Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL Venue Rankings
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keanun__

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: NFL Venue Rankings Reply with quote

I've been to every NFL stadium that is currently being played in. I have seen good stadiums and bad stadiums. So here's my personal rankings and opinions.

31. Metrodome: Minnesota Vikings: The fact that this stadium broke makes it very impractical for a modern day professional sports complex. It's fans hate it and mostly everyone believes it to be the worst of them all. Here's to the new Vikings stadium in 2015.

30. Edward Jones Dome: St.Louis Rams: So the Rams move to St.Louis and get this ugly stadium. Rams fans are hardly excited for anything going on in this dump.

29. Oakland Coliseum: Oakland Raiders: I'm a Raiders fan but their stadium is very very bad. The last to host baseball and football, has seats high enough to thin your blood and is an unworthy home for this great franchise. I prefer going to Raiders away games then their own home. I'd advise the Raiders to move to Candlestick Park after the 49ers leave.

28. Everbank Field: Jacksonville Jaguars: The Jaguars are not exactly a solid team these days. Neither is their stadium. I went here for its super bowl game and the experience was not very good. They even talked about the Jaguars coming to Los Angeles.

27. Candlestick Park: San Francisco 49ers: It's got a great city and history to it. Often has good weather as well. However the seating is far to off place especially certain sections which view of the field is horrible to say the least. The new Santa Clara stadium looks pretty good.

26. FedEx Field: Washington Redskins: This is probably one of the best out door stadiums there is. However there is some huge outside variables that greatly affect that. Getting there is extremely inconvenient, getting out is just the same, and is in the worst location for any sports stadium in the NFL.

25. Sun Life Stadium: Miami Dolphins: The weather is great, the seating is mostly good, some good modern technology, super bowl history, but has some unimpressive surrounding attractions.

24. Paul Brown Stadium: Cincinnati Bengals: Everything about this stadium is decent. The team, the fans, the food, the location and everything else. Just decent.

23. First Energy Stadium: Cleveland Browns: It's pretty modern and has a great location. It's not a bad place to go. It's never hosted a playoff.

22. Georgia Dome: Atlanta Falcons: This is a pretty good venue for football. I was just there for the NFC-Championship and I enjoyed myself a lot. It's a very good stadium that holds plenty of fans, a good location and a great team.

21. Ralph Wilson Stadium: Buffalo Bills: This stadium is probably the most boring in the league. But it's fans are great, it's history is great and I had a great time. If only they didn't skip a home game to play in Toronto.

20. Qualcomm Stadium: San Diego Chargers: I go here often. It has great pre-game tailgating and weather. Has a great location, fans, experience, and has never been bad for me. You'll be surprised how many Raiders fans compare to Chargers fans when they come.

19. Ford Field: Detroit Lions: Very modern and very nice. Has a great city and players. It's a good stadium and deserves another super bowl.

18. Reliant Stadium: Houston Texans: Has a nice retractable roof. Everything is first class. Has very little history and the Texans are just recently a good team. It's a nice stadium.

17. LP Field: Tennessee Titans: This is a very fun stadium. Has good history already and is solid stadium for the Titans and their good fans.

16. Bank of America Stadium: Carolina Panthers: Great location, weather. The fans aren't exactly that good but you can't expect much from Charlotte. It's a good stadium.

15. Mercedes-Benz Superdome: New Orleans Saints: The inside of this stadium is much better then the bland outside. The host of numerous super bowls and a fantastic location for sports.

14. M&T Bank Stadium: Baltimore Ravens: Has good history and is one of the great outdoor stadiums. The location is very good, the fans are good and the stadium itself is great.

13. Soldier Field: Chicago Bears: The oldest stadium in the league. It's renovation was money well spent on making a stadium into one of the best. Couldn't have a better location. Walking up to it is amazing and you want to look around and enjoy everything. Great stadium.

12. Arrowhead Stadium: Kansas City Chiefs: Some of the best fans in the league and a newly renovated stadium. It has good history, and great design. It's a good experience.

11. Investco Field at Mile High: Denver Broncos: Fantastic design and fills a lot of fans. Has all kinds of small details to it. Good location and often some good games.

10. Raymond James Stadium: Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Some of the best weather for any venue. The tailgate is amazing, the place is new and the fans are awesome. The place has modern amenities that make the place just great. It deserves more super bowls.

9. University of Phoenix Stadium: Arizona Cardinals: This stadium is huge. Very new and and has one of the best interior for any stadium in the league. I've been to several games here including super bowls and I can't wait to go back again.

8. Metlife Stadium: New York Giants & New York Jets: Brand new stadium in good old East Rutherford. Yea East Rutherford is hardly anything to get excited about but that doesn't take away from one of the best stadiums I've been to. Seats plenty of fans has all of the modern technology you want and is big enough to have a lower bowl and an upper bowl.

7. Lucas Oil Stadium: Indianapolis Colts: Beautiful stadium and brings more noise then you would expect. Has everything you'd want in a stadium and more.

6. Gillette Stadium: New England Patriots: Since it was built it's been the host of one of the great teams of this age and quarterback Tom Brady. Great things have happened here and will for many years to come. It's modern and has all kinds of great things that set it apart from other venues.

5. Lincoln Financial Field: Philadelphia Eagles: This place has some great seating and some great games. It has a great city and location, an amazing entrance and other amenities that you would expect from a modern sports stadium. It's also next to Philadelphia's other sports complexes.

4. Heinz Field: Pittsburgh Steelers: Beautiful location and stadium. A great team, city, experience, and fans make it a fantastic outdoor stadium. You can get to it easily and nothing ever went badly for me.

3. Century Link Field: Seattle Seahawks: This place is loud. I was there this year in December and I've been several times and always loved going. It's easy to get to and get out of. Everything is convenient, modern and fantastically great about it.

2. Cowboys Stadium: Dallas Cowboys: Everything about this stadium is great. I think you all know how good it is. But there can only be one stadium better then it.

1. Lambeau Field: Green Bay Packers: The best of them all. The home of the historic Packers. I went this year for the first time and it was great. I couldn't believe how modern it seemed despite being one of the oldest. Everything about the stadium is impressive and will last for a very long time.

Also for fun lets talk about the alternate stadiums:

Wembley Stadium: NFL International Series: A very nice and modern stadium. The fans loved it and I loved it as well. I wouldn't be fond of having the Jaguars play for the next few years but this stadium would be among the top 10 if it was a full time venue.

Rogers Center: Bills Toronto Series: I have no idea why the Bills go to Canada to play one game. This stadium is pretty nice and probably better then Ralph Wilson but nobody is excited to go to this game. It seats well below what you'd want from an NFL game.

Aloha Stadium: Pro Bowl: This stadium is not modern at all. It hosts a poor game and often brings very low attendance. I didn't enjoy much about it.

Fawcett Stadium: Hall of Fame Game: One of the few special pre-season games. And it's held at a very small stadium. It's not to bad though the whole point is the experience and it's history. It's a fun game.

So that's my rankings and I hope your team has or is getting a great venue. Feel free to post your own rankings.
Acgott

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My god what is your job?
Jonezy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's cool man, Thanks for sharing Cool

I've only been to Edward Jones Dome......lol that's all I gotta say

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
Keanun__

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
My god what is your job?

I work within the NFL.
Acgott

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keanun__ wrote:
Acgott wrote:
My god what is your job?

I work within the NFL.

You hiring? I graduate in May Very Happy
Jonezy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keanun__ wrote:
Acgott wrote:
My god what is your job?

I work within the NFL.

Can you expand? Laughing Laughing

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
Keanun__

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
Keanun__ wrote:
Acgott wrote:
My god what is your job?

I work within the NFL.

Can you expand? Laughing Laughing

Business management officer.
sp6488

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting read. Was interested in your opinion of M&T. Only been there and Fedex. Love how easy it is to get in and out of M&T (both stadiums are street level downtown; Camden Yards is the best though). Fedex on the other hand is a crazy journey to get in and out of. And as you mentioned, Landover is the worst.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
Interesting read. Was interested in your opinion of M&T. Only been there and Fedex. Love how easy it is to get in and out of M&T (both stadiums are street level downtown; Camden Yards is the best though). Fedex on the other hand is a crazy journey to get in and out of. And as you mentioned, Landover is the worst.

Yea the way to get to FedEx stadium and leave just ruined it all. I wish the Raiders could play in a California M&T Bank Stadium.
kmvoss

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keanun__ wrote:
sp6488 wrote:

Yea the way to get to FedEx stadium and leave just ruined it all. I wish the Raiders could play in a California M&T Bank Stadium.

Could you give an anecdote of one of your worst experience at one of these stadiums? How about your best? Being at all stadiums you must have a lot of neat stories to tell.
Keanun__

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmvoss wrote:
Keanun__ wrote:
sp6488 wrote:

Could you give an anecdote of one of your worst experience at one of these stadiums? How about your best? Being at all stadiums you must have a lot of neat stories to tell.

My best would have to be at my favorite super bowls of all time Super Bowl XLIII in Tampa Bay at Raymond James Stadium. One of the best games ever and it's at one of my top 10 venues. I took my father and we both had a great time in Tampa. Everything about that game was unbelievable. Now for my worst. In 2010 I was going to go to Minnesota Vikings game (since it's their 50th season) late in the year. I was already in Minneapolis and was going to watch the Giants-Vikings game. It's all good until their stadium breaks. So the game is moved to Ford Field in Detroit which is much better of a stadium but I also have to go to Michigan now. I made it and the game was hardly worth it 3-21 for the Giants.
Jonezy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's really cool man. Really awesome stuff. Do you favor any team in particular or do you get to chose what or when you go to games or could you just get tickets any game any week?

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
Keanun__

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
That's really cool man. Really awesome stuff. Do you favor any team in particular or do you get to chose what or when you go to games or could you just get tickets any game any week?

I've always been a Raiders fan especially when they were in Los Angeles.

P.S. I buy my own tickets I'm mainly just an adviser not anything to important with the team.
justinsgiants

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MetLife Stadium is massive when it comes to seating but it could be a pain in the rear to walk around in the corridors with so many people.

It also has no personality to it whatsoever but I guess that's because it caters to two teams so it's conservative. I don't dislike it but I don't love it, especially it being one of the newer stadiums and all. And you better tailgate before the game because the stadium is located in the middle of the Jersey Turnpike. There's nothing else to do although I can't imagine someone wanting to do anything else.

Last edited by justinsgiants on Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Re: NFL Venue Rankings Reply with quote

Keanun__ wrote:
13. Soldier Field: Chicago Bears: The oldest stadium in the league. It's renovation was money well spent on making a stadium into one of the best. Couldn't have a better location. Walking up to it is amazing and you want to look around and enjoy everything. Great stadium.

I'm hit or miss on the stadium. I live right next to it and run by it when I actually go running. The scenery around it is second to none but it makes zero sense that it's the smallest stadium in the NFL seating capacity wise. Plus they put so much money into renovating it and it still doesn't have a dome. I would rate it lower tbh...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: