Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL Venue Rankings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keanun__

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Re: NFL Venue Rankings Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Keanun__ wrote:
13. Soldier Field: Chicago Bears: The oldest stadium in the league. It's renovation was money well spent on making a stadium into one of the best. Couldn't have a better location. Walking up to it is amazing and you want to look around and enjoy everything. Great stadium.

I'm hit or miss on the stadium. I live right next to it and run by it when I actually go running. The scenery around it is second to none but it makes zero sense that it's the smallest stadium in the NFL seating capacity wise. Plus they put so much money into renovating it and it still doesn't have a dome. I would rate it lower tbh...

I really like it's design and location. I also would prefer it to be an outside stadium.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject: Re: NFL Venue Rankings Reply with quote

Keanun__ wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
Keanun__ wrote:
13. Soldier Field: Chicago Bears: The oldest stadium in the league. It's renovation was money well spent on making a stadium into one of the best. Couldn't have a better location. Walking up to it is amazing and you want to look around and enjoy everything. Great stadium.

I'm hit or miss on the stadium. I live right next to it and run by it when I actually go running. The scenery around it is second to none but it makes zero sense that it's the smallest stadium in the NFL seating capacity wise. Plus they put so much money into renovating it and it still doesn't have a dome. I would rate it lower tbh...

I really like it's design and location. I also would prefer it to be an outside stadium.

Meh, too close to the water for an outdoor stadium. The grass is probably the worst or second to worst (Steelers). Plus the stadium capacity should have been increased. Population wise in the US it goes NYC, LA and then Chicago. So why the heck do the Bears have the smallest stadium in the NFL seat capacity wise? Makes zero sense.

Other than that though it is a great stadium. Love the location...

Last edited by TheVillain112 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:21 am; edited 1 time in total
eaglesfan10

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting read. You're so lucky.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: Re: NFL Venue Rankings Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Keanun__ wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
Keanun__ wrote:

Meh, too close to the water for an outdoor stadium. The grass is probably the worst or second to worst (Steelers). Plus the stadium capacity should have been increased. Population wise in the US it goes NYC, LA and then Chicago. So why the heck do the Bears have the smallest stadium in the NFL seat capacity wise? Makes zero sense.

Other than that though it is a great stadium. Love the location...
I know you have to know the significance of Soldier Field, and why the stadium wasn't expanded in the renovation right?

So anyways, good to know you are drunk stumbling distance from Soldier Field. Laughing

OneBadCat wrote:
Ahah Okay first of all Gamble was lost to IR this year but when healthy he proved to be 2nd only to Revis last season.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Re: NFL Venue Rankings Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
I know you have to know the significance of Soldier Field, and why the stadium wasn't expanded in the renovation right?

So anyways, good to know you are drunk stumbling distance from Soldier Field. Laughing

No clue what you're talking about. Luxury boxes were added before and after the renovation that changed the seating capacity. Not sure what the seating capacity significance is?

But yes, I am within stumbling distance... Laughing
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:45 am    Post subject: Re: NFL Venue Rankings Reply with quote

Keanun__ wrote:
28. Everbank Field: Jacksonville Jaguars: The Jaguars are not exactly a solid team these days. Neither is their stadium. I went here for its super bowl game and the experience was not very good. They even talked about the Jaguars coming to Los Angeles.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Keanun__

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:45 am    Post subject: Re: NFL Venue Rankings Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

No clue what you're talking about. Luxury boxes were added before and after the renovation that changed the seating capacity. Not sure what the seating capacity significance is?

The stadium is very personal having the least amount of fans. You do realize how many people 60,000+ is right? It's a beautiful stadium for Chicago and has great historic value to it. It's an old stadium that feels new.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Re: NFL Venue Rankings Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

Well as a Chicagoan, I assume you know that the CPD owns Soldier Field, I also assume you know that Soldier Field is a protected landmark. When the renovation was completed there was one mandate by the city, the Columns had to stay. The result is the Spaceship that Landed on Soldier Field. No Dome can be put there, the seating is pretty much maxed out in the space that was allowed. The only other option would have been to build a stadium outside the city (Gary was actually discussed).

Wrigley is going to have go thru a similar renovation. Its protected, all the renovations will have to be completed inside the existing park. That's why the triangle building is so important for the Cubs. They are moving all the day to day operations to the triangle bldg, as well as expanding the clubhouse into it.

OneBadCat wrote:
Ahah Okay first of all Gamble was lost to IR this year but when healthy he proved to be 2nd only to Revis last season.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:59 am    Post subject: Re: NFL Venue Rankings Reply with quote

Keanun__ wrote:
The stadium is very personal having the least amount of fans. You do realize how many people 60,000+ is right? It's a beautiful stadium for Chicago and has great historic value to it. It's an old stadium that feels new.

Yes, I do know how many 60,000+ is. PBS is personal as well but has more seating capacity. You're telling me that Paul Brown Stadium should have more seating capacity than Solider Field? Giants Stadium before it became MetLife stadium had good views of the field even though it's 80,000+. Heck the upper deck at Giants Stadium was better than than Lincoln Financial Field's upper deck even though LF is a newer and is a much better stadium than the old Giants Stadium.

I've been on the field at Solider Field, but he mix of old and new for the amount of money they spent wasn't worth it, IMHO. What they did on the exterior of the stadium is fantastic though. There is no better exterior to a stadium than Solider field...

Last edited by TheVillain112 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:33 am; edited 2 times in total
Keanun__

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:01 am    Post subject: Re: NFL Venue Rankings Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Keanun__ wrote:

Yes, I do know I many 60,000+ is. PBS is personal as well but has more seating capacity. Giants Stadium before it became MetLife stadium had good views of the field even though it's 80,000+. Heck the upper deck at Giants Stadium was better than than Lincoln Financial Field's upper deck even though LF is a newer and is a much better stadium than the old Giants Stadium.

I've been on the field at Solider Field, but he mix of old and new for the amount of money they spent wasn't worth it, IMHO. What they did on the exterior of the stadium is fantastic though. There is no better exterior to a stadium than Solider field...

This is NFL venue rankings not stadium rankings to let you know.
lilant2398

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who cares? You make this pointless thread every few months
Keanun__

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lilant2398 wrote:
Who cares? You make this pointless thread every few months

Not sure what you mean?
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:20 am    Post subject: Re: NFL Venue Rankings Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Well as a Chicagoan, I assume you know that the CPD owns Soldier Field, I also assume you know that Soldier Field is a protected landmark. When the renovation was completed there was one mandate by the city, the Columns had to stay. The result is the Spaceship that Landed on Soldier Field. No Dome can be put there, the seating is pretty much maxed out in the space that was allowed. The only other option would have been to build a stadium outside the city (Gary was actually discussed).

Wrigley is going to have go thru a similar renovation. Its protected, all the renovations will have to be completed inside the existing park. That's why the triangle building is so important for the Cubs. They are moving all the day to day operations to the triangle bldg, as well as expanding the clubhouse into it.

As a Chicagoan I understand clearly that there are zero actual rules in the City. Living in the 2nd ward that Solider Field is in, I see TIF money given to corporations and breweries instead of going to gentrifying areas where residents live who instead get relocated to Gary and NW Indiana. But that's another debate.

Chicago spent $600M on a stadium that Mayor Daley himself wanted a retractable roof for. Chicago Park District just messed up the whole project for no good reason. Believe me, I run around the stadium 2-3 times a week in the summer (Alright maybe a month), it's great scenery but for a NFL experience the money would have been much better spent on expanding the stadium and improving the interior than the exterior...
TomRalph

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've been to Wembley as well!?! I'm from England and haven't even gone yet Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: NFL Venue Rankings Reply with quote

Keanun__ wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
Keanun__ wrote:

Yes, I do know I many 60,000+ is. PBS is personal as well but has more seating capacity. Giants Stadium before it became MetLife stadium had good views of the field even though it's 80,000+. Heck the upper deck at Giants Stadium was better than than Lincoln Financial Field's upper deck even though LF is a newer and is a much better stadium than the old Giants Stadium.

This is NFL venue rankings not stadium rankings to let you know.

Keanun__ wrote:
I've been to every NFL stadium that is currently being played in. I have seen good stadiums and bad stadiums. So here's my personal rankings and opinions.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: