Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If Brett Favre came back in 2013?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
x0x

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:18 am    Post subject: If Brett Favre came back in 2013? Reply with quote

Steve DeBerg was out of the league for over 4 seasons before coming back briefly at age 44.

It's not impossible.

NOW, all we're doing here is considering where Favre would be in terms of need.

Would he get a starting job? Where?

I think without question if he came back as a backup he'd have at least 24 teams interested.

P.S. Two years away from the game health wise would be a huge benefit. He'd probably be in 2009 shape right now.
sayheykid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Defensive backs around the league would cry tears of joy.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Cardinals cleaned up their offensive line like it seemed the last several games this year.

Favre being our QB for one season would be far from the worst thing in the world.

However considering Favre's desire for a championship, it seems he would backup in Pittsburgh or Houston.
MathMan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

x0x wrote:
If the Cardinals cleaned up their offensive line like it seemed the last several games this year.

Favre being our QB for one season would be far from the worst thing in the world.

However considering Favre's desire for a championship, it seems he would backup in Pittsburgh or Houston.

Yep, Faaaar from it alright.

There's no upside with Favre. I wouldn't see any team taking a flyer on him if he made himself available. Kind of like McNabb.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MathMan wrote:
I wouldn't see any team taking a flyer on him if he made himself available. Kind of like McNabb.

I'd love to know how you get to the McNabb comparison.

Favre circa 2010 is loaded with excuses. No Sidney Rice, worse offensive line and I believe he played one game after serious injury.

He showed how well he can transition, 2 years off and coming back as a backup? As I said there would be at least 24 teams interested if the price was fair.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say we let the guy retire
TomRalph

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We hated 'Favre Watch when it was initiated by him, now, when it finally seems like it's over, we initiate it ourselves? Confused

Adopt-a-Patriot '14: Danny Amendola
Catches: 4
lionslicer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'd be better than Mark Sanchez.
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'd die on the field.

I hate the Jaguars
Badger75

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of his three post-Packers seasons, the first year with the Vikings was a genuine comeback. He was fit and motivated an already talented team. His NYJ year and year 2 in Minn. were disasters.

Too old. Stay retired. Cool
RiseUp

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using Steve DeBerg as an example probably wasn't too good of an idea, haha. There's NO upside for a team selecting Favre. He would be useful for one season AT THE MOST and that's pushing it to say he would be useful for a single season.

Assuming you're correct and Favre is back to the same shape he was in for the 2009 season, he would be crazy to comeback and try and punish his body for another 16 games and would be AMAZING if he made it 16 games without getting hammered and injured.

So, I'm saying, it would be a crazy for Favre to try and comeback, and even more crazy if a team took a shot with him.
me227

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: If Brett Favre came back in 2013? Reply with quote

x0x wrote:

I think without question if he came back as a backup he'd have at least 24 teams interested.

At least 24 teams interested? Really? Lets go through the teams:

AFC West
Chiefs- Possibly
Raiders- Possibly
Chargers- No
Broncos- No

East
Patriots- No
Dolphins- No
Bills- Possibly
Jets- No

North
Steelers- No
Ravens- No
Bengals- No
Browns- Possibly

South
Texans- No
Colts- No
Titans- Possibly
Jaguars- Possibly

So I got 6 that MAY be interested in the AFC, Lets look at the NFC

West
49ers- No
Seahawks- No
Rams- Doubtful but possible
Cardinals- Sure

East
Redskins- No
Giants- No
Cowboys- No
Eagles- Possibly

North
Packers- No
Bears- No
Vikings- No
Lions- No

South
Saints- No
Panthers- No
Falcons- No
Buccaneers- Doubtful but Possible

I come up with 8 possibles, 2 doubtfuls and 22 No's. So help me out which other 14 teams at least would be interested in Favre?

2011 Dallas Cowboys Pick 'Em Champion
RiseUp

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^I think he MIGHT be including teams that would be interested in him as a backup. I can't see Favre coming back though if he's going to be a backup for a season. Seems like a waste of time for Favre. If he came back it would be because he wants to play the game again. Not sit on the bench.
me227

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RiseUp wrote:
^I think he MIGHT be including teams that would be interested in him as a backup. I can't see Favre coming back though if he's going to be a backup for a season. Seems like a waste of time for Favre. If he came back it would be because he wants to play the game again. Not sit on the bench.

I get that, but 1. Favre plays second fiddle to no one, he would not be a back up, 2. Teams with young QB's(wouldn't want to mess with the young qb's head thinking the first time he throws a bad ball the fans would all be chanting for #4), Teams in big media markets (Tebow syndrome, why put your team throw the media impact for a 40+ year old backup), teams with established QB's would want no part of him(Back to the Favre won't play second fiddle).

2011 Dallas Cowboys Pick 'Em Champion
RiseUp

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

me227 wrote:
RiseUp wrote:

I get that, but 1. Favre plays second fiddle to no one, he would not be a back up, 2. Teams with young QB's(wouldn't want to mess with the young qb's head thinking the first time he throws a bad ball the fans would all be chanting for #4), Teams in big media markets (Tebow syndrome, why put your team throw the media impact for a 40+ year old backup), teams with established QB's would want no part of him(Back to the Favre won't play second fiddle).

Yeah as I said in my post above, I completely agree. I was going to bring up the as you call it "Tebow Syndrome" too. I think a team would be crazy to bring in Favre if he WERE willing to be a backup to someone for the aforementioned reason.

Just trying to maybe justify his "24."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: