has done, or saying what you hope he becomes, but whenever you talk about him it sounds like you think he is already a top-10 QB in the NFL.

La_Vader wrote:
Out of curosity who is the best #2 in franchise history

Probably Leo Araguez who, with one season as a top-5 punter, has been more valuable than Pryor thus far.

There's a lot of crap posted which I read religiously. A lot of winning of little importance. What right does anyone have to criticize another poster?

I wasnt making fun of the dude, I was giving him actual advice. I know for a fact that there a lot of posters in here that, when they see ANY poster displaying blind homerism for a player who doesnt deserve it, they dont take that poster seriously. If I constantly found ways to bring up how Carson Palmer is a top-3 QB or that Rolando McClain has so much untapped potential and is going to be the next Ray Lewis, then people would stop responding to me and/or ignore the majority of my posts.

He doesnt have to take my advice, I'm not the king of this forum. I just figured that since the dude is new and not many posters have been taking him seriously I would let him in on how a lot of people seem to operate in here.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wilmtalk wrote:
I think the word synonymous with Pryor ever since high school has been Potential. The problem is that he didn't even full fill the potential that most envisioned for him in college. That word potential is how a lot of fans still see him. He is however way behind the curve and a long term project at best. The NFL is an entirely different level still. Coming out of high school compared to his pears he had freakish ability, but he isn't that unusual anymore and many others along with having developed QB skill are at or close to his athletic equals. I think a lot of people are just tired of hearing the word Potential linked with Pryor and think it's time that some results are seen. So until that happens it's just better to stop the tiresome unwarranted hype.

+1

Pryor got by in high school and college on his athleticism. At those levels just being flat out faster than everyone works. In the NFL it doesnt, just ask DHB. In high school and college, a fast QB can do a ton of damage- so much so that coaches dont need to develop them into great, good, or even effective passers. Compared to 18-21 year olds, Pryor was a man among boys and his physical talent seperated him by a good margin. Unfortunately for him, those people have since caught up and surpassed him due to their football skills.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: Criticism Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
I'm not the king of this forum.

ZoomWaffle for forum king!

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?
Webmaster

Site Admin
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about everyone stop discussing other members and start talking football?

Instead of attacking members when they start a topic you don't like, just ignore it and don't post. If you don't like a topic, don't reply. Topics that don't get a lot of activity will fall off the first page and disappear.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: