Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Randy Moss Is Way More Talented Than Calvin Will Ever Be
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
Troy Brown wrote:
Its weird how angry people get in these threads.

I dont think anyone is angry. This is all trash talk. I doubt anyone in here takes any of this seriously. I know NBT doesnt. I know I dont.

J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
How about that game film from the year he was bounced out of NE?

Revis getting Mossed is in the OP. Mr. Green

Is the part where you admitted he dialed it down because he was unhappy with his contract also in the OP?

Eh, Moss was going hard here, I remember those games vividly. Was he going hard in Minnesota...? Confused

I think we are seeing some revisionist history here. You said in another thread that you thought Moss was released by NE because he was half stepping on the field because he didnt like his contract situation. And that it backfired on him.

CK on the sig
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
Troy Brown wrote:

I dont think anyone is angry. This is all trash talk. I doubt anyone in here takes any of this seriously. I know NBT doesnt. I know I dont.

vikefan79 does. check. Laughing Wink

CK on the sig
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:

Is the part where you admitted he dialed it down because he was unhappy with his contract also in the OP?

Eh, Moss was going hard here, I remember those games vividly. Was he going hard in Minnesota...? Confused

I think we are seeing some revisionist history here. You said in another thread that you thought Moss was released by NE because he was half stepping on the field because he didnt like his contract situation. And that it backfired on him.

?

Show me where I said this. Off the field he was saying things he shouldnt have, but on it he was going HAM.
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:

?

Show me where I said this. Off the field he was saying things he shouldnt have, but on it he was going HAM.

Show you? As in... what? Go back through 2 years of threads looking for one comment from you? Naw, that's okay. You said it. Feel free to deny it. I'm not willing to try and prove it. But I dont have any reason to make things up.

And did the definition of HAM change recently? Wasnt he averaging about 3 catches, 40 yards and a TD a game in NE that year?

CK on the sig
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hernandez was also killing it thanks to Moss's double coverage. Wink
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
CJ4life

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could make the case for either being the most physically gifted WR in the history. Calvin loses a little of the long speed and for size and strength, which I would honestly take considering he has more than enough long speed to burn corners right now anyway.

Calvin has the work ethic, the tenacity, the dedication, and all-world talent to be perhaps the greatest to ever play the position. Even Rice admits he's got a shot at surpassing him.
Jerry Rice wrote:
"This guyís gifted but he also has the work ethic,Ē Rice said. ďA lot of guys are gifted, but they donít want to sacrifice and put the time in, and heís willing to do that. And at the same time, it doesnít go to his head, so thatís why Iím saying heís only going to get better with that sort of attitude.Ē

http://www.freep.com/article/20130130/SPORTS01/130130080/?odyssey=tab%7Cmostpopular%7Ctext%7CSPORTS06

While Moss decided to coast mostly on his physical talents throughout his career, Johnson goes to work day in and day out. He has the talent to not have to, but that's what makes CJ truly elite: that mentality to want to be the best and earn it is there. When you combine an attitude like that, while still being one of the most humble guys in the NFL with a level of talent rivaled only by maybe one receiver in NFL history, you have an absolutely lethal combination.

All that work CJ is putting in now is going to make the years in his prime absolutely amazing. However, where he's really gonna feel it is later on in his career when his speed will undoubtedly start to slip. He'll have the route running and willingness to catch the short to intermediate passes, and he already possess the strength and range to continue to be a lethal target regardless of separation at any level of the defense.

Randy's drop in production from prime to post-prime was pretty steep, especially if you compare it to Jerry Rice. That's the thing; because Jerry put in the work, he really didn't suffer that much when his body started to slow down. His game wasn't dependent on being the most athletic player on the field. Rather he just knew where to be, how to beat coverages regardless of separation and always remained a threat anywhere on the field. I expect Calvin, because of his work ethic, to share the same type of success in the latter part of his career after he's past his prime.

He already has the single season record for receiving yards in a season. He's on pace to the youngest, and fastest player ever to 10,000 receiving yards, despite having absolutely terrible QB play for the beginning of his career. He's in a position to put a serious dent in every single receiving category ever.

driftwood wrote:
haggis wrote:
i bet if you had sould after he jumped a little cough here and there usually follow

lol, wait what?
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:

Pretty sure you mean defenses focusing on stopping the short game and Welker.

CK on the sig
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-england-patriots/09000d5d81a73fe7/Pats-Hernandez-busts-loose-for-big-gain
Meeker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
Maverick12 wrote:
Calvin in '08 still had 1200+ yards and 12 TDs with scrubs throwing him the ball. How did Randy do in Oakland in a similar situation?

Randy has caught 17 or more touchdowns in a season 3 times, has Calvin done it ever? He did it 6 different quarterbacks.

Just stop it. Randall Cunningham was out of football2 years befor ehe played with Moss. Jeff George was a career bust.

If you put 2nd year Moss of 1999 on the 08 lions instead of 2nd year Calvin, I guarentee you the Lions win at least one game.

Calvin Johnson never quit on his team because they werent winning enough games either.

I guess ya gotta take the good with the bad.

1) Lets be real - Moss publicly trashing the team was the moment people began to realize Al Davis was losing it. Moss was 100% right when he told Zigi Wilf that he should fire Brad Childress. What one man says is "quitting" on the team, another man says is someone being strong enough to say what the team needs to hear in order to really improve.

2) I dont disagree, but that is a double edged sword.

Through age 36, Moss and Rice have similar #s. One never quit, one supposably quit all the time. one spent the entire duration of that period with future HOFS, the other had 2 seasons with one out of 15 seasons.

You tell me which one is more impressive.
They really, really, really, dont. Moss was behind Jerry after 11 years (let's all keep in mind that after 11 years Jerry owned every major receiving record), Jerry continued to be a dominant player for 3 more years after that to get to to 36. After 11 years Moss had ONE more good year. That's it. ITS NOT CLOSE

TECHNICALLY he is correct (through 35 though, as Randy turns 36 in the next couple weeks).

Randy Moss
982 receptions
15292 yards
156 touchdowns

Jerry Rice
1057 receptions
16455 yards
155 touchdowns

But thats with Randy Moss playing in 28 more games. Through 218 games:

Jerry Rice
1191 receptions
18182 yards
168 touchdowns

or

209 more receptions
2890 more yards
12 more touchdowns

Really not close statistically.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is an average of 15 catches for 212 yards and .9 touchdown more per season.

ABOUT the difference between a daunte cupepper and joe montana!

No..with montana instead of pep, randy adds more than 200 yards and .9 TDs his seasonal averages
Meeker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
That is an average of 15 catches for 212 yards and .9 touchdown more per season.

ABOUT the difference between a daunte cupepper and joe montana!

No..with montana instead of pep, randy adds more than 200 yards and .9 TDs his seasonal averages

Prove it. Considering the type of QB Montana was, I'd bet his numbers would go down actually.

Thats a huge difference in seasonal average...quite amazing.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-england-patriots/09000d5d81a73fe7/Pats-Hernandez-busts-loose-for-big-gain

Trying to remember what happened to the Pats passing attack when Moss was booted. Can you help me out? Did they fall apart? Or get better and better?

Oh, I know. He was still drawing coverage, even when he was in TEN and MIN, and eventually at home.

CK on the sig
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meeker wrote:
Considering the type of QB Montana was

What "type"? Oh, the same "type" Brady was pre Moss?
Troy Brown

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
Troy Brown wrote:

Not a veteran member of the Moss vs anyone else conversations such as yourself, but like the guy on the first page who actually said Moss was a one trick pony who is now utterly worthless.

Either way, NBT is like KG. You know he is gonna bring up Moss, you know he might only believe half the things he says, and you know it's coming so why do you get lose your pants when it happens?

ELRammy

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 4 of 25

Jump to: