Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers will trade or release QB Alex Smith
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
roger murdock

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he ends up in Cle. The Browns are vocally unenthused about Weeden and Smith is younger, better, and familiar with running the offense we want to run.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
I hope he goes to the Chiefs. I need a good laugh.

I think he may actually end up in Buffalo though, hell, maybe even NY.

Yeah... a good QB coming to KC to work with a head coach who is known for getting the most out of quarterbacks (McNabb, Kolb, Vick, Foles, etc)That would be hilarious! You also said you would laugh if KC took Geno. You just want to bash ANY move the chiefs make at QB. SMH.
Mikek163

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kylecumberland wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
I hope he goes to the Chiefs. I need a good laugh.

I think he may actually end up in Buffalo though, hell, maybe even NY.

Yeah... a good QB coming to KC to work with a head coach who is known for getting the most out of quarterbacks (McNabb, Kolb, Vick, Foles, etc)That would be hilarious! You also said you would laugh if KC took Geno. You just want to bash ANY move the chiefs make at QB. SMH.

Don't worry Kyle. Donkey fans are still bitter that Tebow has won more playoff games than Manning has for them. At this point they have no idea what has happened to the qb position in the NFL, therefore in turn "laughing" at everyone's quarterback decisions.

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...I don't understand how we've got sidetracked to discussions on the Denver QB situation. Confused

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
Mikek163

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
...I don't understand how we've got sidetracked to discussions on the Denver QB situation. Confused

Make your way over to the Chiefs forum man. Everything gets sidetracked due to this Donk fans. We just give it back when we can is all.

(In b4 one poster said the Chief would go 13-3 therefore grouping all of us into that category.)

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:

Make your way over to the Chiefs forum man. Everything gets sidetracked due to this Donk fans. We just give it back when we can is all.

(In b4 one poster said the Chief would go 13-3 therefore grouping all of us into that category.)

If that's the case then here's a thought. It's kind of novel, but bear with me. If a someone comes into your sub-forum and derails conversations then PM one of the moderators of your forum to ask them to steer the conversation back on track and warn the offending poster sidetrack discussion. Heck... that could even apply to, dare I say it, ALL FORUMS. Shocked

Adopting this "we just give it back when we can" attitude achieves nothing and is effectively trolling, particularly when you steer the conversation off topic.

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:

If that's the case then here's a thought. It's kind of novel, but bear with me. If a someone comes into your sub-forum and derails conversations then PM one of the moderators of your forum to ask them to steer the conversation back on track and warn the offending poster sidetrack discussion. Heck... that could even apply to, dare I say it, ALL FORUMS. Shocked

Adopting this "we just give it back when we can" attitude achieves nothing and is effectively trolling, particularly when you steer the conversation off topic.

...its part of the rules of the site:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9338

Webmaster wrote:
If anyone sees another member violating these rules, please send a PM to a moderator or the webmaster. Do not respond to them. Be especially careful not to respond to personal attacks, name calling, and flames.

When sending the PM make sure you include the URL of the topic in question.

So, to echo what The LBC says - don't feed into it, get a Moderator involved.

- ET

kylecumberland

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When someone constantly borderline trolls such as saying he will laugh when KC takes Geno, and also says he will laugh when KC signs Alex Smith, there is really no need to get a moderator involved, because it is not blatent trolling. He is just intent on bashing whatever move the chiefs make...thats the way it is. Whatever QB we acquire he will "LAUGH" whoever we draft at 1 he will "Laugh" that is why I pointed that out rather than get a MOD involved. Like I said, if the chiefs improving their QB position by acquiring a 13-3 quartberback to pair with a coach who gets the most out of quarterbacks is so funny to him....i mean whatever.
jagman777

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you know, maybe he doesn't think Alex Smith is very good, which isn't exactly an outrageous belief.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kylecumberland wrote:
When someone constantly borderline trolls such as saying he will laugh when KC takes Geno, and also says he will laugh when KC signs Alex Smith, there is really no need to get a moderator involved, because it is not blatent trolling.

I don't understand why people feel as if there are degrees of trolling. You just broke it down into two degrees - borderline and blatant. From a Mod's perspective, both are trolling. No degrees to it. Both are harmful to the discussion of the thread, both are dealt with in varying fashions.

You won't know if we will act on it unless you tell us it's going on. We can't be everywhere at once, so you have to help us out when things of this nature happen.

Quote:
He is just intent on bashing whatever move the chiefs make...thats the way it is. Whatever QB we acquire he will "LAUGH" whoever we draft at 1 he will "Laugh" that is why I pointed that out rather than get a MOD involved.

Getting a Mod involved is what we would choose you to do in the future. We have established our expectations since the site has been founded, and there isn't anything that has happened in that time that has changed said stance. Your varying degrees of trolling isn't deterring our stance, and all you do by "pointing it out" is placing yourself in the line of fire, not him.

kylecumberland

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jagman777 wrote:
Or you know, maybe he doesn't think Alex Smith is very good, which isn't exactly an outrageous belief.

Maybe a better way to get that message accross would be " I don't see Alex Smith having success outside of San Francisco" rather than saying "I will laugh it he goes to KC"

OK i am done talking about this.
kylecumberland

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
kylecumberland wrote:
When someone constantly borderline trolls such as saying he will laugh when KC takes Geno, and also says he will laugh when KC signs Alex Smith, there is really no need to get a moderator involved, because it is not blatent trolling.

I don't understand why people feel as if there are degrees of trolling. You just broke it down into two degrees - borderline and blatant. From a Mod's perspective, both are trolling. No degrees to it. Both are harmful to the discussion of the thread, both are dealt with in varying fashions.

You won't know if we will act on it unless you tell us it's going on. We can't be everywhere at once, so you have to help us out when things of this nature happen.

Quote:
He is just intent on bashing whatever move the chiefs make...thats the way it is. Whatever QB we acquire he will "LAUGH" whoever we draft at 1 he will "Laugh" that is why I pointed that out rather than get a MOD involved.

Getting a Mod involved is what we would choose you to do in the future. We have established our expectations since the site has been founded, and there isn't anything that has happened in that time that has changed said stance. Your varying degrees of trolling isn't deterring our stance, and all you do by "pointing it out" is placing yourself in the line of fire, not him.

I understand, and I respect the established rules of the site. I will just keep to myself about it like I usually do though. I am not the type of person to tattle tale on someone for something of this nature. If other people want to they can report him, but ratting on someone else is not in my makeout. As a school teacher it is not something I enjoy dealing with, so I don't want to do that. I will just keep quiet like usual.
bears2308

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmvoss wrote:
BrettFavre4 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
I think he returns to pre-Harbaugh form. They should trade him to Arizona and keep him in the division.

My fear as well. Although I'd like the Bills to try for him, I have that fear and also don't know if he'd be a fit here.

I think the Cardinals make the most sense. Playing in a dome could be the best fit for him and he'd have an elite WR.

Yep, Cardinals would be the best for everyone. Especially the fans. I'd love to see Smith get his shot @ the 49ers twice next year.

Why not the Chiefs? Their all around offense kills AZ.
Mikek163

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:

We are all passionate football fans here. If we weren't we wouldn't be on a forum during our spare time discussing things. So once in a while things are going to get heated up and bickering will happen. I don't view that as trolling, heck, I just said we get sidetracked all the time by Bronco fans. I don't think we all need to go crying to our moderator every single time a rival fan bashes us. Arguing, bickering, fan rivalry is all an integral part of a successful football forum in my honest opinion. It just sometimes can get annoying is all.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To get completely back on track,

I think Alex Smith goes to the Bills, and has moderate success.

I'm pretty sure they are done with Ryan Fitzpatrick, and would rather get some new blood in there. Even if they draft a QB early, I wouldn't expect him to start right away.

Alex Smith is a solid QB. Maybe he can help Buffalo win, or atleast not lose a few games this year.

Not your typical Vikings anymore.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: