Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Redskins lose Danny Smith To Pittsburgh
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we get an athletic punter that can execute a pass ,,or fake punt-then run.. So many times it seems the other team gives a cursory rush and a punter could take off--Don't remember the last time we tried that ..
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
I hope we get an athletic punter that can execute a pass ,,or fake punt-then run.. So many times it seems the other team gives a cursory rush and a punter could take off--Don't remember the last time we tried that ..
huhter the punter in 2008 and 2009. Remember Jim Zorn successfully did it in 08. Then in 09 at home vs the giants (I think) he called the same fake back to back plays instead of kicking a fg at the end of the half... Laughing Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
huhter the punter in 2008 and 2009. Remember Jim Zorn successfully did it in 08. Then in 09 at home vs the giants (I think) he called the same fake back to back plays instead of kicking a fg at the end of the half... Laughing Rolling Eyes

The main play I remember was 8 players left and the snapper, holder and placekicker all alone to the right .. We got a penalty for something but he still tried the same play though any surprise was lost.. It failed miserably!
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
I called for him to be fired during the 2011 season but geez! I was a fan compared to most on this post --I didn't realize he was so ,,,unappreciated ,,to put it kindly ! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Been calling for his head for years. It was one of the things that used to set off SSF and get him cross with me when I'd say if we were paying a penny for his services, we were getting robbed.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
skinsfanLA

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:
Good riddance.

Yes...addition by subtraction.

Well said...

You can look at all the good you want from the past few years, but you also have to take into account all of the runbacks by Banks that were called back (any time he broke away in the last 2 years really) for a penalty, the blocked punts, the blocked FGs and any time Cundiff touched the ball and it's been a spectacular disaster over the last few years.

I wish him well and hope he can rebuild his credibility. Bring on the new guy.

I guess Snyder finally got to buy back the incriminating pictures Smith had of him. That is the only reason I can see that the dude had the job for so long. He was the Cerrato of coaches.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Ahhhh the old "unnamed source". It's been way too long, my very credible friend!
skinsfanLA

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

The main play I remember was 8 players left and the snapper, holder and placekicker all alone to the right .. We got a penalty for something but he still tried the same play though any surprise was lost.. It failed miserably!

Swinging Gate! HAHAHAHAHAHA......WORST PLAY EVER! It works in Pee-Wee because the kids get all kinds of confused. It never works against older players.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Ahhhh the old "unnamed source". It's been way too long, my very credible friend!
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One Danny down, one to go. Laughing Twisted Evil
Roy Helu, Jr: 16 GP, 62 rushes, 274 yards, 4 TDs; 31 catches, 251 yards
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On one hand, you don't A) keep your job this long if you aren't doing your job, and B) don't get hired away by the Steelers if you aren't doing your job.

On the other, time had come. There were too many minor slip-ups along the way.

There is one other thing to consider: Smith did seem to understand the value of a challenge and regularly convinced both Zorn and Shanahan went to go for it or when to re-consider.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: